Gaming MGS 4 MAY get a 360 version!

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DAZA said:
Always the way....... Supply and Demand, gets the best of em all...... well that and the large stacks of cash they will make from it, its a stupid war, they should port games on every console and leave it to the consumer to decide

5 disks? pmsl didnt blue dragon take 4?

Close, Infact it took 3 discs.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xcalibur said:
I sort of assumed this would happen, right from the start.

GTA IV was supposed to be console exclusive, yet now theres a pc version coming out.
You can never trust developers.

Well maybe this will be similar to a Splinter Cell Double Agent type of thing...

For instance, 360 had it for 6 months before it was ported to Wii and such.

I'm sure if the money is right MGS4 will lose its exclusiveness to the PS3

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sstew said:
Xcalibur said:

GTA IV was supposed to be console exclusive, yet now theres a pc version coming out.

Well maybe this will be similar to a Splinter Cell Double Agent type of thing...

Sometimes the word "Exclusive" (at least in video game terms) is used much too loosely these days. It's weird because sometimes they SAY exclusive but they actually mean "Timed Exclusive". Unreal Tournament 3, for example, was a PS3 timed exclusive. It was released, months later, on the Xbox 360.

Quick Edit:
And 'exclusive', to me, is just a word. I don't see any contracts.**

**Actually, I'm sure there are some contracts out there (which differ from owning the actual IP, of course)

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BiscuitBee said:
Sstew said:
Xcalibur said:

Sometimes the word "Exclusive" (at least in video game terms) is used much too loosely these days. It's weird because sometimes they SAY exclusive but they actually mean "Timed Exclusive". Unreal Tournament 3, for example, was a PS3 timed exclusive. It was released, months later, on the Xbox 360.

Quick Edit:
And 'exclusive', to me, is just a word. I don't see any contracts.**

**Actually, I'm sure there are some contracts out there (which differ from owning the actual IP, of course)

"Timed Exclusive. That makes sense, Like Bioshock Correct? Coming out for PS3 now after a few months of being just for the 360

DarthYoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anybody remember the MGS 2 port to the PC? Is it just me, or do I remember it explaining controls as PS2 controls? (eg. "Press R1 to do this" and I'm like "what R1??")

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Opium said:
How many discs will it come on?
Well, PS3 game was roughly 30GB if I remember correctly. Now this is completely pointless speculation as they could do more compression and make some changes as well to reduce size but let's go ahead an humour the 30GB size. That'd be 4 DVDs. Lost Odyssey was 4 as well so it's not unforgivable. Not to mention, what's going to take longer? Several minute install times from the PS3 or just swapping the disk? Probably would take just as much time.

Note To PS3 Fanboys: I DO HAVE A PS3, I LOVED MGS4. So fuck off and find some other post to nitpick on with your worthless existence!

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
"Timed Exclusive. That makes sense, Like Bioshock Correct? Coming out for PS3 now after a few months of being just for the 360

You mean after a year lol. Bioshock is old as dirt now. PS3 owners can happily have our scraps lol.
grog.gif

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
Sstew said:

You mean after a year lol. Bioshock is old as dirt now. PS3 owners can happily have our scraps lol.
grog.gif

Bioshock = Scraps? If those are the kinds of scraps we get from you guys, I welcome them with open arms.

DarthYoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
Anybody remember the MGS 2 port to the PC? Is it just me, or do I remember it explaining controls as PS2 controls? (eg. "Press R1 to do this" and I'm like "what R1??")
Apparently it runs horribly on most PCs and is barely worth playing. But that's just what I've heard.
It's basically retarded. You don't even aim with the mouse. At least I couldn't get it to.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I never bought MGS4 on PS3 to begin with, I don't think I'll suddenly want to play it just because it's on 360 so I can pirate it.

I can't wait until people start posting "LOL MGS4 on 360 is better than the PS3 version" everywhere.
Like, that inevitably happens on EVERY FUCKING SINGLE PS3/360 multiplatform game. I have to say bloody good job GameTrailers.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
lol

there was a joke about that in the actual game
saying to switch disks, but then said, oh wait
with the new technology you dont have to do that anymore
theres videos on youtube if you wanna watch it

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Opium said:
lol

there was a joke about that in the actual game
saying to switch disks, but then said, oh wait
with the new technology you dont have to do that anymore
theres videos on youtube if you wanna watch it
I was thinking about that too. Not to mention all the Sony Playstation specific stuff in the game. I believe you see the six axis controller a lot. Dont you?

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
Yeah... for a game mentioning its on a games console is pretty lame, i hope they scrap that in 360 version (and not replace it with a 360 joke)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAZA said:
Yeah... for a game mentioning its on a games console is pretty lame, i hope they scrap that in 360 version (and not replace it with a 360 joke)
they did a simular bit and R&C future
in one of the missions, they say let me show you my superior online capabilities but oh no, my 30% failure rate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night