Metroid Prime NPC won't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by G2K, May 18, 2009.

May 18, 2009

Metroid Prime NPC won't work by G2K at 12:49 AM (858 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. G2K
    OP

Member G2K GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I just downloaded Metroid Prime New Play Control and applied the English patch... when I load the game up (with or without forcing NTSC), I get some error in japanese. after a few seconds, the wrist strap screen flashes in for about half a second, then goes back to the error. Does anyone know what's wrong? Is this common? Here's the error, sorry for the bad quality- it's taken with my DSi:
    [​IMG]

2. SirAileron

Member SirAileron Seeker of Truths

United States
    "Please insert the Metroid Prime (Wii Version) disc."

You probably need a disc (any disc - even a blank one will do) in the drive.

3. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What are you playing with? Gamma, Softchip, a USBLoader? The game won't currently work via USB. If using a disc-based backup loader, try patching the iso to IOS249 and burn it again. Should work just fine then via Gamma, but I don't recall if SoftChip plays it... I believe so.

4. Carty1970

Newcomer Carty1970 Member

United Kingdom
    It is telling you to put a disk in. Any disk will get you to the next point.

Anyway, 2 points;
    1) Backups should be made personally, not downloaded. See the rules of this place.
    2) WTF are you wearing in that pic?! [​IMG]

5. G2K
    OP

Member G2K GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm wearing a blue shirt... there are shades on the window in front of me though, so the sun is coming through awkwardly.

And I guess a simple trip to the compatibility wiki would have answered my question... But what are you guys talking about it not working? Works fine for me!