Micro SD card is not functioning?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently my 8gb Samsung micro SD is jacked up.
Cause: I was transferring one of my Gamecube games onto this Micro SD (through an Adapter) and i noticed the transfer speeds got lower and lower until It stopped transferring the data all together :wtf:
Issue: My micro SD wont show up on a computer nor will it show up in my phone and it just freezes my 3DS whenever it is inserted.

I was thinking the transferred data that wasn't fully transferred corrupted my Micro SD.
I just want to know your thought as to what happened.

xy1154

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
One of my MemorySticks behaved the same. It all began when I was playing games on my PSP and suddenly the console stopped loading any data from the stick:blink:...

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
if you can't format it, even with diferent adapters\readers, the only thing you can do is get a new one..

some sd card manufacters offers a lifetime warranty or some years (in europe all electronics have 2 year warranty minimum...

you can ask the manufacter\ or the place you bought it, if it has warranty (if you bought recently)

i had a kingston micro sd card, that failed after some time.. now it is not even detected.. maybe it was counterfeit, i am not sure..

xy1154

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
if you can't format it, even with diferent adapters\readers, the only thing you can do is get a new one..

some sd card manufacters offers a lifetime warranty or some years (in europe all electronics have 2 year warranty minimum...

you can ask the manufacter\ or the place you bought it, if it has warranty (if you bought recently)

i had a kingston micro sd card, that failed after some time.. now it is not even detected.. maybe it was counterfeit, i am not sure..

I used to own a Kingston MicroSD with 8GB of capacity...One day it failed and all of my photos inside were gone. It couldn't be a fake one, as I purchased it from a legal store. Maybe Kingston is not so reliable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: