Mewtwo DLC announced for Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
damnit. hell of a thing to wake up to....

once I saw that Namaco was on this project I knew paid DLC was inevitable.

This promotional period is to see how people will react to paid DLC. And the very idea of DLC in Smash Bros. If it does well and it's well received. There will be more. I can guarantee that. Mewtwo will be free for multi-platform owners but that's the only bone Nintendo will throw at them in regards to DLC.

PtfcSVM.png

oh laordy I hope not.

Here's a better source: http://t.co/kPxybdRdla

Next Stop: ETA Q2 2015: Paid DLC Ice Climbers.

Well, at least this one's not already on the disc.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sakurai told IGN a while ago

"but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards." - Jun 2013

so.....when did they change their mind?

all i'm saying is that Mewtwo or future DLC characters (because after reading what the internet thinks about this...there WILL BE MORE) better not divide the online community.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

all i'm saying is that Mewtwo or future DLC characters (because after reading what the internet thinks about this...there WILL BE MORE) better not divide the online community.

When Nintendo realized they could make money from it?

Nintendo is not in the business to "be ethical" or "do things for the gamers", they're in it to make money. If you really believed Nintendo would only do free DLC constantly out of the goodness of their own heart then you're pretty dumb.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Does it even matter? That was more than a year ago. They did say "for now".

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo is not in the business to "be ethical" or "do things for the gamers", they're in it to make money. If you really believed Nintendo would only do free DLC constantly out of the goodness of their own heart then you're pretty dumb.

well obviously after their with the Mario Kart 8 DLC not being free, obviously we all came to a realization that free DLC from Nintendo was over. In fact I think we realized this when Fire Emblem 3DS had paid DLC. I'm just wondering when they actually decided to start working on mewtwo / give up on trying to get him in the 3DS game for day 1 and decided charge for him separately.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

The free DLC vehicles (Mercedez) that MK8 got were absolutely garbage, hell, they were slower than the karts in the game already which is pretty terrible considering the karts are too slow as it is.

If they wanna charge $11.99/£11.99 then they better make it worth and with the DLC Pack #1 and #2 it looks like it'll be.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The free DLC vehicles (Mercedez) that MK8 got were absolutely garbage, hell, they were slower than the karts in the game already which is pretty terrible considering the karts are too slow as it is.

If they wanna charge $11.99/£11.99 then they better make it worth and with the DLC Pack #1 and #2 it looks like it'll be.

Technically they haven't announced ANY price yet. They just said this to get people hyped for the most hyped brawl character missing in SSB4. Which seem like taking advantage of fanboyism for money

but I DIGRESS.

This announcement also might help with future Wii U purchase incentives. More DLC characters are on the way that's a gurantee. They won't stop with just Mewtwo (this isn't PS all-stars over here ;3),

All i'm saying is that Nintendo better do "DLC right" motto for Smash Bros 4 like they have been with MK8 (or that's at least what the majority of the internet is saying)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
He looks amazing T.T Much better than the Gamefreak version. Finally, Nintendo makes something good.

This may be the first thing I actually buy from the eShop-

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
this is all and all okay (I mean every goddamn modern fighter has DLC so we better fucking get used to it) but they better not be OP to encourage more people to buy it so they can become competitive online again. Or that would be a dick move. Make him balanced and I don't have any problem. I mean every one else is doing it. customers have accepted it. it's Nintendo's turn to cash in

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is all and all okay (I mean every goddamn modern fighter has DLC so we better fucking get used to it) but they better not be OP to encourage more people to buy it so they can become competitive online again. Or that would be a dick move. Make him balanced and I don't have any problem. I mean every one else is doing it. customers have accepted it. it's Nintendo's turn to cash in

>balanced
>Smash

Pick exactly one and only one.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remember back when people bought a game and a new character came out, it would update the game with it?
Instead of having to pay 80$ then another 20$ for character packs for online

No, I don't. Name some examples because free content for games is very, very limited in nature. Unless you're thinking that games in development releasing updates (akin to Minecraft) is the same thing, which it isn't.

Reactions: Arras

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
To get it free, you need both versions..
They want you to spend an extra 30.00 is what they really meant.

Or somehow manage to buy a Smash 3DS Club Nintendo card unused from eBay for $5/$10 if you want it that much. :P

The primary reason I bought Smash 3DS was to obtain the Club Nintendo card so I'd get the Smash 2CD Soundtrack besides playing the full game for a while.

Reactions: chavosaur

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, you mean
    furries.
    well, sonic fans are a whole separate thing from furries
    like bronys
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: like bronys