Metroid 25th Anniversary Present!

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice gift but a new game in dev would have been better, ah well! Fusion is a great installement anyway, lucky Ambassador ppl!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude get the fuck out of here! That's fucking dope! Netting fusion is pssibly my favorite Metroid game, if not it's damn close in second behind Prime. I'm seriously hoping that by the end of the year, they'll have Metroid posters in the club nintendo shop. Even though they came out with the Donkey Kong ones.

Omg I have to blog about something Che sure to read it guys. Some of you might be a but freaked out!

D

Deleted User

ShadowSoldier said:
Dude get the fuck out of here! That's fucking dope! Netting fusion is pssibly my favorite Metroid game, if not it's damn close in second behind Prime. I'm seriously hoping that by the end of the year, they'll have Metroid posters in the club nintendo shop. Even though they came out with the Donkey Kong ones.

Omg I have to blog about something Che sure to read it guys. Some of you might be a but freaked out!
Super>prime> fusion> imo All 10/10 games

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
what are you guys saying that this is not early? of course it is!

don't you guys remember from the announcement they made on the ambassador program? GBA VC titles are supposed to come "at the end of the year". getting Metroid Fusion on August 8/11 is definitely early, and definitely NOT end of the year. else why would they say to get it on 8/11 if it's not gonna be available by then?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
So to make fans think they haven't forgotten about the 25th Anniversary, they shove a GBA game onto the eShop and the Ambassador Program.

Lazy Nintendo is lazy.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
So tomorrow we are getting Metroid Fusion, as part of the 25th Anniversary Celebration, sweet.

It did say "to get" so it definitely means you'll get it tomorrow. If not, then Nintendo needs to learn how to tweet.
wink.gif

@prowler - If nothing has been announced to celebrate the milestone, doesn't mean they AREN'T doing anything. -.- Wait for afew days if you will?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
SamAsh07 said:
Wait for afew days if you will?
No.
Nintendo are already saying what they're doing for Zelda, a measly Tweet is nothing. ?('?`?)?

At least they aren't going the Capcom route and ignoring Metroid altogether, I just think they should do a bit more.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
prowler_ said:
SamAsh07 said:
Wait for afew days if you will?
No.
Nintendo are already saying what they're doing for Zelda, a measly Tweet is nothing. ?('?`?)?

At least they aren't going the Capcom route and ignoring Metroid altogether, I just think they should do a bit more.
Maybe a Metroid 3DS game announcement?
wink.gif

What CAN they do? Concert like Zelda? Movie? Webseries?

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Effff NO!!!!!

If it is 8 am in EDT
and its 8 pm in Philippines
then 11:59 pm in EDT
would be 11:59 am in Philippines.
NOOO!!!, by 11:59 am, I'll still be at school

Any tips on how I can get metroid?
-----Please, no "do not go to school" replies----
frown.gif

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nintendoom said:
Effff NO!!!!!

If it is 8 am in EDT
and its 8 pm in Philippines
then 11:59 pm in EDT
would be 11:59 am in Philippines.
NOOO!!!, by 11:59 am, I'll still be at school

Any tips on how I can get metroid?
-----Please, no "do not go to school" replies----
frown.gif
I'm pretty sure it's not going to be available tomorrow. People just keep making assumptions that it will, even though it wasn't stated or even really implied that it was going to be released tomorrow. They just said you had to connect to the Nintendo eShop by 11:59pm tomorrow to get it, but they didn't state or imply when you will get it. It's pretty much the same statement they gave regarding the ambassador program as a whole and we know that the other 19 games aren't coming tomorrow. So really you don't need to worry about it. edit: The message from the official Nintendo 3DS Facebook page Ikki posted earlier explains it better that the tweet:This month marks the 25th anniversary of the Metroid franchise. Happy birthday to Samus! As part of the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program, don't forget to connect your Nintendo 3DS to the Nintendo eShop by 11:59 p.m. ET on Aug. 11 to get Metroid Fusion and 19 more free games as a big thank-you for your loyalty.[/p]

And even if it was being released tomorrow couldn't you just wait til you got home? Or are you one of those people who has to be one of the first to get things as though that makes you "cool" or something?

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
@nintendoom: chances are, this thing is gonna be on eShop on August 12, local time, at the soonest. you do know that NA are used to announcing stuff like this in their time zone, right? and besides, it's not like it'll disappear, you can just get it later.

@deathstrudel: then in that case, Nintendo should learn to tweet better.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They couldn't even just reissue the Metroid Prime Trilogy?

Odds are they'd be releasing Fusion as part of the Ambassador program anyway, with the anniversary on this date they can just say it's part of the "Anniversary celebration" instead and get that off their chest.

CortalRage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember right, 11th is the last day to become an Ambassador. That doesn't mean the games are coming out that day. It could still be the end of the year when the games come in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1