Hacking metroid other m

muffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i have got a retail copy of the above game which fine with wiiflow and usb hard drive but playing it from disc is another issue no matter what i have tried it just wont load up , i am useing verbatim dvd+r and the wii is 4.2e
cios 222 v4 hermes
mmm
cios x rev 20b
darkcorp 1.1
pimp my wii
prilloader
softchip r100
wad manager v1.7
wiiflow v2.0
homebrew 1.0.8 ios61 v22.29
neogamma r9 beta 44. cios70 rev 20 slot 249

i have also tried to take the update partation out of the game which made no difference , burned with imageburn with layer break of 2084960 still no luck , but no luck get error 1208
thanks

D

Deleted User

Nintendo_Chick said:
I don't understand, are you trying to play a retail disc or a backup?

he wants to play a backup

@topic: do you use the right layer break and is your drive able to read burned discs?

you said you use a verbatim dvd+r, do you have the book type set to dvd rom

muffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thankyou for your replys i have got a retail version of metroid the other m which i have made a copy of , i have searched around the net and understand that some people have had problems with this game but othwers have got the copy to work the layer break i used was 2084960 and i have never had any trouble with any other game apart from metroid trilogy in which i have now managed to get it to work but metroid the other m seems to be causeing problems , i have got 3 wii consols 2 are chipped and 1 is not the consol i am trying this game on is a chipped wii so i am a bit confused why it is not working and yet all 500 of my game are working i have even taken the update partation out of the game which made no difference i seem to get a error of 1208 thanks again for your replys

D

Deleted User

muffin said:
thankyou for your replys i have got a retail version of metroid the other m which i have made a copy of , i have searched around the net and understand that some people have had problems with this game but othwers have got the copy to work the layer break i used was 2084960 and i have never had any trouble with any other game apart from metroid trilogy in which i have now managed to get it to work but metroid the other m seems to be causeing problems , i have got 3 wii consols 2 are chipped and 1 is not the consol i am trying this game on is a chipped wii so i am a bit confused why it is not working and yet all 500 of my game are working i have even taken the update partation out of the game which made no difference i seem to get a error of 1208 thanks again for your replys

I am not sure but your modchip maybe need a firmware update to play it?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ollepoll said:
Nintendo_Chick said:

@topic: do you use the right layer break and is your drive able to read burned discs?

I also think either the drive is not able to read backups or the booktype was not set to DVD-R. I think over 90% of DL media is + media...

Also, install cIOS56rev20, using IOS70 as base doesn't make sense when playing games with it. With cIOS56rev20, take any disc out of the drive and let NeoGamma boot "the disc". If it only shows a read error and nothing else, it's a problem with the disc, so either the booktype is wrong or a bad burn. A wrong layer break should only cause problems when reading from the 2nd layer.

muffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
ollepoll said:
Nintendo_Chick said:

I also think either the drive is not able to read backups or the booktype was not set to DVD-R. I think over 90% of DL media is + media...

Also, install cIOS56rev20, using IOS70 as base doesn't make sense when playing games with it. With cIOS56rev20, take any disc out of the drive and let NeoGamma boot "the disc". If it only shows a read error and nothing else, it's a problem with the disc, so either the booktype is wrong or a bad burn. A wrong layer break should only cause problems when reading from the 2nd layer.
thankyou for your replys if the drive is unable to read backups then how come all my other games work fine even metroid trilogy , i am useing dvd+r and not dvd-r discs , are you adviceing me to install cIOS56rev20, using IOS70, and how do you let neogamma boot the disc , with booktype i have allways burnt games the same way and had no problems up untill now .. thanks

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You select boot disc. It can't work, but it's a simple way to trigger a read error. And on read error, NeoGamma checks if the drive is able to read DVD-Rs or not.

I guess all your SL discs are DVD-Rs? When using DVD+Rs, you need to set the booktype to DVD-R(dvd-rom), or your Wii won't be able to read them.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Is your Wii reading any dual layer discs? If not start by cleaning your laser.
I have never changed the booktype on any DVD+R DL discs I have MPT SSBB and MPOM and all work just fine

muffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thankyou for your replys my wii can read dual layer discs , apart from 1 disc all my others are dvd-r and not dvd+r , how do you set the booktype to DVD-R(dvd-rom)in imageburn? thankyou

this is weird what i have done is to put the new wii on which is 4.3e chipped it asked for a update to play the game , and what i have done is to burn 2 seperate discs 1 is a - disc and the other is a + disc , now when i put the - disc in it will load and then it will say it cannot read the disc so i put in the + disc without restarting the wii and then it carried on loading the game up and untill it said to put no 1 to start the game and then all i got was a black screen , i have now updated what it asked for and burned another dvd+r at x 4 with imageburn and it seems to work fine now well i have got through the intro and at the moment i am tring to climb a wall but why it does not seem to work on 4.2e chipped only on 4.3 chipped i dont know thanks

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went on a long spiel on how to change the book type , and then closed IE by accident (fuck ) anyway your problem maybe be with the layer break .... try this

LayerBreak=1913760
xxx.iso

where xxx is the name of the game your burning

stephanejob

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guys,
New to this Blog thing….so bare with me,
I usually use raw dump to make my back up images (ISO)
But Metroid Other M being a dual layer DVD it gives me an error message
What should I use to create the back up ISO image?
And than you guys seem to be talking about using Image burn to burn the back up copy right! Creating a note pad ISO file with the layer break and the name of the file on It.?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...