Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
[youtube]http://youtu.be/nSzzXnv5JYo[/youtube]

After years of waiting, the new installment of Mega Man Legends draws closer with Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version! Available as a download, Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version will be a launch title when Nintendo eShop opens for business.

Mega Man Legends 3 is the first Capcom game to be co-developed by the fans. Prototype Version gives players the first taste of Mega Man’s upcoming open-world action/adventure game, and lets them see a game still early in the development process. It also introduces a new character to the franchise, the reckless leader of a sky biker gang, Barrett.

Be the first to try out his new close combat gameplay style, and see first-hand some of the fan contributions to the game come to life. Also, once you have finished the core missions, receive access to areas of the game not yet finished, as well as a debug menu that gives you special moves and abilities.

Once you experience the game, let your voice be heard by heading to www.capcom-unity.com/devroom and join the community of Servbots who are helping design the game. Get insight into what it takes to build a game, learn about the development process, and interact with the members of the Development Team themselves. But most importantly, be creative. No matter how large or small your idea is, you have the chance to see it come to life and get your name in the credits of the game![/p]

Source

I love Capcom for doing this.
Will this be your first 3DS demo?

Inb4 someone posting this at USN.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably won't be my first demo. Though I love Megaman, I'm not really a big fan of the Legends series (I was when I was younger, though). I will download it, though, it looks pretty good right now.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the professor of the first games named Barrett? So this is him either turned younger, him time traveled from the past or a clone?

EDIT: nvm his name was Professor Barrell Caskett. Could still be named after him and have some type of connection. drop the Ls and add the ETT from caskett and you get Barrett.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I find very interesting that Capcom is basically making you a Beta Tester. More companies should do this.
Fans like it and it's an easy buck for the company, not to mention it makes it more likely that people who suggested changes buy it.

It's a pretty good move.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, 3DS only? I thought this was originally announced as a console game.

I was hoping to play this. MegaMan Legends 2 was my first MegaMan game.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This totally took me by surprise. I got the press release today, and I was totally psyched! However, something folks may want to keep in consideration is, this demo may end up (at least that's the impression I got from the press release) being an actual demo product along the same lines as what they did with Dead Rising 2. I'm personally completely okay with that. Capcom wants to give me an early taste to quench my overwhelming desire for a new Legends game? Take my cash!

Either way, I think the whole premise of allowing their fan base to input their opinions on where the game should go development-wise is awesome! I cannot wait for the eShop to hit. What an absolutely awesome way to christen the eShop.

My guess, it'll cost about $5 (USD).

Edit: Folks over on GAF are saying it'll be $2. Not sure if that's actually been confirmed, but still, $2 for an early slice of MML3. Mmm...nom, nom, nom!

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy+ Pasted from other thread:

Wow. That's awesome! I'm not a fan of Mega Man at all (just haven't given the series it's due chance, which is my fault), nor have I played any game in the Mega Man Legends series, but the fact that we'll have something other than ports for the launch of the eShop is awesome. The fact that it's a "prototype" or demo or anything of a full retail title is even better. Hopefully we'll be seeing more demo's on the 3DS.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll definitely be looking forward to this prototype or demo. I've never actually gotten my hands on a Legends game but I do love me some Mega Man (PAUSE!!!) and from what I hear, Mega Man Legends has been pretty damn well and demanded for another sequel.

Is it confirmed that we'll have to pay to be able to play it or will it be a free downloadable?

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does the Eshop have a release date yet!?

-edit-
Also I think this is going to be something set before the game, where as the actual game you'll probably be playing trigger. Kind of like them testing out the engine and reception to it while still giving us kind of a prologue. Least that is my guess.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! I'll be all over this. I never played the Legends games but this looks fun and I always like to see the development process. Hehe, I'll have to see what I can break in the game! >:D

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Er... I think the demo should be free.

I don't like the idea of demos costing money unless they offer something exclusive in game for the full version (like how Dissidia Prologus gave Areis as an assist).
I agree with you, we are paying to beta test a game that has no guarantee of coming out. But maybe they are trying to see if there is any interest in the game at all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill