Metroid Other M question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thequass, Sep 5, 2010.

Sep 5, 2010

Metroid Other M question by thequass at 5:00 PM (1,239 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. thequass
    OP

Newcomer thequass Newbie

United States
    I now there are probably a bunch of these threads but the ones I've seen have gotten so long and full of people asking how to get past parts they are stuck at in the gameplay that it's hard to get anything out of reading it.

I've tried so many different combinations of versions and settings to get this to work and FINALLY I got past the baby cry. However shortly after, when you scan the symbol on the ship, it freezes with a "now loading" in the bottom corner of the screen and never does anything.

I believe that the first 2 versions of the game that I had were bad dumps even though it seemed that other people were able to get them working. The third one I got though is the one that got me past the baby cry.

The release of the game I have is "Metroid.Other.M.USA.REAL.PROPER.REPACK.WII-BiOSHOCK". I'm using cios rev17, hermes 223 with 37 and 38 merged, I used the usbloadergx installer to check the newest rev of that and it gave me 874, I'm using rev 866 if that matters.

Those are the only setting I've tried for this release but I've tried a bunch for the other 2 that I had.
    I've tried cIOSX rev20b, and rev 17 with the other 2. I've tried 249, 223, and 222. I tried using usbloadergx and cfgloader with any combo of settings I could think of.

The reason I haven't tried any other settings with the version of the iso that I have now is because I finally got past the baby cry and the opening sequence is getting tiring and I thought that maybe my issue now is something simple and hopefully just some setting that I need to change that WILL get me going and not turn into another trial and error mess that I had to do before.

One other thing my Error 002 is set to anti "default setting" not to yes, I thought I read that that setting didn't matter but could that be it?

2. FifaForLife

Newcomer FifaForLife Member

United Kingdom
    Try changing to yes, If that doesn't work then I cant help you no more [​IMG]

3. matguitarist

Member matguitarist GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    try to play the game in CFG USB loader or wiiflow with latest CIOS waninkoko or hermes should work

4. thequass
    OP

Newcomer thequass Newbie

United States
    well turning the error 002 fix to yes seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks

5. FifaForLife

Newcomer FifaForLife Member

United Kingdom
    No probs, just pm me if anything goes wrong.
    BTW, Anti would work on all other loaders (Neogamma, etc.) but that one has bugs for Metroid Other M if you set it to anti on USB Loader GX because Its a work In progress.