Hacking Metoid Other M Baby's Cry freeze LAST THREAD

MrEdgeworth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of weird, mine's the IND version and it still Freeze after the tutorial.
frown.gif

therooke

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MrEdgeworth said:
Kind of weird, mine's the IND version and it still Freeze after the tutorial.
frown.gif
Now I feel like a jerk. I'll look into it when I get home. This was the only thing that worked for me tho. Sorry
oh. And it both versions worked this way for me. Did you delete you loader first then reinstall

Jarutais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did all the stuff therooke said but still freezes at the Baby's Cry movie... I think the wiitard's release has no solution
frown.gif

Can someone upload a Save file past the baby's cry moment? Maybe it would make it work

sexconker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Ultra Pro Tip:

Nothing worked for me until I stopped being lazy and DELETED THE UPDATE PARTITION.
Now it works FINE. Configurable USB Loader 58 release, FAT32, 249 rev 20, IND release.

If you have a "scrubbed" release, you may still have the update partition!
Scrubbing is NOT the same as removing the update partition.
The IND release has the update partition.
Remove it and try again.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jarutais said:
I did all the stuff therooke said but still freezes at the Baby's Cry movie... I think the wiitard's release has no solution
frown.gif

Can someone upload a Save file past the baby's cry moment? Maybe it would make it work
It would probably crash at the next cutscene.

BreadMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sexconker said:
Super Ultra Pro Tip:

Nothing worked for me until I stopped being lazy and DELETED THE UPDATE PARTITION.
Now it works FINE. Configurable USB Loader 58 release, FAT32, 249 rev 20, IND release.

If you have a "scrubbed" release, you may still have the update partition!
Scrubbing is NOT the same as removing the update partition.
The IND release has the update partition.
Remove it and try again.
How would I go about doing this? In WiiScrubber, I see one partition: DATA, yet the game still doesn't run past Baby's Cry cutscene.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
1) No
2) WBFS
3) cIOS249 rev17 on IOS36
4) CFG USB Loader v56, WiiFlow 2.1
5) Probably iND release.
6) No, but I believe it was removed with the release, or when it was transferred to WBFS drive.
7) No problem at all.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes
2. Retail copy disc
3. IOS 249 (rev 14)
4. NeoGamma R9 Beta 44
5. wat
6. wat
7. Just told me to eject the disc and try again.

sexconker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BreadMaster said:
How would I go about doing this? In WiiScrubber, I see one partition: DATA, yet the game still doesn't run past Baby's Cry cutscene.

Use the IND release, not the Wiitard / Wiitard proper release.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daizu said:
1. Yes
2. Retail copy disc
3. IOS 249 (rev 14)
4. NeoGamma R9 Beta 44
5. wat
6. wat
7. Just told me to eject the disc and try again.

Nevermind, I got it to work. Dunno if it was posted in the thread earlier or not but here's what I did: Install Preloader (PREloader, not Priiloader. There's a difference between the two) ver. 0.30. Next, restart your Wii, and as it's restarting, hold the Reset button to bring up the Preloader menu. From there, disable the menu update thingy so you can play Other M from the disc channel. It should go past the Baby's Cry cutscene after that. This is for the retail version ONLY. Again, sorry if this was posted earlier. Hope it helps.

yatesl

Trophies
XP
Country
1. None so far.
2. FAT32.
3. Hermes 222 v4
4. CFG Loader 58a-222
5. The first nuked release.
6. Yes, via [html=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188295]Wii Backup Manager[/html]
7. N/A

As many people have pointed out, it seems to be to do with the second nuked release, and not removing the update partition (even though it's apparently scrubbed out).

therooke

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just did another wii using the same method i posted before and it worked great again with the first two versions, wiitard and ind. So i dont know why it doesnt work for other ppl.

Jarutais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a "solution" for the Wiitard's Proper Release that always freezes at Baby's Cry movie...

Just as i tought, i downloaded a Metroid Other M Game Save that has a beaten game file... By doing so now you can start a game skiping movies... I skipped the baby's cry movie and the game went on... Then it crashed in the midle of the REMEMBAH ME movie.. then i tried again and skipped it too... Well it works, all you have to do is skip stuff

Not even close to be a good way to play the game, but at least its a solution for those stuck with the Wiitard's release that are freaking out to play the game...

Got the save file on WiiSave.com

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those who have the ridley scene freeze

i believe the source of this problem is wii backup manager and wii game manager, more specifically the older versions of wbfs_file they appear to use. i used the wbfs_file from cfgloader page manually and i was finally able to get past the freeze. http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downlo...mp;can=2&q=

i swear i tried 2 different releases, other_m.rar and the new bioshock proper release, tried different revisions of config loader, usbgx, and wiiflow, tried every combination of hermes v4 and v5 as well as all wanins cios v17-20, all resulting in same freeze.

note: i did not remove the update partition when using wbfs_file manually, so my R3OE01.wbf1 file is a few hundred megs bigger than the ones created with previously mentioned wbfs managers, however i believe the problem is with older wbfs_file.exe. already spent lots of time trying to fix this so its possible the update partition was the problem, but im of the opinion it was the outdated wbfs_file.exe. maybe someone else who has this problem and uses this fix can confirm.

hope this saves someone of going through all the trouble i did

Helix94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got past the Baby's Cry video by deleting the Update partition. I'm hoping there is no Ridley freeze. If there is, I'm banking on the above poster's method.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Edit: Several people blame the WiiTARD release for this issue. So please double check which release you are using.

In order to find out what's going on, we need more information, so i want this from everybody:
1. Did it freeze for you at the Baby's Cry Cutscene? If it freezed on other cutscene, please describe it here.
2. Which filesystem did you use? Or did you use a disc?
3. Which cIOS did you try? Please only post the cIOS your loader actually used. There's no point in writing about Hermes and Waninkoko in CFG for example, if you have both installed, but don't tell CFG correctly to use the one or the other.
4. Which loader did you use? Which revision?
5. Which release did you use?
6. Did you remove the update partition manually? If yes, how?
7. Please describe the issue: Does it with the picture on screen? Black screen? "An error occurred"?

Thanks.
1. Yes
2. FAT32
3. cfgUSB Loader v58b2-222
4. config USB Loader v58b2-222 (defaults to hermes cIOS 222)
5. Yes, WiiTard
6. No
7. freezes on the closeup of Samus on screen.

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.no
2.wbfs
3.cios57 rev20b
4. wiiflow r137
5.not sure which release
6.no
7. no issues

game worked just fine for me in wiiflow although it runs in widescreen for me which looks kinda ugly on my 4:3 tv

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show