Homebrew RELEASE melonDS for Switch — continuation

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release 5, fix 1 is available!
Due to popular demand I added the overclocking option into the new frontend. Also bug fixes.
Thank you for this melonds is now my favorite emulator im very grateful for your work, is there any chance of adding a FPS counter in the future?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not going to emulate 3DS emulator fully.. It can runs some games fully like Pokemone.. but every games ? Like Luigi's Mansion 2 ? No. A Switfch "Pro"... Perhaps but this Nintendo Switch will not run 3DS emulator fully at all. It is prove to be weak system to run 3DS emulator fully.

Even if Switch "Pro" or something like that is hackable one day and it is no way to emulate PCSX2. Never. PCSX2 proves to be a powerful emulator and Switch "Pro" is not going to be a powerful system to emulates some emulators like PCSX2 and RPCS3 anyway.

You are better off stick with powerful PC.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is not going to emulate 3DS emulator fully.. It can runs some games fully like Pokemone.. but every games ? Like Luigi's Mansion 2 ? No. A Switfch "Pro"... Perhaps but this Nintendo Switch will not run 3DS emulator fully at all. It is prove to be weak system to run 3DS emulator fully.

Even if Switch "Pro" or something like that is hackable one day and it is no way to emulate PCSX2. Never. PCSX2 proves to be a powerful emulator and Switch "Pro" is not going to be a powerful system to emulates some emulators like PCSX2 and RPCS3 anyway.

You are better off stick with powerful PC.
Dude there's people already playing Majora 3D at full speed with some OC on Switch.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude there's people already playing Majora 3D at full speed with some OC on Switch.

Dude, I know that but I am talking about Luigi's Mansion 2 and a few other that I did test and didnt run fully. I am able to run Zelda A link between two worlds very well too.

Try without "OC" too ? Yeah.. Nintendo Switch is weak without an OC.

If you tried Luigi's mansion 2 and you will know what I am talking about. Some games like Luigi's Mansion 2 are not playable.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Juanaugusto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi catlover007 i have my switch in firmware 10.2.0 with sxos 3.0.5 when i try to play with melonds it goes very slow and the sound is very bad but when i use the overclock the emulation is much better, i made an nsp forwarder so if i want to play without lag i need to put the overclock in 1785 and the console starts to get very hot, i need your help. how to configure the emulator?
thank you so much for the emulator and sorry about my english, it is not good

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe theres too many rom in the folder ? i get the same , i acces the folder ,wait and crash . also on an empty folder , i go back , choose the folder again then it just crash .

launch with full ram acces ofc
Well I can only help with general troubleshooting so here are some things to check.

-are you using atmosphere or sxos? What version
-What is the switch fw version?
-Do you have the DS BIOS in the right place? Have you tried the BIOS from multiple sources?
- Have you tried disabling fast memory? That's caused me trouble in the past

I can't help with much more than that. I'm sorry

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I can only help with general troubleshooting so here are some things to check.

-are you using atmosphere or sxos? What version
-What is the switch fw version?
-Do you have the DS BIOS in the right place? Have you tried the BIOS from multiple sources?
- Have you tried disabling fast memory? That's caused me trouble in the past

I can't help with much more than that. I'm sorry
i can lauch the bios thing , i did it for each of the 3 files i put in . ill try a bunch of thing and see .

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a discord server for this anywhere? I used to be a community manger for a large esports company and would love to help both manage the discord and contribute to making a compatibility list

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-