Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
YfcWH.jpg

QUOTE said:
The 3DS doesn’t seem to be having any luck in it’s first quarter of it’s life-span. Already several 3DS titles have been delayed until 2012 and now one of the biggest anticipated titles may also be joining them.

According to GoNintendo, a French representative of the Japanese publisher, said the game will not be releasing in 2011 in the US or UK. Konami have now stated: “We have not announced MGS 3DS North American shipdate yet,” So we shall have to wait and see if this unfortunate rumour is true.

http://www.push-start.co.uk/all/video-game...d-to-be-delayed

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Eh, they could still need time to optimize it.
I read that the e3 Demo had a pretty crappy framerate, so there's that.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
WOW Nintendo just cannot get their shit together. I pray this is not true. The 3DS needs this game if Nintendo wants the handheld to sell well.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
@Frogman
It's a remake of the game with well received elements from the MGS series in general incorporated, along with Subsistence's improved camera and probably a few extras like they did with Twin Snakes. Not a straight port per say

@Jockel
That demo was non-interactive and completed in three months. I'm pretty sure there's no lingering issues from a 1+ year old game demo

Edit:
@Hyro-Sama
You are aware this has nothing to do with Nintendo, right?

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Midna said:
@Jockel
That demo was non-interactive and completed in three months. I'm pretty sure there's no lingering issues from a 1+ year old game demohat demo
You're thinking about the first demo. IIRC there was a second one, in playable form.
I could be wrong, though.

ganesh2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There have been LOTS of games delayed on the original DS, and they were best than we expected:

DQ IX
It's a wonderful world
etc...

I know there were more...

Don't be afraid, even if it is delayed, Kojima will put all his efforts in this game.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You should've stated the word "RUMOUR" in title too, I'll just wait for an official statement before saying anything.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The videos by Kojima Productions show that this game has horrible framerate issues. Maybe they want to polish it?

I would want a better polished game than one which is released earlier and suffers from very obvious issues

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Another nail in the coffin"? Is that a joke? The major Nintendo titles haven't even come out yet. Once games like Super Mario and Star Fox hit the streets, the 3DS will sell like hotcakes. I do agree it hasn't sold as well as past Nintendo systems, but I highly doubt Nintendo is in any danger of losing their pull in the market just because it hasn't sold very well the past few months. Give it time.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyro-Sama said:
WOW Nintendo just cannot get their shit together. I pray this is not true. The 3DS needs this game if Nintendo wants the handheld to sell well.

Not a Nintendo game.

I still think this game is absolutely retarded. If you excuse me, I'll buy the HD Collection and not get nearly as ripped off.

QUOTE(Tonitonichopchop @ Jul 27 2011, 01:17 PM) "Last nail in the coffin"? Is that a joke? The major Nintendo titles haven't even come out yet. Once games like Super Mario and Star Fox hit the streets, the 3DS will sell like hotcakes. I do agree it hasn't sold as well as past Nintendo systems, but I highly doubt Nintendo is in any danger of losing their pull in the market just because it hasn't sold very well the past few months. Give it time.

Where's that third party support? Oh yeah, that's delayed too.

The excuse I always hear is just "be patient!" The system came out 4 months ago and it's completely worthless. It's a complete joke, however.

Star Fox 64 hit the streets and you know what made the 3DS sell that week? A new color. Star Fox debuted at #6. Ocarina of Time bumped the 3DS for a single week then it went right back to its normal spot. At this point I'm wondering if even Nintendo first parties are gonna save it.

I'm not gonna give it time if they're not gonna give it back.

EDIT: "yet another nail in the coffin" =/= "Last nail in the coffin".

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@Guild you are right on the HD collection part. But is it possible not to mention it in this news page? Threads kinda get off-topic.

As for the 'Nintendo lost it's ground', carry on. Personally I don't really think first parties may effectively improve sales.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It is suicide to launch Metal Gear Solid 3D at the same time that titles like Mario Kart, Kid Icarus and Super Mario 3D.

Even more now that MGS3D just became a port and not a remake as shown by the tech demo from E3 2010.

To make matters worse, Konami will release MGS3 along with two other games in HD in the same period.
Konami is stupid, but not that stupid.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
EDIT: "yet another nail in the coffin" =/= "Last nail in the coffin".

Yeah, I caught that a minute after I posted.

Anyway, I agree that things look bleak for the 3DS and some of the things people have said are basically just excuses to cover for Nintendo, but to say that something like this is another nail in the coffin is a bit stupid since the game wasn't cancelled, this is just a rumor as of now, and the Metal Gear series hasn't been a major money earner for Nintendo since the Gamecube days so it doesn't matter very much to begin with.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And yet another of Nintendo's "Launch Titles" is delayed.

Metroid Prime: Hunters, anyone? One of those games that came out "Reeeally Late" compared to the original schedule... XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn