Chotaz

I'm back! :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Should we expect a sequel for this game?
Do you guys know anything about it?
I played trough Hunters about 5/6 times 3 of them in a row( when i like a game that much, cant get enough of it) ^^ and now im starting to get bored of it...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually, I'd also like a sequel. If they add a slightly better online mode (play all modes against people you don't know!) and a good single player mode ('cause the first one sucked!) I'd actually also buy the new game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked this game, wouldn't mind a sequel if they spent more time with the single player game. Add decent map maker too.

Would prefer a proper 2D one, a sequel to Fusion would be great.

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A sequel to fusion would also be awsome, but i still prefer for hunters, but i do agree when you say they have to spend more time making the single player game...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
What about a sequel to Metroid Fusion (storywise) but in 3D, like Metroid Prime Hunters? That'd be an interesting game... They could make it totally different.

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What about a sequel to Metroid Fusion (storywise) but in 3D, like Metroid Prime Hunters? That'd be an interesting game... They could make it totally different.
Pa-ra-pa-pa-pa!
I love that idea!
logo_mcdonalds.jpg

2 posts in a row with the Mc logo, dammn i'm lacking originality

Tafunda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Metroid Dread MIGHT be the next real Metroid for the DS. It's supposed to be in 2D and it was hinted at being almost complete in Metroid Prime 3...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Retro Studio also denied it, saying it was a complete coincident. Metroid Dread(in MP3) refers to a new metroid, such as the omega metroid or the alpha metroid, not a new metroid game.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd rather have a new 2D-Metroid than a sequel to MPH. No matter if it's a sequel to Fusion or not. We have enough 3D-Metroid on GC and now (and soon) on Wii, so 2D should go on on DS.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hated MPH. MPH had a lame single-player mode and I don't like playing games online. Not to mention that Metroid in 3D is a totally different game than Metroid in 2D. When they started the Prime series, they completely changed the genre of Metroid and I don't like FPS games, so naturally I hated the Prime series by default. Yes, yes, I know, you guys want to call the Prime series a first person adventure and not an FPS, but it's same difference to me.

2D Metroid is REAL Metroid. The Prime series was a bastardization of the Metroid series, IMO. They might be decent games in their own rite, and they are certainly a technical advancement over the 2D versions, but they don't exemplify what Metroid is to me; an action-platformer.

I want a 2D Metroid on the DS and Nintendo is a bunch of friggin' idiots if they don't make one.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hated MPH. MPH had a lame single-player mode and I don't like playing games online. Not to mention that Metroid in 3D is a totally different game than Metroid in 2D. When they started the Prime series, they completely changed the genre of Metroid and I don't like FPS games, so naturally I hated the Prime series by default. Yes, yes, I know, you guys want to call the Prime series a first person adventure and not an FPS, but it's same difference to me.

2D Metroid is REAL Metroid. The Prime series was a bastardization of the Metroid series, IMO. They might be decent games in their own rite, and they are certainly a technical advancement over the 2D versions, but they don't exemplify what Metroid is to me; an action-platformer.

I want a 2D Metroid on the DS and Nintendo is a bunch of friggin' idiots if they don't make one.
I agree with many of your points. That said, Metroid should be in 2D, it just works.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'd prefer the next Metroid to be 2D.
but I wouldn't mind Metroid II to be remade with the Hunters engine

Why Metroid II and not another metroid game, like super metroid? Metroid II is considered as the weakest game in the series...

because metroid 2 was weakened by the platform, 4 colours, tiny resolution, combat focussed, it would work far far better on the DS and in 3D.

QUOTE(Rayder @ Oct 2 2007, 03:58 PM)I hated MPH. MPH had a lame single-player mode and I don't like playing games online. Not to mention that Metroid in 3D is a totally different game than Metroid in 2D. When they started the Prime series, they completely changed the genre of Metroid and I don't like FPS games, so naturally I hated the Prime series by default. Yes, yes, I know, you guys want to call the Prime series a first person adventure and not an FPS, but it's same difference to me.

2D Metroid is REAL Metroid. The Prime series was a bastardization of the Metroid series, IMO. They might be decent games in their own rite, and they are certainly a technical advancement over the 2D versions, but they don't exemplify what Metroid is to me; an action-platformer.

first, I want a 2D metroid more, but.

No.
Metroid prime is the second best game in the entire series, I seriously disregard anyone's opinion on the game if they still insist it's an FPS, it's not.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hated MPH.  MPH had a lame single-player mode and I don't like playing games online.  Not to mention that Metroid in 3D is a totally different game than Metroid in 2D.  When they started the Prime series, they completely changed the genre of Metroid and I don't like FPS games, so naturally I hated the Prime series by default.  Yes, yes, I know, you guys want to call the Prime series a first person adventure and not an FPS, but it's same difference to me.

2D Metroid is REAL Metroid.  The Prime series was a bastardization of the Metroid series, IMO.  They might be decent games in their own rite, and they are certainly a technical advancement over the 2D versions, but they don't exemplify what Metroid is to me; an action-platformer.

I agree with many of your points. That said, Metroid should be in 2D, it just works.

Fixed:
Metroid can be in 2D and 3D, it just works.

As I wrote before, they should leave 3D for Wii and 2D for DS. That said, I'm dying for a new 2D-Metroid. At least a new 2D-Castlevania was announced.

Regarding remakes of M2 and SM: SM is good as it is, if they do something with it, it should be a port to the DS. M2 is a different case. It should / could be remade for DS with upgraded visuals, better balanced gameplay and some new feautures (map on top screen, cause M2 really needs an in-game map).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: