Homebrew mGBA slow loading times

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, just got mGBA for my Wii, but whenever I play a game for an extended period of time (around 5-10 minutes) and exit the app, it gets stuck on a black screen and takes forever to get to the Wii menu. This has only happened with two of the games I have played so far, both Homebrewed games, and it doesn't happen when I go on the game and leave after about a minute. Any way to fix this?

D

Deleted User

Hey everyone, just got mGBA for my Wii, but whenever I play a game for an extended period of time (around 5-10 minutes) and exit the app, it gets stuck on a black screen and takes forever to get to the Wii menu. This has only happened with two of the games I have played so far, both Homebrewed games, and it doesn't happen when I go on the game and leave after about a minute. Any way to fix this?
You could open an issue on the mGBA github page:https://github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/issues

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

The FIX:
Use Visual Boy Advance GX

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
VBAGX runs much slower for games like monkeyball and is the reason I switched over.
Well. I understand your frustration. I have played MonkeyBall on Retroarch using the MGBA core.

Have you tried taking out your SD card, cleaning the pins a little bit, blowing on the Wii's SD Slot and trying again?
I sometimes get slow performance on emulators and that usually fix things.

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well. I understand your frustration. I have played MonkeyBall on Retroarch using the MGBA core.

Have you tried taking out your SD card, cleaning the pins a little bit, blowing on the Wii's SD Slot and trying again?
I sometimes get slow performance on emulators and that usually fix things.
Everything is as clean as it can get, especially since this is a fresh SD card.

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The nightly contain the latest changes endrift made. They are beta releases until enrift releases the next official build.
Got it, well it seems that it only happens for ROM hacks. Maybe it's the file ending? I have some saved as .gba but most are .zip. Does that matter much?

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe. The zip file could take longer to boot.
I checked it over, only one of the games is a .gba, whereas the rest are zips. I'm not sure why, but it is only homebrew games. Official games go back to the menu like normal, it's just that these go to a black screen. I have to hit the reset button to close them properly.

D

Deleted User

I checked it over, only one of the games is a .gba, whereas the rest are zips. I'm not sure why, but it is only homebrew games. Official games go back to the menu like normal, it's just that these go to a black screen. I have to hit the reset button to close them properly.
Could you tell me name of the homebrew game? I can test it on my Wii with mGBA.

D

Deleted User

There are a few, Blast Arena Advanced, Lockjaw the Overdose, Holyhell. There are a few I haven't tried like Super Wings and Anguna.
I playtested Blast Arena Advanced, Lockjaw the Overdose and Holyhell with the mGBA version 0.8 beta 1 release.
They all run fine.
My sd card is also rather full. I don´t know what the reason is for the issues you mentioned above.

Attachments

• lj-0.png
    lj-0.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 147

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I playtested Blast Arena Advanced, Lockjaw the Overdose and Holyhell with the mGBA version 0.8 beta 1 release.
They all run fine.
My sd card is also rather full. I don´t know what the reason is for the issues you mentioned above.
I actually downloaded mGBA with the new Openshop Channel, so it was on the latest version. Are you able to link the version you have so I can switch over?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::toot::hrth: +1