Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ad1da5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all! Being relatively new to the forums and also having recently purchased a flashcard for myself and as a gift (the EDGE and an AceKard 2.1), I was wondering how much your MicroSD cards hold. Also, if you want, you can include how many games, and/or what homebrew software you have on there. I'm just looking to find a good average, and ultimately decide what size card I'll end up buying. Thanks!

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around 30 DS roms, 10 GBA, 3 albums of MP3's, and the Matrix Trilogy. That means 3 movies lol.

Sandisk 8GB micro HCSD has been my friend for about 2 years.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an 8GB A-Data microSDHC. On it I've got like 57 DS games, 94 GBA games, 384 MB worth of music, and a bunch of other stuff. I've got 2.57 GB left.
biggrin.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
A 1 GB and a 2 GB. GBA roms on the 1 GB and DS roms on the 2 GB.

About 20 DS games on the 2 GB, but since I'm at my PC at least once per day I've always got the opportunity to switch games around. Not sure how many GBA games are on the 1 GB, don't think I ever filled it though.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
About this size:

|------|

Naw but in all reality, I've got an 8GB Sandisk, been usin it ever since I got my CycloDS. I only have about 30 or so games on it so 8GB is overkill, but hey at least I don't have any space issues.

goodboy735

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4GB (really want an 8) SanDisk microHCSD card with 1.03 GB of 23 DS roms, 39.3 MB of 17 homebrew, 69.7 MB of 8 Videos,
1.29 GB of Music with roughly 10 albums and a few loose songs (as I have no MP3 player/IPod), and 25.2 MB of 588 pictures.

Is that too much info?
tongue.gif

and microSD cards are about |-----------|
wink.gif

berkley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have an 8GB but only have 3GB of it filled, I suggest you get a 8GB never run out of space, unless your crazy.

Ad1da5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks to all who responded! Your replies were all very helpful. I'm probably going to be getting the 8GB for myself, and the 4GB for the gift.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Ive got a 4gb Class 6 Sandisk microSDHC and its done me well, but I'm planning to upgrade to a 16gb. 4gb's stores 51 DS Games a few GBA Games a bunch of homebrew a few videos and 2 albums of mp3's with around 100 - 200mb of space left.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have an 8gb one, but its not even a half full.... was a little pointless really.... meh

but I would have still got a larger one if I could have
biggrin.gif
but 16 and 32gb cards are slow and expensive.

Dizzy Doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 2 GB microSD, with 36 games (all trimmed), and like 50 MB of homebrew. The remaining space (like 100 MB) goes to DPG clips, which I change from time to time.
I'm planing to upgrade too (I need more space, for GBA games and MP3s.), but I think 8 GB it's an overkill, and I have the feeling that the 4 GB one will become short in space too...Isnt there a 6 GB microSD (I bet not). Else I'll just go with 8GB.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dizzy Doom said:
I've got a 2 GB microSD, with 36 games (all trimmed), and like 50 MB of homebrew. The remaining space (like 100 MB) goes to DPG clips, which I change from time to time.
I'm planing to upgrade too (I need more space, for GBA games and MP3s.), but I think 8 GB it's an overkill, and I have the feeling that the 4 GB one will become short in space too...Isnt there a 6 GB microSD (I bet not). Else I'll just go with 8GB.

no, memory values only go up in binary powers (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1028, 2042, etc)

to be honest, micro SD cards are cheap now anyway, my 8gb class 6 card cost me only £10.... less than the price of a single DS game!

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an 8GB

Have about 40-50 Games taking up about 4-5 GB
I haven't played around with Homebrew too much, Just the Wi-Fi dumping tool to make backups of my games, and saves.
And also Emulators, Nes, Snes, ColecoVision, Atari, Etc

I haven't bothered with Music or Movies on the DS as I have an iPod for that.

I've used the GBA feature for testing some Rom-Hacks that myself and a friend are working on.

As far as what size you should get, I will always recommend getting atleast an 8GB or more as flash prices are really cheap now. I originally got 2GB Cards for my kids, thinking those would be fine, but soon realized that it gets full really fast.

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16193 8GB Kingston $20.32 USD, Free Shipping

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1