Homebrew WIP melonDS for Switch

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does melonDS on retroarch only support certain save styles? NSMB is working fine, but Portrait of Ruin, Giana Sisters, Sonic Colors all complain about corrupt or inaccessible save data. This is without trying to import any save data from anywhere, just starting fresh.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Spectrunova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@catlover007 I just wanted to tell you how awesome your r3 fix2 build is! I was still running normal melonds, (which was poop) and than I tried Retros melon core (which was worse, before your changes). I haven't had a problem with any games at all!

I've tried again the Retro core with your changes and the games do run a whole lot better now. However, there are still lots of frame drops on games that make me overclock to the highest. Unlike Retros melon core, your r3 build still remains to run games a lot better with less of the switch having to be overclocked to its highest.

tabnk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does melonDS on retroarch only support certain save styles? NSMB is working fine, but Portrait of Ruin, Giana Sisters, Sonic Colors all complain about corrupt or inaccessible save data. This is without trying to import any save data from anywhere, just starting fresh.
I can also confirm this problem.
Also, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia and NSMB refuse to load my saves I had from my R4, while all the other games loaded them just fine (I have around 15 or so games only)

enzobelmont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you bro @catlover007 .

Now your work is integrated in retroarch, you deserve it.

how can I export my chrono trigger save to retroarch?

I would like to continue my adventure from where i was playing yesterday.

I was looking in SD structure for a save file but I couldn't find none, directions will be very apreciated!

thanks in advance.

Last edited by enzobelmont,

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: enzobelmont

blaww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked, but is there a way to rotate the screen in the Retroarch version? I'm on the latest nightly.

enzobelmont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry for post this here, I've tried to use cheats for Chrono Trigger DS usnig MelonDS core on retroarch, built in cheats are not working. I've achieved to set "max money" searching for address. But can't find "max HP" and "max MP" on my own.

Any help would be apreciated.

zenjiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome emulator! Been using it with my flipgrip and it been wonderful. So technically when playing vertical, what pixel screen gap would be closest representation to playing on the original DS?

Especially for games that uses the both screen like sonic rush games.

Last edited by zenjiki,

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for post this here, I've tried to use cheats for Chrono Trigger DS usnig MelonDS core on retroarch, built in cheats are not working. I've achieved to set "max money" searching for address. But can't find "max HP" and "max MP" on my own.

Any help would be apreciated.
if the cheats are handled by retroarch itself, they could work, though I don't know how they interact with the JIT. In any case Arisotura is currently working on bringing AR codes to melonDS.

Awesome emulator! Been using it with my flipgrip and it been wonderful. So technically when playing vertical, what pixel screen gap would be closest representation to playing on the original DS?

Especially for games that uses the both screen like sonic rush games.

According to Gbatek the gap is equivalent to 90 pixels, though some developers completely ignore the gap, so just try different settings and see what looks best.

Last edited by catlover007,

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to play Bowser's inside Story on MelonDS on Retroarch (the reason I want to use Retroarch is I make nsp forwarders for each game and I had trouble getting it to work in the standalone) I imported a save from my 3DS and the rom and save name match and the save is .sav in both in rom/ds. But when I start the game it says Unable to access save data. Please turn off the power and reinsert the game card. It won't let me do anything but turn off the game.

Just read other people having this problem on this page. Guess there's no fix yet.

Last edited by JayMathis,

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Advance Wars Dual Strike running at the correct speed and sound correct?
I tried it and it seemed run fine, though if you're still not sure compare it to a video, make sure it's recorded on real hardware.

I am trying to play Bowser's inside Story on MelonDS on Retroarch (the reason I want to use Retroarch is I make nsp forwarders for each game and I had trouble getting it to work in the standalone) I imported a save from my 3DS and the rom and save name match and the save is .sav in both in rom/ds. But when I start the game it says Unable to access save data. Please turn off the power and reinsert the game card. It won't let me do anything but turn off the game.

Just read other people having this problem on this page. Guess there's no fix yet.
for retroarch the save files are located in /retroarch/cores/savefiles/ unlike standalone the file extension needs to be replaced by .sav (i.e. 0413 - Tetris DS (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).nds -> 0413 - Tetris DS (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).sav).

The initial release of the switch libretro core with JIT, suffered from the issue that it couldn't always create the right savefiles on it's own, but that was fixed already days ago, try updating the core.

Reactions: JayMathis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup