OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Yes, this again. All throughout Metal Gear Solid 4's development, rumors swirled that the PS3 exclusive would go multi-platform. Even after Konami announced that the game would feature an in-game PS3 controller, the rumors persisted. And now thanks to Japanese stock investor bulletin Morningstar, those rumors continue. The site points out that the number of cross platform titles has increased in an effort to appeal to a more international market. While at TGS, Konami PR mouthpiece Yoshitaka Arai told Morningstar:
Code:
The worldwide demand for an Xbox 360 version (of MGS4) is quite high, and it is something we are currently looking in to.
Does this really surprise anyone? The thing that is surprising is that Konami, a third party developer, poured so much money into an exclusive title in an age where multi-plat development is quickly becoming de rigueur.

Source : Kotaku.com
http://kotaku.com/5063447/konami-officiall...al-gear-solid-4

If MGS4 really gets a 360 version, I will be happier than the joker himself!
ohmy.gif

They sure could get a lot of cash if they made a 360 version.
smile.gif

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess this is great news but one question that pops into my head is what changes do they have to do (graphically maybe or other things) to make it work for the 360? Cuz i thought mgs4 really utilized the ps3, which has a completely different capacity than that of the 360 xD

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
i cant wait if they do, its been long overdue, maybe even clean up any bugs the game might have ready for a 360 release then i will be happy as a pig in sh*t!

Kojima did say it was handy using blue ray to use full capacity so the game might have to span across some dvds and yes it might require some graphical changes but i can imagine the team porting it to the 360 will do an awsome job, but end of the day i would say its worth it no matter what to finally finish off the story of solid snake

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Digeman said:
I guess this is great news but one question that pops into my head is what changes do they have to do (graphically maybe or other things) to make it work for the 360? Cuz i thought mgs4 really utilized the ps3, which has a completely different capacity than that of the 360 xD

It doesn't HEAVILY utilize the PS3. The games has a shitload of uncompressed audio and video. Compress it and boom, 360 time!!

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
Prime said:
This would be near the final nail in the coffin for the ps3, Another exclusive they have lost.

I'd love to see the faces of ps3 fanboys if we do indeed get MGS4

well to a degree it was an exclusive for the PS3, means they got it first and then takes a while for everyone else to get it ported lol,

cant say im much of a ps3 fan myself, loved the ps2.. but hey what can you do but look forward...... forward to Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to the Xbox 360 pmsl
grog.gif

Opium, i would imagine 2, all depending on video and audio, like 754boy said for the ps3 its all uncompressed because of blu-ray, guess they would have to tighten up their leash for the 360

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
Prime said:
No, exclusive means it is only for that console.

I stand corrected, i thought it was only exclusive for a title release for X amount of time before it was going to another console,

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I sort of assumed this would happen, right from the start.

GTA IV was supposed to be console exclusive, yet now theres a pc version coming out.
You can never trust developers.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
Always the way....... Supply and Demand, gets the best of em all...... well that and the large stacks of cash they will make from it, its a stupid war, they should port games on every console and leave it to the consumer to decide

5 disks? pmsl didnt blue dragon take 4?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)