Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hasn't anyone tried IOS reload blocking? I don't know if it would work in Configurable, but it ought to work in uLoader (or at least does for other finicky games like Sam and Max apparently). I'd try it myself, but waiting for a new hard drive.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got round to trying to play MP3 tonight.

Worked no problem at all (using the 1UP Trilogy ISO and the alt-dol method).

Surprisingly I am having more of a problem with GH5 than this !!!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Luigi728 said:
I just updated USB Loader GX.
Installed cIOSrev13a (I read with that cIOS MP1, MP2 and MP3 are playable)
Everytime I try to config an altdol, USB GX doesn't react anymore.
Sometimes my HDD isn't recognized, and my Wii is slow since I installed cIOSrev13a (Don't know why, it shouldn't hurt anything, but since then my Wii is slow).
If I instal rev14, am I able to play MP1 and MP2? I've got MP3 anyway.

I'm having similar issues with USB GX. I'm using 249 rev 14 globally. I'm going to try other settings later today. I have a burnt version that plays perfectly with my modchip, but I prefer to go USB loader for convenience sake. I'd like to get this to work properly on the USB loader without having to use the Alt-dol method. It seems like some loaders are able to work this way, so I'm guessing just a matter of time before it works with GX.

mahern4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you can actually notice a pretty big difference between the normal and the 480p. Thanks rypaul info and Wiipower for loader!!

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rypaul said:
ph00p said:
pepxl said:
there is a well known site to get your iso's and theyve updated the MPT to a nonscrubbed version ive tried it and it works just for confirmation

Does it properly do 480p?

If you are using the alt dol method then use Neogamma and set the region
options like this
Force video: 480p
Patch video: All

Thank you for this information. I am deeply ashamed that I was unable to arrive at this solution on my own.

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, rypaul. I thought this was a problem with all loaders, but I'm relieved to see it isn't and I've now confirmed it firsthand
smile.gif

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, IT DOES WORK with Configurable USB Loader, but at 480i, using Hermes. MP 3 playable

For the others use Neogamma and you have 480p. Until Wanin updates IOS249 and fixes the dual layer bug, use an old 249 or hermes.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sabin_Figaro said:
Well, IT DOES WORK with Configurable USB Loader, but at 480i, using Hermes. MP 3 playable

For the others use Neogamma and you have 480p. Until Wanin updates IOS249 and fixes the dual layer bug, use an old 249 or hermes.
Which alt-dol do you pick and what are all your configurations since I can't seem to get mine to work with Hermes.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sabin_Figaro said:
if you get an insert disc message, insert ANY disc

I'm using IOS222-mload, block IOS reload, Alt dol method from disc.º
Alright thanks just to make sure does MP3 work on yours.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rypaul said:
If you are using the alt dol method then use Neogamma and set the region
options like this
Force video: 480p
Patch video: All
This works perfectly, and the games do look much better in 480p. However, I'm finding the Veteran difficulty harder than I'd like, and still can't find a way around this. I might be able to use a DL backup to create the save I want, and use USB loaders to play the rest, but it's a lot of trouble compared to other games. I think I'm gonna buy the actual game, since I checked it out today, and I kinda want the metal tin in my "real" collection. This is probably my best bet, because USB loaders just aren't doing this game justice.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
just found out mp2 will not load in gx. i select the alt dol mp2 but wii resets goes back to health screen!!
Loads perfectly for me using GX rev709, only it's in 480i, and set to Veteran difficulty. My Wii is 4.1U, cIOS_rev14, and my version of Metroid Prime Trilogy is 7.91gb (ISO). Only MP3 gives me the error screen, telling me to consult the manual, or call Nintendo, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol