qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm wanting to poke around with some stuff in Metroid Prime: Trilogy a bit, but for what I want to test I need to know, has anyone tested the new IOS reload blocking in cIOSX rev20? Does MP:T work now WITHOUT USING THE ALT DOL METHOD? Can anyone suggest a good loader to run it from (I don't do disc backups, I run from a HD usually, but I need the IOS reload blocking to work for what I want to try, and that DOESN'T work from USB). Also, are there any good guides for getting MP:T onto a DVD5? I own the game and am working from my own dump, but I don't have any dual-layer DVD's or a dual-layer burner.

Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
If you just use uLoader, you can pick the alternative DOL to use from the Load Game menu rather than having to manually edit yourself, which makes it much easier and convenient to play.

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
qwertymodo said:
Ok, I'm wanting to poke around with some stuff in Metroid Prime: Trilogy a bit, but for what I want to test I need to know, has anyone tested the new IOS reload blocking in cIOSX rev20? Does MP:T work now WITHOUT USING THE ALT DOL METHOD? Can anyone suggest a good loader to run it from (I don't do disc backups, I run from a HD usually, but I need the IOS reload blocking to work for what I want to try, and that DOESN'T work from USB). Also, are there any good guides for getting MP:T onto a DVD5? I own the game and am working from my own dump, but I don't have any dual-layer DVD's or a dual-layer burner.

ios reload function from ciosx rev20 will only work with games running from dvd as stated in the nfo. trilogy is perfectlty playable like an original if you install uneek/sneek+di (no alt. dol shit)

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
I am NOT trying to PLAY the game, I ALREADY OWN A LEGIT COPY, as I posted, so I will always play with that. I am trying to poke around with the game to try getting USB loaders to be able to set the difficulty of play as well as accessing the MP2 Multiplayer. However, in order to get at the information I need, I need to be able to boot a burned disc and run each of the 3 games WITHOUT USING THE ALT DOL METHOD. So please, read the question and answer it if you have an answer, but I don't need any other suggestions, thank you.

Also, the second issue I am facing is the inability to burn DL discs, as well as an unwillingness to pay that kind of money for it, so I'm wanting to rebuild the .iso to run off of DVD5, which should be perfectly adequate for my purposes.

So, if anyone can help me with THAT information, I will much appreciate it.

sakax said:
ios reload function from ciosx rev20 will only work with games running from dvd as stated in the nfo. trilogy is perfectlty playable like an original if you install uneek/sneek+di (no alt. dol shit)
That's why I'm asking about burning it to a disc, thanks. But that still doesn't answer my question of if anyone has tested it and found it to work. I may have to give SNEEK+DI a look, but I'm not sure if it works the way I'm hoping...

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to mention that I'm also looking for a solution to the same problem. I own a copy but would love to be able to get it playable off USB hard drive from the primary menu (to control save slot, difficulty, etc. ... and because I'm lazy and don't like having to mess with discs). If anyone ever figures out how to get around the IOS reloading please let us know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo