machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
Guild McCommunist said:
EDIT: "yet another nail in the coffin" =/= "Last nail in the coffin".

Yeah, I caught that a minute after I posted.

Anyway, I agree that things look bleak for the 3DS and some of the things people have said are basically just excuses to cover for Nintendo, but to say that something like this is another nail in the coffin is a bit stupid since the game wasn't cancelled, this is just a rumor as of now, and the Metal Gear series hasn't been a major money earner for Nintendo since the Gamecube days so it doesn't matter very much to begin with.
I don't see why people are making excuses or saying it's the end, anyway. So far nothing bad has happened for the 3DS, and definitely nothing fatal. People are just being overly dramatic, it's just the beginning the way I see it.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Every new first party game brings in new players. Once Mario Kart hits sales will be much better.

Nintendo made a huge mistake not launching with a "New" Mario title.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
luminalace said:
Once Mario Kart hits sales will be much better.
That's what people said about Zelda.
Except one was a lazy remake, the other's a new game from an amazingly well selling series for the DS.
Not to mention a possible Mario Red 3DS...

Yeah, I'm talking about the console. Like the Flare Red one.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda reminds me of what happened to the Sega Saturn...
Now this isnt the same kind of "oh did we mention that SS is going to be out next week" surprise,
but its disconcerting to have 3rd party members backing up dates.

Personally im still waiting for a "lite" version. You crazy tempers can work out all the bugs and ill get the 2nd one haha

But hey maybe this is ok. The Playstation consoles never start strong. They start very slow and then pick up steam as they go.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BortzANATOR said:
Now this isnt the same kind of "oh did we mention that SS is going to be out next week" surprise,

Personally im still waiting for a "lite" version. You crazy tempers can work out all the bugs and ill get the 2nd one haha

But hey maybe this is ok. The Playstation consoles never start strong. They start very slow and then pick up steam as they go.

Not this time I think? They got Uncharted, Virtua Tennis 4, Modnation Racers, Wipeout 2048 and LittleBigPlanet.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
we know who to blame for this :

LIQUID!

BortzANATOR said:

all trashy posts aside..I am waiting for a fixed version of what the 3DS should have been...

plus i'm broke and have no damn money
rofl2.gif

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Otacon or even Huey would have never let this happen...

Either way now I can breath a sigh of relief knowing thats one less game I wont be swamped with this fall/winter...

I mean we got Resistance 3, RE4 HD, MGS HD, MW3, BF3, Halo HD (if I get an xbox by then),Sonic Generations, LoZ: Skyward Sword, and more I cant even remember.

On another MGS related note it seems that they will be marketing Peace Walker HD separately from the MGS HD collection

As seen here and here

Nvm thats for japan only

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
BortzANATOR said:

Not this time I think? They got Uncharted, Virtua Tennis 4, Modnation Racers, Wipeout 2048 and LittleBigPlanet.

That's assuming they won't get delayed in such a manner as we've seen with the 3DS. Those aren't for a Nintendo product, but that doesn't make them invulnerable to delays either.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, another one delayed. What a bad thing for those that wanted to get it, I was interested in it some time ago, but after watching how "unstable" it was I think I'll get the HD Collection for PS3.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The game looked rather unfinished and you could really see that they didn`t work on it for a very long time so I think it is good if they take their time with it...

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well with how much complaining Kojima has been doin recently about how big the game is and if it will fit on the cart given i don't blame them for delaying the game. i say let them. it will be worth the wait.

tianeloso1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone is taking this like a bad thing when its a great thing
We will other games on the way to bare the wait and Konami is just fixing the issues with the games ppl would be even more mad if we got it early ppl would start complaining on the frame-rate (in the demo they said it was bad) . Also If they wanted the game to sell well i dont know why they released the HD collection in the same time i mean people would most likely go for the collection but im looking forward to thhe 3DS version i mean that yoshi whats up with that?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
tianeloso1 said:
Everyone is taking this like a bad thing when its a great thing
We will other games on the way to bare the wait and Konami is just fixing the issues with the games ppl would be even more mad if we got it early ppl would start complaining on the frame-rate (in the demo they said it was bad) . Also If they wanted the game to sell well i dont know why they released the HD collection in the same time i mean people would most likely go for the collection but im looking forward to thhe 3DS version i mean that yoshi whats up with that?

When people hear about a possible delay on a Zelda game, they have no problem because they understand the benefit that a delay can bring.
However, those same people may feel negative when some other game (like MGS here) receives a delay even when people see it needs more tuning.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
So far nothing bad has happened for the 3DS, and definitely nothing fatal. People are just being overly dramatic, it's just the beginning the way I see it.

Finally someone with at least a half a brain in his head.

It's hard not to laugh at the ones that think a Nintendo handheld is going to do poorly overall just because of a few less than stellar months at the beginning of the handhelds life.

"Last nail in the coffin"...please...

QUOTEReason: Thanks for the useless comment again -Guild

Funny

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS has had a really rocky start. Once Christmas time rolls around, sales will inevitably pick up (assuming that nothing for Q4 gets delayed). If, by some fluke, sales don't pick up at that point, the handheld is doomed to a life of mediocrity. Of course, right when the 3DS is going to be set to flourish, the PSV will be coming out. It has already impressed an amazing amount of people, so who knows what may happen.

Regardless, nobody will know much of anything until holiday season this year.

As for the delay, good. The initial presentation was really rocky, and people were starting to become really disappointed as more and more lackluster details emerged. Hopefully this time is taken to create a stellar product.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries