Homebrew WIP melonDS for Switch

Joeldkirchner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just using barebones atmosphere. I also only boot into it when I'm working on melonDS, lol. Kosmos uses atmosphere though, yeah? It should be the same. Really weird stuff. I'll have to figure something out before the next release. I've had problems with both audout and audin now, so I might have to just handle audio some other way if possible.

Edit: just now realizing this wasn't directed at me, somehow I missed like half the posts above :wacko:
Oh well, guess it's relevant either way.
:rofl::rofl: sounds like you need a vacation haha. Appreciate everything you're doing for us!

Last edited by Joeldkirchner,

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to have tbis app update from within the app? Not trying to be a pain. Id report on the latest but my pc just crashed (ugh) so i have to repair it. Just a thought i had. Keep uo the great work and enjoy your holidays please!

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be possible to have tbis app update from within the app? Not trying to be a pain. Id report on the latest but my pc just crashed (ugh) so i have to repair it. Just a thought i had. Keep uo the great work and enjoy your holidays please!
Probably possible, but there's also the homebrew app store that can already do that. Then again, it wouldn't have stuff like the no mic build. Maybe it's something to consider for the future, not a huge priority though.

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first 0.7.2 and this newer 1 both freeze my Switch, completely. Using the redirect MelonDS NSP or HBMenu NSP. Have to hold power to shut down. Changing to white noise did nothing. 0.7.0 and 0.7.1 still function. Hopefully you ignore this stuff until after the holidays, though, if you celebrate.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
The first 0.7.2 and this newer 1 both freeze my Switch, completely. Using the redirect MelonDS NSP or HBMenu NSP. Have to hold power to shut down. Changing to white noise did nothing. 0.7.0 and 0.7.1 still function. Hopefully you ignore this stuff until after the holidays, though, if you celebrate.
Hmm, I wonder if it's a problem with loading from an NSP/redirection to an NSP. I'm just redirecting to the album, so it's being launched as an applet instead of a full application. Also, did you try the no mic build I posted a bit back? It should work either way.

Last edited by Hydr8gon,
Reactions: DollyWhipDoll

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didnt know melonds was on the app store ok. After downloading that copy i can report no sound in 2.5 sxos but booting atmosphere that issue went away...

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just can't load any game. It gives me an error with the BIOS files, but I'm sure those are correct. I grabbed various BIOS files and it still gives me the error and I can't play anything...

cyndor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use the emulator, place your legally dumped Nintendo DS BIOS files in the sdmc:/switch/melonds directory with the names "bios7.bin", bios9.bin", and "firmware.bin".

I just can't load any game. It gives me an error with the BIOS files, but I'm sure those are correct. I grabbed various BIOS files and it still gives me the error and I can't play anything...
Just to be sure did you do this correctly?

DollyWhipDoll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I wonder if it's a problem with loading from an NSP/redirection to an NSP. I'm just redirecting to the album, so it's being launched as an applet instead of a full application. Also, did you try the no mic build I posted a bit back? It should work either way.

I tried the first 7.2 build you posted and the other after that. Just going to stick to 7.1, for now, since it plays 1 of the main games I want to play. The updated UI looks good on it, too.

DollyWhipDoll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Decided to try it again and it was the NSPs, thank you! Now, I have to figure out sound. I do see it's faster.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
hey hey hey

get.php

this is all I will say for now :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk