Hacking Micro SD brand

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Always go for a good brand, whenever possible. Chinese Knockoffs will always fail early, nearly 100% of the time.

A Sandisk or Samsung MicroSD is normally a good goto for me. I've currently got a 128GB Sandisk card in my Switch.

Feeeerrrriiii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is this well? in the case of hack you can use the micro sd Chinese?

Attachments

• IMG_1734.PNG
    IMG_1734.PNG
    144 KB · Views: 258
D

Deleted-355425

I went with a 200gb card, ended up with around 183 usuable space... happy with that.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I went with a 200gb card, ended up with around 183 usuable space... happy with that.
200GB are roughly 186GiB. Are you certain it isn't just that? Windows shows storage as GiB and calls it GB.

As for the OP.
SanDisk or Samsung, I'd say. Do not go with chinese or fake SD cards. I have a "64GB" microSD laying around, it has 2GB of actual storage. Also, they're often unreliable. Go with a real card. You can get a 64GB Samsung Evo for around 20€.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
D

Deleted-355425

200GB are roughly 186GiB. Are you certain it isn't just that? Windows shows storage as GiB and calls it GB.

As for the OP.
SanDisk or Samsung, I'd say. Do not go with chinese or fake SD cards. I have a "64GB" microSD laying around, it has 2GB of actual storage. Also, they're often unreliable. Go with a real card. You can get a 64GB Samsung Evo for around 20€.

Probably, either way it’s nice to have all that space!

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no benefit to using chinese knockoffs. Yeah, you might get lucky and receive one that doesn't fail straight away or DOA, but it's better just to pay a little more for something that 1. is a reliable brand that can last several years and 2. actually has a warranty.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
There is no benefit to using chinese knockoffs. Yeah, you might get lucky and receive one that doesn't fail straight away or DOA, but it's better just to pay a little more for something that 1. is a reliable brand that can last several years and 2. actually has a warranty.
The last time I got a chinese microSD, it was just some 2GB card, it worked, but it was so fragile that it just broke in half when I tried to remove it from the slot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-