Megaupload - Anyone else Realized This?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Maz7006, Mar 4, 2009.

Mar 4, 2009
  1. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    As most of you have probably noticed, MU have recently changed the way their website looks, and the Happy Hours. Something that has been bugging me is that I've heard many rumors that its only people that are living in the US can exploit this privilege. Can anyone confirm this? Also i have been having problems with Megamanager, it doesn't sign in on to my account, yet i can get into my account through the website, this happened prior to the website updates (well i believe it is since it had been sum time before this happened). Things I've already tried, but to no avail:

1. Uninstall/Install the Megamanager (with restart) - also tried the latest one off their website
    2. Disconnected/Connected all the PC's and Routers in the house from the internet, and then put them back in
    3. Phoned up my provider to check that everything is working fine
    4. Google, and yes it wasn't being my friend
    5. Tried altering between 3 PC's, and 2 Laptops, who have either Vista or XP as the OS

So any ideas, or preferably is this also happening to anyone else?

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I haven't used Megamanager since I found out about the no more premium... but yeah, premium hours are from like 11PM~1AM now (which is ridiculous, I'm never up at that time)

3. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Only 2 hours, f* it, i'd rather buy a premium account that way, the thing that really bugs me is that you can't use a download manager with MU, moreover im stuck with only 30kb/s of download speeds when i want to download anything MU related, so that's about 1 hour and a half for downloading a the average 170mb-ish anime episode :S

4. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    or just screw megaupload in the first place?

5. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    No i can't, that would be physically impossible XD, there are so many things i want and need off megaupload, its more practical than P2P in my case.

6. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    My MU premium time is at 6am to 8am. I don't want to wake up at 6am to just download everything. I still can download, but its annoying having to enter all the codes you see then waiting 25 seconds.

Megamanager still works for me. I just don't use it unless its premium hour. I might wake up at 6am at like Saturday or something.

7. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I say buy a premium account. That's what I'm gonna do anyway (once I get enough money) Cause megaupload is really widely used, so it's easy to find anime/games and stuff like that. Plus, it downloads at a really fast speed... I NEVER get those speeds with torrents just because you have to depend on other people.

8. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Also, once you get a Premium, you can easily just keep getting free months with the rewards thing if you also upload stuff.

And for some reason I feel like I'm the only one here that knows how to fix the MegaUpload system in your favor.

9. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    It's $200 for lifetime membership. If you really download that much stuff than just buy that.

10. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    I love my timezone. Starts at 5:00 PM for me, which is now. right now.

11. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Hmm thanks for all the suggestions, but ill just pass on buying premium, its really helpful but it aint worth the money, plus i figured out my premium hours, and the timing is great [​IMG]

12. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    i am planning on buying a premium account. but i can get about 1meg per sec with a mega uploads account and using flash get. downloading 8 things at once. if rapidshare had lifetime membership i would use that.

13. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    DO you get those speeds during free normal downloads, or happy hour ?

14. yozyoz

Newcomer yozyoz Member

Canada
    could you elaborate please? I just found out that they changed the happy hours.. :|

anyone know where I can check the time of the happy hours?

sorry for bumping an old topic (at least I used the search bar haha)

15. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    http://www.megaupload.com/?c=happyhour

There you go [​IMG]

16. DarkRey

Member DarkRey still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!

Croatia
    rapidshare does have lifetime premium membership and its cheaper than megaupload

17. yozyoz

Newcomer yozyoz Member

Canada
    thank you for the link

my happy hour starts at 5am and ends at 7am, guess i'll have to wake up early during the weekend someday hehe