Metroid: Other M Disc Read Error on start

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by temp4746, Sep 8, 2010.

Sep 8, 2010
  1. temp4746
    OP

Newcomer temp4746 Advanced Member

Israel
    I'm trying to play Metroid: Other M on my Wii.
    My wii was modded by a modder, he put in neogamma rev 9 and cios rev 19 (That what I can getter from the NeoGamma menu)
    When I'm trying to play it I get a Disc Read Error before the game even starts (Right after loading it with NeoGamma)
    Ive burned it at 4x on some TEAC dvd+r dl I had with the layer break set to 2084960 using imgburn.
    I'm not sure exactly which iso release is this (it says WiiReD or something)

Everything else works fine on my Wii.
    Including brawl which was burned on the same type of DVD.

2. DJ91990

Member DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

United States
    You should go to walmart and get an 8 or 24GB USB Thumb Drive and just place your Wii Image files on the USB Thumb Drive and use a USB Backup Launcher, I heard those work better. Also, if you use a USB Thumb Drive you can find out first hand if a Dump works and not waste a DVD.

It could be possible that you downloaded the wrong dump of the game, there are what, like 5 different dumps of the game, some confirmed not to be working. I wish somebody would post what ones work under what conditions and what ones do not work as to clear the smoke of confusion that has been going around lately.

3. temp4746
    OP

Israel
    I think NeoGamma should be able to do usb loading, at least enough to be able to test this...
    But I think you need to create a WBFS partition and then place the game in it... whats the best way to do this?

4. deesto

Newcomer deesto Member

United States
    Yes, that would be nice. The version I just tried via USB comes up with the disc error just after finishing the first tutorial, which is frustrating since you have to sit through about 5 minutes of video and then run through the tutorial again.

5. deesto

Newcomer deesto Member

United States
  6. temp4746
    OP

Israel
    It's been a long time since I got to try this again and this crap still isn't working.
    Ive updated my softmods to the latest using ModMii and also have DarkCorp 1.1 and NeoGamma R9 Beta 50
    The game appears on the Disc Channel and NeoGamma can load it but both give me a disc read error on a black screen after loading.
    I guess I can use USB loading to test it once I have access to a USB Drive later.

The funny thing is I was able to get it to boot with the Dolphin Emualtor from the burned DVD disc. Of course it runs slow as hell. and I only did this to check my burn.

I burned it on a TEAC dvd+r dl the same that I burned brawl on which fully works although the videos skip a bit now compared to my previous hard modded Wii, maybe because the disc is scratched quite a bit.

7. brausm08

Member brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    +1 to USB loading (it's far superior), otherwise....have you tried cleaning the optical drive? once drives start to get mucked up, DL reads are the first to go....the fact that SSBB plays, but has skipping issues and M:OM doesn't could mean it's right on the fringe. there are drive cleaner kits (official Ninty ones, or ebay has 'after market' ones)..... youtube has some decent visual guides for this if needed....

...a buddy of mine had the same problem when he was trying to play movies in WiiMC/MplayerCE: movies on SL discs worked fine, DL movies caused lockups....cleaning solved his problems....

hope this helps.... give it a try and report back.

8. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    I bought my copy for 10 euro NEW.

Waste of money ( bad metroid game ) but purely for collection purposes.