Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
Semi private tracker MD5 of ISO: FBC00F36FEF9760111739A3A89136721 (MP3 did not work)
Usenet MD5 of ISO: DA4FC9304933FE9137ECD5E156A1CF07 (will try later)
The MD5 "DA4FC9304933FE9137ECD5E156A1CF07" is the scene release and is properly ripped.

rypaul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ph00p said:
pepxl said:
there is a well known site to get your iso's and theyve updated the MPT to a nonscrubbed version ive tried it and it works just for confirmation

Does it properly do 480p?

If you are using the alt dol method then use Neogamma and set the region
options like this
Force video: 480p
Patch video: All

Or as stated in another thread use IOS Patcher to changed the required IOS to 249 and burn it to a
dual layer DVD then use any regular DVD backup loader without any special settings and it should work.
Advantages are you can use multiple profiles and set the difficulty. It does load a bit slower though obviously.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure it's been mentioned but the other thing I noticed this morning when you have a corrupt ISO and LoaderGX ....

When set up the alt-dol method and choose MP3, when you save and go back into the settings then it says something like "rs5". If you choose either MP1 or MP2 then it says the correct .dol name.

darksun45230

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darksun45230.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
This sucks then. I can't get it onto my 7.38GB MicroSD Card no matter what I do. And here I am only a few megs shy, is there anything I can do to get it onto it though? Does compression with WBFS work? Or is this not the right place to ask that?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
With all this hassle it might be worth putting the standalone version of MP3 on the USB HDD as well.

Presumably there are no problems playing MP3 via LoaderGX ?

sbygel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
With all this hassle it might be worth putting the standalone version of MP3 on the USB HDD as well.

Presumably there are no problems playing MP3 via LoaderGX ?

Heh ya.... For some reason, I cant remember, you need any game ex. wiisport in the dvd-drive if you want to run MP3 (the original) off the USB. Other than that it works perfect
smile.gif

Malc`

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rypaul said:
options like this

Genius! Metroid Prime 1 in 480p working fine through Neogamma with alt dol trick. Great suggestion!!

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Malc` said:
rypaul said:
options like this

Genius! Metroid Prime 1 in 480p working fine through Neogamma with alt dol trick. Great suggestion!!

Yea that did the trick here too, shame that on my tv here i get a black bar at the right :/

ph00p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rypaul said:
ph00p said:
pepxl said:
there is a well known site to get your iso's and theyve updated the MPT to a nonscrubbed version ive tried it and it works just for confirmation

options like this

Or as stated in another thread use IOS Patcher to changed the required IOS to 249 and burn it to a
dual layer DVD then use any regular DVD backup loader without any special settings and it should work.
Advantages are you can use multiple profiles and set the difficulty. It does load a bit slower though obviously.

Anyway to do it with LoaderGX?

rypaul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mahern4 said:
How do you know if it's running in 480p?

On my tv 480i is displayed much more darkly and blurry than 480p

Posts merged

ph00p said:
rypaul said:
ph00p said:
QUOTE(pepxl @ Aug 29 2009, 02:40 AM) there is a well known site to get your iso's and theyve updated the MPT to a nonscrubbed version ive tried it and it works just for confirmation

options like this

Anyway to do it with LoaderGX?

I suspect it will only work if the loader supports forcing 480p

Malc`

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mahern4 said:
How do you know if it's running in 480p?

Noticeably sharper in 480p, and my TV has an "information" button that tells you what the resolution is. Stuff in 480p always says 720x480 @ 60hz, 480i it's just blank.

Only problem I have with this game now is that the sound is very quiet compared to other games for me (in game volume controls maxed).

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just updated USB Loader GX.
Installed cIOSrev13a (I read with that cIOS MP1, MP2 and MP3 are playable)
Everytime I try to config an altdol, USB GX doesn't react anymore.
Sometimes my HDD isn't recognized, and my Wii is slow since I installed cIOSrev13a (Don't know why, it shouldn't hurt anything, but since then my Wii is slow).
If I instal rev14, am I able to play MP1 and MP2? I've got MP3 anyway.

sbygel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Covarr said:
AdamBrunt said:
I'm pretty sure you'll run into savegame issues if you do that.

I didnt, I got a Metroid 3 Corruption save game and a Metroid trilogy save game. Since the games have different IDs they can co-exist
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1