Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the Gateway in Bryyo and I noticed that the music kept looping over and I can't access any other areas and when I access the map, the game completely freezes. Has anyone ever got that happening to them? What are some spots you have to be very careful of in order for the game not to freeze when using a backup?

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
I'm in the Gateway in Bryyo and I noticed that the music kept looping over and I can't access any other areas and when I access the map, the game completely freezes. Has anyone ever got that happening to them? What are some spots you have to be very careful of in order for the game not to freeze when using a backup?
I only had one freeze in space after Bryyo. With USB Loader there were no freezes and better loading times. I know that this may sound silly and you don't want to hear it, but maybe you have a bad burn?

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
Link5084 said:
I only had one freeze in space after Bryyo. With USB Loader there were no freezes and better loading times. I know that this may sound silly and you don't want to hear it, but maybe you have a bad burn?

I dont think so, I burned it at 4x.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
mousex said:
Link5084 said:

I dont think so, I burned it at 4x.

then it sounds like you dont have a problem, maybe try a newer rev Cios. Not sure though what the best rev is for the backup loader.

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weird, apparently whenever I try to access the map and leave it on for like 2 minutes and come back, the music loops over and over and gives me this problem

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Even burning at 4x can give problems there could be a micro scratch somewhere that you cant even see. Just burn a fresh copy and it will work. If not then you dled a bad rip and you should find a new one

Devvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djda said:
Even burning at 4x can give problems there could be a micro scratch somewhere that you cant even see. Just burn a fresh copy and it will work. If not then you dled a bad rip and you should find a new one
Or you ripped a bad rip.

thiagofera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Patch the ios of your game to 249 thenn try, it worked to me...
wink.gif

ineedhelpbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got bad burns for this game at all speeds 4x 8x 16x and disc types +r bitset -r but a new burn (or cleaning the disc) always fixed it up. i had a copy that would always freeze at this one particular door but a new copy fixed that.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
I had a similar "freeze" in the Pirate Homeworld Mining area, the music would loop and the doors wouldn't open, and I couldn't access the menu.
Very annoying, because I was just attempting a 100% speedrun, but I have played through Metroid Prime 3 numerous times on USB loader and it only happened once. Seems to happen randomly, but rarely, at least for me.

EDIT: I was always using USB loader, but the same problem happened to me. It might happen more often with disc-based loaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: