Metroid Other M DVD9 to DVD5 tutorial

What you need

Metroid Other M DVD9 iso
WiiScrubber
Replacement files ( http://www.mediafire.com/?974jyox9m63bexs )
7zip or a hex editor

1 - Open the dvd9 iso with wiiscrubber
2 - Extract dm59_cut43b ( Partition: 2 -> movie )
3 - Replace all the other sdf files with dm59_cut43b
3 - Replace the game.rel with the one in the pack ( Partition: 2 -> rel -> game.rel )
4 - Create a DVD5 iso file by copying the first 4'699'979'776 bytes of the DVD9 iso in a new file (you can use an hexadecimal editor, or 7-Zip for example).
5 - Burn it!

Tested with neogamma r9 beta 41 + cios 56 slot 249 rev20

If you're freezing at baby's cry, you can try running the dvd5 ver, then after baby's cry scene change back to dvd9, dunno if it will work

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
markehmus said:
W hat said:
Can someone take a screenshot from Wiiscrubber / WIT / your window manager of the files in the disc? Are the videos in a known (and convertible) format?
i found this
5cnb6.png

sfd files wasn't that one of those dreamcast movie filetypes where you could downsample the qualty of video to make it fit....

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep that was called dreamcast movie maker it would extract and encode to a lower bitrate/slash resolution to make the sfd files small enough
to fit the game to a disc... might work with these files also but i aint tryin i played metroid on a dl+r thru uloader on a external dvd burner
and it worked fine now playing the second mission back on the ship.....

hostein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Those sfd are the blocky/blurry ones, impossible to downsample in contrary to old dreamcast one (as gisel213 said).
There is no info about a good decodind method for this.
So for the moment, I think the only DVD5 possible release will be without the CG scenes.
But let the scene prove us it can do it... maybe.....

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:
All the hassle but it can be a lot easier...

Just get Wiiflow, put the game on the hd and play. Easy as pie. I quitted burning games long time ago...

Same, except I use CFG.

An HD is so much easier/simpler/cooler. Save all your disc money and buy an HD, no more discs required. (And it saves wear and tear on the laser)

Trace_hunter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ConJ said:
G0dLiKe said:

Just get Wiiflow, put the game on the hd and play. Easy as pie. I quitted burning games long time ago...

Same, except I use CFG.

An HD is so much easier/simpler/cooler. Save all your disc money and buy an HD, no more discs required. (And it saves wear and tear on the laser)

I would have done this had I not already burned about 10 games, spending money on cases and blank disks, it just seems pointless to buy a new hard drive now ¬_¬

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trace_hunter1 said:
ConJ said:
G0dLiKe said:

Same, except I use CFG.

I would have done this had I not already burned about 10 games, spending money on cases and blank disks, it just seems pointless to buy a new hard drive now ¬_¬

A USB drive is worth it. 1TB USB drive for $80-$90. A WII GAME IS $50-$60
ohmy.gif
Plus discs run at 3x and cost way more in the long run. USB FTW

MENTALDOMINANCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACTUALLY - I have been waiting for a DVD 5 rip for this game because it will actually make the game PLAYABLE!
The fucking cgi sequences ruin the game. You can't abort them, they're totally fucking gay and a waste of space,
etc. - I hate it when companies do all this elaborate cgi crap for what is supposed to be an old school style game.
Many modern games suck because they have become inundated with bloat - they worry about everything BUT the
actual gameplay. Even in the Amiga days I hated companies like Cinemaware which basically just hobbled together
a bunch of animations and then, as an afterthought, linked them together with a crappy game.

SO - Make a DVD 5 and pirate Metroid Other M! Why? Because the pirated version is better than the bought version!
You won't have to wait through the CGI and you will actually be able to play through the ACTUAL game rather than
be bogged down with un-skippable crappy cartoons that no one gives a fuck about.

Companies need to learn. Having unskippable CGI is unexcuseable, especially to the extent of Metroid Other M.
For me, it ruined the game and made it unplayable. I actually might play it now that the CGI is gone.

I do not want a "storyline" any deeper than "tell me who I am, what to shoot, and where to get health and weapons."
If I wanted to devote my life to role-playing like crap I would play role playing games.
Metroid is supposed to be OLD SCHOOL. OLD SCHOOL = Arcade, not "get into the story".

Also why wait for a release? This topic has simple instructions for doing the rip yourself.

P.S. - Haven't read the tutorial yet but there are 2 ways of doing it:
Crosslink the files or make small dummy files.
The easiest way is to just find the index in the code where it points to all the
different files and change all them to point to the same file, then make that
file a 1 second animation that says "HORRAY! You don't have to wait! Back to the game!"

oscarj08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
i guess is better to play dvd9 + wii lens cleaner because the game is not the same without videos and i have neogamma r9 beta 44 cios 20 based 37 3.2U no modchip burned on a DL+R and perfect withot babys cry glitch and anything else just perfect.

cr1st1an360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sil- said:
What you need

Metroid Other M DVD9 iso
WiiScrubber
Replacement files ( http://www.mediafire.com/?974jyox9m63bexs )
7zip or a hex editor

1 - Open the dvd9 iso with wiiscrubber
2 - Extract dm59_cut43b ( Partition: 2 -> movie )
3 - Replace all the other sdf files with dm59_cut43b
3 - Replace the game.rel with the one in the pack ( Partition: 2 -> rel -> game.rel )
4 - Create a DVD5 iso file by copying the first 4'699'979'776 bytes of the DVD9 iso in a new file (you can use an hexadecimal editor, or 7-Zip for example).
5 - Burn it!

Tested with neogamma r9 beta 41 + cios 56 slot 249 rev20

If you're freezing at baby's cry, you can try running the dvd5 ver, then after baby's cry scene change back to dvd9, dunno if it will work

could you re upload that file please really could us it been waithing a while thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...