Hacking Memory Card keeps ejecting?

Pyon Pyon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming this is a firmware/software related issue.

But during playing a game, lets say Ratchet and Clank, the game from time-to-time tell me the memory stick has been ejected, and then tells me its inserted again.

Im not ejecting it manually, nor am I violently shaking the system about. Its not keeping me from playing a game (mostly), but I'm constantly forced to re-save which breaks up gameplay.

Any suggestions?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
What sort of memory stick is it? Is it magic gate supported in the XMB?

Try cleaning the contacts with some rubbing alcohol.

Pyon Pyon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
What sort of memory stick is it? Is it magic gate supported in the XMB?

Try cleaning the contacts with some rubbing alcohol.
I don't think it is, because I can't read/see it on the card itself.

Its a Sandisk 8GB Class 4 inside a Kingston MicroSD to MSPRO Duo adater. It may be a fake because thats all the text on it, very plain, and its pretty new.

This problem has occurred once or twice in Ghost of Sparta, a few times in Size Matters, and many times in Secret Agent Clank.
It apparently never occurs in Duodecim. It might really do in the background, but Duodecim might not halt the game every time it thinks the memory stick is out.

To elaborate on the problem, it randomly thinks itself is ejected, and before you can press X or O to confirm the message, it has already re-detected it despite said memory stick being touched, or the system shaked/moved.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's the adapter....those things sometimes have issues with actually touching the contacts inside the PSP. Use an actual Pro Duo.

Pyon Pyon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MicroSD are more versitile, and much cheaper than the other thing. That said, I'll never buy a real MSPro Duo as long as there's an adapter that accepts MicroSD's. And I just purchased/am waiting for a CR-5400 and two 16GB Class 6 cards to make a 32GB MSPro Duo. I spent $50. If I wanted an actual 32GB ProDuo, then I would hate to spend almost twice that.

People just aren't made of money. Telling them to buy something else is hardly a helpful answer. I spent $12 on an 8GB card, then $50 on two 16's, and because I'm having a small problem, I'm supposed to spend another $100 for another card?

If the problem is contacts, I rather spend nothing and just cram paper in there. Especially when MS Pro Duos are twice the price of microSD counterparts, and can only be used in a limiting amount of devices. I can use a MicroSD in my phone, my PSP, my DS, my camera, my PC. I can use MS Pro Duo in just PSP. I'm not going to spend double to be limited to one thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill