Memory stick recommendation?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by sdtt, Mar 5, 2010.

Mar 5, 2010

Memory stick recommendation? by sdtt at 8:45 PM (831 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. sdtt
    OP

Newcomer sdtt Newbie

United States
    Hi all, my semi new memory stick, a PhotoFast Dual-Slot SDHC MicroSD Pro Duo Adapte with 2 8 Gig MicroSD cards just went belly up. (Blinking orange light of doom, and less than 3 months old. What rotten luck.) Currently I'm getting by on an old 4 Gig card I have, but I miss having the glorious 16 Gig storage space with 8 PSN games and 4 PSP games. I need some recommendation on a decent sized stick that won't die on me within a year. Where do you guys get your sticks?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Sandisk Ultra II is what i'd be buying next if i was in the market for a new stick....although all the sticks i have are 4Gb or less which i'm pretty happy with.

3. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    The official Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo Mark 2 and the Sandisk Ultra II are all I'll buy.

4. Yanazake

Member Yanazake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Should I ask... WHERE you go for a good price? if it's an online shop, I hope there's export/shipping option...

If this isn't the right place, I'll take this question to the vendor area~

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Just search around....ultimately think of what you're getting for your money and don't be cheap. Ideally you'd probably want to buy from your current location in case you have issues with the stick.

6. Yanazake

Brazil
    I have issues from the stick probably because I bought here. I normally look for Kingston brand, but I got frustrated when all I saw around 8GB micro SDs was ones made in Taiwan [yep, using dual adapter, and it works perfectly with my 4gb kingston, also taiwan]

So, I need something real to make it work well I really prefer the MicroSD cards, since if needed, I can even exchage with my DS.

7. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Try amazon, I think the official mark2 8 or 16gb I forget which was between 50 and 60.

8. Yanazake

Brazil
    But what about MicroSDs? I don't have this kind of money right now... - I need to use paypal to buy things online, and it's hard to put money in there. >: