Hacking Menu 4.1U

ra_moan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you pick which version of the software to update too. My wii is at 4.1U and i want to get it to 4.2U. I have tried searching but cannot find a straight answer. i started using a computer 3 months ago and wanted to mod a wii that was given to me. thanks in advance.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ra_moan said:
Can you pick which version of the software to update too. My wii is at 4.1U and i want to get it to 4.2U. I have tried searching but cannot find a straight answer. i started using a computer 3 months ago and wanted to mod a wii that was given to me. thanks in advance.
Yes, If it has homebrew already you can use something like MMM, if it doesn't have homebrew enabled, see the stickied ModMii app by Xflak

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
ra_moan said:
You dont have to update to 4.2.
4.2 only erases HBC and cIOS

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no advantage in going to 4.2. Stay at 4.1

Just install all the latest Official (and custom) IOS's.

Then install and use Priiloader to block online and disk updates.

You can use ModMii for all the above.

ra_moan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay. i used modmii and downloaded all files to a sd card formatted to fat32. i am following the guide that was generated by modmii and now i am stuck at the point where i am trying to install priiloader 236. When i try to install i get an error stating that 'cannot find priiloader, mission aborted'. what am i doing wrong?

ra_moan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok. downloaded and put priiloader 0.6 on the sd card in the apps folder. iam still getting the same error message as before. i think i am still missing something here.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ra_moan said:
ok. downloaded and put priiloader 0.6 on the sd card in the apps folder. iam still getting the same error message as before. i think i am still missing something here.
Are you using the latest Homebrew Channel? Are you starting the Priiloader app? When do you have this error? In the installer or still in the homebrew channel?

ra_moan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am using HBC v 1.0.8 and IOS236. I have added Priiloader 0.6 to the apps folder on the SD card. I start the Wii and then launch HBC with the SD card inserted. After HBC is started a number of apps appear on the screen. I click on the app that is Priiloader and it starts then takes me to a screen with the warnings about using this program...etc and a message on what to do (ex +/A to install Priiloader or -/B to uninstall...etc). When i select +/A that is when i get the message "cannot find priiloader, mission aborted"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later