Meta Knight is officially banned in North America!

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
1234turtles said:
I dont get the whole melee is so much than brawl, what makes melee better?
Melee has faster gameplay, and doesn't have all the crap introduced in Brawl. This is just what I've heard, and I forget what "crap" people have said, but I'm assuming it's simple gameplay mechanics like wave dashing or whatever.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1234turtles said:

Because Brawl is on the Wii and everyone was used to Melee
tongue.gif

No I think it is the high gravity in Melee. Also no Dragoon and Smah Ball which I personally hate with heart and soul.

ShadowLink92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always use Meta Knight, but now that I see this, I think people are just haters or just don't know how to use him correctly

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowLink92 said:
I always use Meta Knight, but now that I see this, I think people are just haters or just don't know how to use him correctly
You could be half-way decent with Meta Knight and completely shutdown most people. I played a half-decent MK, and I stopped using him in favour of Pit. Not because I didn't like him, but because he's OPed. I hate OP things, and I refuse to abuse such oversights. One of the very reasons I don't play with some guns on MW2. Unless I want to prove a point, skillful stuff is more fun.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1234turtles said:

Watch a high level gameplay of Melee and then watch a high level gameplay of Brawl. You tell me what makes Melee better.

Oh, and this:

[youtube]mYgopUL8kk8[/youtube]

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While I completely agree with you Anakir, it's difficult for people to discern the major differences between the two unless they actually play at a competitive level.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brawl has more maps, more characters, better single player, better music, and more features than Melee.

If you're going to try and talk about the fighting "nuisances" of Melee making it better, then you're playing SSB wrong.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Brawl has more maps, more characters, better single player, better music, and more features than Melee.

If you're going to try and talk about the fighting "nuisances" of Melee making it better, then you're playing SSB wrong.
I won't kick up an debate about this Guild. Since we are obviously from two different leagues or skill, I will tell you that more features does not entitle a game to be better. If anything the features from Brawl con-volute and muss up the gameplay. It moves stuff too far from the core.

QUOTE(chartube12 @ Oct 5 2011, 06:22 AM) Anyone who takes smash brothers seriously is smoking some heavy shit!
Clean for just over 20 years I'm afraid.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterling said:
Guild McCommunist said:

I won't kick up an debate about this Guild. Since we are obviously from two different leagues or skill, I will tell you that more features does not entitle a game to be better. If anything the features from Brawl con-volute and muss up the gameplay. It moves stuff too far from the core

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterling said:
I will tell you that more features does not entitle a game to be better.

Um, yes it does.

Also, go to a fighting game tournament and tell people you're really good at Smash Bros. and see how they feel when they're playing Street Fighter. SSB is a fun franchise but it is not a complex fighting game that requires a lot of skill beyond learning how to dodge.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
SSB Tournaments..... banned characters...

FUN GAME? DOES NOT COMPUTE!

*Kaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbooooooooommmmmmm*

Anyway, this is stupid, any tourney rule is stupid. Period. Whoever says "WE ARE IN A DIFFERENT LEAGUE" or whatever, doesn't know the heck their talking about.

A Party game is just that, a party game. It was made to be played for every age, with all items, all characters and in all maps.

Sorry but i just hate these "serious tournaments" about Smash Bros. Can you go back to play Street Fighter, or any other fighter that was MADE for REAL tournaments? geez, sorry about this rant, but it's hard to read makes my head fuzzy.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Coto said:
Huh you call MetaKnight unbalanced, what about Lucas??

^ + A smash charged full deals over 32% and over 50% is an instant kill. PK freezes, PK spam fire, and the mighty *going through everything* PK thunder shot iself spams seriously. Not no mention A button pressed in midair...

In fact there's a glitch in where you use a PK fire in the air, then v + B simultaneously (barrier field) then you can push yourself through long distances (heck there's even a video where the player allow Lucas to go beneath Final Destination and recover from falling in the other side)
I'm sorry. I just laughed at your comment. Power as the only factor doesn't make a character uber. Also, trust me, if you've seen the techniques you can do with MK, you would say the same things. Lucas is easy to camp, and he's not that hard to beat.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gamefan5 said:
Coto said:
Huh you call MetaKnight unbalanced, what about Lucas??

^ + A smash charged full deals over 32% and over 50% is an instant kill. PK freezes, PK spam fire, and the mighty *going through everything* PK thunder shot iself spams seriously. Not no mention A button pressed in midair...

In fact there's a glitch in where you use a PK fire in the air, then v + B simultaneously (barrier field) then you can push yourself through long distances (heck there's even a video where the player allow Lucas to go beneath Final Destination and recover from falling in the other side)
I'm sorry. I just laughed at your comment. Power as the only factor doesn't make a character uber. Also, trust me, if you've seen the techniques you can do with MK, you would say the same things. Lucas is easy to camp, and he's not that hard to beat.

Grab Release
yaywii.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameDragon said:
Guild McCommunist said:
SSB is a fun franchise but it is not a complex fighting game that requires a lot of skill beyond learning how to dodge.
This isn't true at all unfortunately.

Oh yeah, you have to just choose the cheapest attack of a character and use that a lot too.

I'm just getting sick of people thinking SSB is a complex fighting game to the likes of Street Fighter. I enjoy the crap out of SSB but I wouldn't even consider it a fighter. Want a good fighter on the Wii? Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. On the Gamecube? Um, Soul Calibur II and III.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
chartube12 said:
Anyone who takes smash brothers seriously is smoking some heavy shit!
Then i guess anyone that takes esport seriously is smoking some heavy shit or playing chess competitively is in a trance from smoking too much heavy shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==