Megaupload WAS coming back in january as Me.Ga

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Kyouhei, Nov 12, 2012.

Nov 12, 2012
  1. Kyouhei
    OP

Member Kyouhei Official 任天堂 Lover

Antarctica
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Source

R.I.P Me.Gay! R.I.P

2. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    So, are they completely cleared and just looking for a domain?

3. Kyouhei
    OP

Member Kyouhei Official 任天堂 Lover

Antarctica
    They are still in trouble from what i understand, but they are looking for a domain outside of Any Government Control, They think using a domain in a geological region where there is no government, or piracy is everywhere they can get away with bringing back Megaupload.

4. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Nigeria is the answer, Somalia if desperate and there are no business restrictions.

5. shoyrumaster11

Member shoyrumaster11 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Damn! I was going to use me.ga! Just to prove that this was true, I opened a new tab, typed in me.ga and got nothing! For me, this would usually be an ISP/DNS problem. But the whole site itself is down! Goodbye me.ga!

6. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Yes, the government is so efficient at taking down websites, they traveled through time.

Skelletonike and Phoenix Goddess like this.
  7. shoyrumaster11

Australia
    They've took down way too many innocent sites or forced too many to shut down! I just hope *puts foil hat on* they leave nds-card.com, digitopz.com and plenty of these other sites alone!

8. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Watch Me.ga get registered in a matter of days, maybe hours now.

If I owned that wesbite I'd like the index page blank and create a sub directory, /man/

9. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    After some of the money earning file sharing websites (mouthful?) were taken down, many more "friendly" file sharing sites have opened. It's kinda a good thing since if you wanted something big, you needed a megaupload link or else you'd get premium netload, filesonic, fileserve etc.
    Now it's putlocker, peeje, amonshare, upafile etc that all support download managers and great speeds. What happened was quite good for us as the true money grubbers were taken down with it.

hope the mega master comes back though for goodness sake.

10. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    It's still coming back, Me.ga was just one of several domains they had registered.

11. shoyrumaster11

Australia
    Tried kim.com/mega that still worked!

12. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    they just don't get the .ga domain from the country that owns the .ga domain.
    they'll most likely still go ahead and get this service running at least for some time before its taken down again

13. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    this guy is getting the shit kicked out of him and meanwhile medifire is happily continuing untouched :rofl:

14. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
    Shhh not so loud. It's all going according to plan.... Muahahahahaha :evil:

Bladexdsl likes this.
  15. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    I don't understand how someone can be punished for a crime that has not been committed yet, but alright - cool story, bro, Dot.Com's going to open the site anyways and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

16. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Get f'd for one service doesn't mean that the second one should be f'd before it even starts. This is pretty much absurd on a bigger level. Imagine if Dropbox, Google Drive or any other cloud storage would meet the same reception as Kim Dotcom has met so far. Not really innovative regardless of the piracy aspect here..

17. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
  18. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    To this day I fail to see how Dotcom was in any way responsible for what the users uploaded. I don't quite remember Megaupload's legal status, but I believe it was a limited liability company, and as such, they are not responsible for what the users do with their service, they merely provide a service. There was no way they could check what the users upload as it would break a mountain of privacy-related laws. That said, the major cloud storage providers apparently don't see an issue in rummaging through your stuff. If anything, Dotcom's service was the more "noble" one for not butting into other people's affairs and providing truly private storage space.

Skelletonike likes this.
  19. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Pretty much the problem may be that there wasn't pre-emtive copyrighted material filtering on megaupload. Not sure how they'd actually make something like that work, but then again, YouTube does have an automaticish system for audio/video copyright (NASA Curiosity landing material comes to mind straight away).

As for upload-services in general, I see a ton of problems rising from different features. The worst that comes to mind is here in Finland (courtesy of TorrentFreak): http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-group-threatens-to-sue-isps-over-tv-show-piracy-121102/

Basically the ISP service (Elisa/Teliasonera) just record the program after receiving your response just like a dvr. Only difference is that the service is a cloud service. And yes, it's completely legal to record stuff for personal use regardless of the location of the record (although it's personal use, not meant for others to use). Big surprise that Netflix was even interested in coming to come over here after such problems (and yes, most of the series on Netflix are missing quite a bit of resent seasons of TV shows).

20. naved.islam14

Member naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sri Lanka
    Me.Ga just think that this is a big Ga.Me.

porkiewpyne likes this.