Hacking Metroid metal via Riivolution

omarzuqo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, is it already possible to change the metroid prime trilogy music for metroid metal tracks, or should I wait for someone to make a patch template? (BTW, I'm new to riivolution)

darkly77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, if the Metroid Prime Trilogy music is in a format you can work with (like brstm). If it is, you can convert the Metroid Metal tracks to brstm format and patch the game's files with them. You would need an ISO or list of the discs contents to find that out the format and track names though. Once you've got the music all ready to use in Riivolution, it's dead simple.

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are many games that use the .brstm format. Such as Fatal Frame IV, Castlevania Judgment, SSBB, and so on. So try WiiXplorer(Available on the Homebrew Browser) to check the files on your disc. If they are .brstm files, you can then use BCSM-GUI 1.5 to encode .mp3 files to .brstm and replace the ones you want.
Edit: Actually it seems it uses .dsp files. But I think there are converters for it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wonder if Riivolution still works after the IOS Reload. I wouldn't be surprised if the single games from Metroid Prime Triology, don't work with Riivolution. They should work, but not with replaced files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F