Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
a year of 1 / 2 ago there was a rumor named metroid dread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0DZ9Q2o_KI
while it ever be released by nintendo/retro gamers or is it abandoned?
what happend to the game?
haven't you never thinked if the game really exist? or if nintendo have worked on it an left the game because of metroid prime hunters?
can someone answer this question?

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
I really don't want it to get abandoned
frown.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the rumors of dread. taking place a few months after fusion. Samus having to deal with the after effects of gaining X-parasite and Metroid genies. Learning she may die w/o a way to remove both these genies from her body or worse turn into a horrible monster.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only question to ask is why cancel/delay the making of a game from such a series? It's not like they didn't have the money.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
coolness said:
a year of 1 / 2 ago there was a rumor named metroid dread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0DZ9Q2o_KI
while it ever be released by nintendo/retro gamers or is it abandoned?
what happend to the game?
haven't you never thinked if the game really exist? or if nintendo have worked on it an left the game because of metroid prime hunters?
can someone answer this question?

year and a half? It's been a lot longer than that.

Juanmatron said:
Why talk about Metroid? It’s a dead series now. Time to go.
HAHAHA trolling fail.

how_do_i_do_that said:
Rumor started back in 2004, it is now 2011. That is a 7 year period, in game development terms, it is called vaporware. Until it gets released it is still defined as vaporware.

It was never confirmed in the first place, it's a rumor. You can't call rumors vaporware when they haven't been confirmed at all.

QUOTE(TheDarkSeed @ Apr 4 2011, 12:37 AM)
The only question to ask is why cancel/delay the making of a game from such a series? It's not like they didn't have the money.

They didn't cancel or delay because it was never confirmed to exist in the first place. It's all rumors.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's ignorant of Nintendo not to have made a 2D Metroid for the DS. It could have been a turd with Metroid written on the side and it would have sold. Look at the reception Monster Tale got and that game couldn't touch Fusion with a 10-foot pole.

Personally, I consider the Prime series an abomination of what Metroid is. In my eyes, the FPS Metroid games will never touch the awesomeness of the 2D side-scrolling versions.

My being an extreme retro gamer makes me biased though.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Metroid Prime was good, it focused more on adventure (as it should). Metroid Prime 2 and 3 however, were... well, it's hard to consider them anything BUT FPS games.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rayder said:
Personally, I consider the Prime series an abomination of what Metroid is. In my eyes, the FPS Metroid games will never touch the awesomeness of the 2D side-scrolling versions.

Exactly my thought.

It would have been so great, to see a proper Metroid game on DS, instead of this Prime Hunters shit.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SignZ said:
Rayder said:

Exactly my thought.

It would have been so great, to see a proper Metroid game on DS, instead of this Prime Hunters shit.

Looks lie we're all on the same train.

I mean Prime wasn't a bad game but the backtracking just felt rather tedious instead of exciting like it did in older Metroid games. Instead of getting a new ability and being like "WOW, I CAN GO HERE NOW!" it felt more like "Fuck, now I have to go all the way back there...". I don't know why, it just did.

And don't get my started on Hunters, that game was bad. Instead of giving DS owners a 2D Metroid game like they fucking deserved, they shoehorned in the Prime design and it controlled poorly and overall was just poorly designed. Luckily the Castlevania games (at least Dawn of Sorrow if you're a super nitpick on Castlevania) came to the DS pretty much as good as it was in Symphony of the Night.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
SignZ said:
Rayder said:

Exactly my thought.

Looks lie we're all on the same train.

I mean Prime wasn't a bad game but the backtracking just felt rather tedious instead of exciting like it did in older Metroid games. Instead of getting a new ability and being like "WOW, I CAN GO HERE NOW!" it felt more like "Fuck, now I have to go all the way back there...". I don't know why, it just did.
And don't get my started on Hunters, that game was bad. Instead of giving DS owners a 2D Metroid game like they fucking deserved, they shoehorned in the Prime design and it controlled poorly and overall was just poorly designed. Luckily the Castlevania games (at least Dawn of Sorrow if you're a super nitpick on Castlevania) came to the DS pretty much as good as it was in Symphony of the Night.

You have to take time for ALL metroid games. Backtracking is HUGE part of it. What are you talking about? Metroid is supposed to be an action adventure.
Or are you one of the guys that actually liked Metroid other M?

The prime trilogy is one of the greatest achievement in gaming history.
The artwork level of detail, and pure metroid loving imagination that went into the game is mind boggling.
On the tecnical side it's also worth a mention. No visible loading times, Massive worlds, the total ambiance, incredible smart level design, compelling gameplay. Very few games have that.
Put it in perspective with the limited harware of the time, and Well you can figure it out yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a hardcore metroid fan too and I also loe everything about the 2d metroids but, Prime sets the BAR so incredibly high. There's nothing not to like in Mho.
Just give in to the game, and get immersed in the worlds of tallonV, Eather and the MP3 planets. Finish it and replay the Trilogy. I'm doing it now and it's AWESOME. Even after all those years it feels like coming home.....

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
You have to take time for ALL metroid games. Backtracking is HUGE part of it. What are you talking about? Metroid is supposed to be an action adventure.
Or are you one of the guys that actually liked Metroid other M?

The prime trilogy is one of the greatest achievement in gaming history.
The artwork level of detail, and pure metroid loving imagination that went into the game is mind boggling.
On the tecnical side it's also worth a mention. No visible loading times, Massive worlds, the total ambiance, incredible smart level design, compelling gameplay. Very few games have that.
Put it in perspective with the limited harware of the time, and Well you can figure it out yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a hardcore metroid fan too and I also loe everything about the 2d metroids but, Prime sets the BAR so incredibly high. There's nothing not to like in Mho.
Just give in to the game, and get immersed in the worlds of tallonV, Eather and the MP3 planets. Finish it and replay the Trilogy. I'm doing it now and it's AWESOME. Even after all those years it feels like coming home.....

This. The Prime series is one of my favorite games/series of all time. Like many, I was sceptical when it was announced the series was going 3d, but the second I picked up the gamecube controller all those fears were gone. I still remember being like a kid before christmas when I had to wait for both the ds launch and metroid prime 2, which came out around the same time.

QUOTEPersonally, I consider the Prime series an abomination of what Metroid is. In my eyes, the FPS Metroid games will never touch the awesomeness of the 2D side-scrolling versions.

You want an abomination of Metroid? Look no farther than Other M. To me that game was a HUGE letdown. I see Hielkenator touched on that in his post too. Good to see someone who agrees with me on both points, I have seen a lot of Prime hate lately which wasn't there when the games were released, and that confuses me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh