Hacking Megaman 9 DLC Compatability

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was at my friend's yesterday, and he installed a MM9 wad on his Wii. But as for the Downloadable Content, we decided to just buy it to see if it would work with a non-bought game. It seemed to work fine. Now on MY Wii, I actually bought the game and am curious if it will work the other way around...

1) Have wads been released for DLC yet? (I'm not asking for them, just asking if they exist)

2) And if they do, does anyone know if they will work with a LEGIT game?

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, from what I've heard from people who have it is that new data is actually saved onto your Wii, so I'm really not sure if it would work...

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it worked for FFMLAAK but i'm not sure about this... i only got 300 wii points...

Xlom3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got the data and ticket for it on my laptop, as far as compiling it, tf packer only seems to notice the game itself. The DLC does have it's own title.tmd though if someone can point me in a direction to compile it, I could be inclined to do so for you.

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
shootingstar-rockman.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Repacking the game definitely doesn't have any effect from what I tried.

I've been trying to pack the Data from 00010005\7752394A\. The TITLE.TMD indicates there's other APP Files needed to pack it as a WAD. I was assuming it wants the Data that isn't released yet.

I've also tried editing the TITLE.TMD to make it so I only need to pack the 3 APPs. I seem to get an Error -4100 in the WAD Manager when I try to install the newly edited TITLE.TMD. =\

Xlom3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've almost got it. I'm pretty sure the extra files it needs are the shared files. The problem I'm having now is a (ret= -2011) when installing the ticket. My ticket may be bad? (or I'm not using it correctly? OR it's possible I'm not using the newest blaze? I only fond 0.1)

I did manage to get the wad I made to UNINSTALL my mm9 dlc... so I'm getting somewhere. But now I have no dlc except for what I have copied from the wii already. Game wants me to rebuy it now.

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xlom3000 said:
I've almost got it. I'm pretty sure the extra files it needs are the shared files. The problem I'm having now is a (ret= -2011) when installing the ticket. My ticket may be bad? (or I'm not using it correctly? OR it's possible I'm not using the newest blaze? I only fond 0.1)

I did manage to get the wad I made to UNINSTALL my mm9 dlc... so I'm getting somewhere. But now I have no dlc except for what I have copied from the wii already. Game wants me to rebuy it now.
Try moving the folder (7752394A, as stated by Rockman GFF) out of the 00010005 folder and into the 00010001 folder. That should trick my wad packer into seeing it as a game and thus it should go through and find all the shared files for you. This is all hypothetical btw, since I don't have any files here to test with.

Xlom3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
theoretically that would work, but they both have a 00000004.app that are of different sizes

edit: nvm I see what you are saying now. I'll give it a shot

Xlom3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found out what caused the 2011. It was the key that came with the blaze I downloaded. substituted for a known good key and it got to adding content package #2 before erroring

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
RadioShadow said:
Try packing it with Blaze. It worked when I packed the Sambi De Amigo Download Content.Same problem. It still needs APP Files that aren't there, causes the Error where it creates an Incomplete WAD.

QUOTE(Xlom3000 @ Oct 9 2008, 11:35 PM) I've almost got it. I'm pretty sure the extra files it needs are the shared files.
According to the TMD, there are no Shared Apps.

Sticking Shared Apps in will cause the Game not to load when installed with an Error Message to Delete the Wii System Memory through the Settings.

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
The TMD is basically a Complete Listing of all the DLC APP Files. As 2 out of 5 DLCs are Released. It's hard to pack a WAD of it in terms of Automated TMD Packers.

It'll be easier and work once you have all the DLC Installed.

There's 6 APP Files needed. 00000000.APP is the usual Save Icon stuff, 00000001~5 are the DLC.

00000001.APP is Proto Man Mode (Blues Mode)
00000004.APP is Endless Attack Mode

We're missing 2, 3, and 5 for it to work with an Untamed TMD. I haven't gotten anywhere hexing the TMD either. =\

Xlom3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's interesting that they do it that way, but I guess it makes sense. I guess that means they only ever plan on releasing 5 add-ons though. wonder if dummying them out would work. I guess not since it would again check the file size and have a miss match.

It's really all more than likely a key to unlock it in the game itself. The xbox version downloads are both 108kb which is usually a sign of it being in the game already and just needing the key to unlock it.

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockman GFF said:
0x159 (Whatever the ROOT was at the end from 4 -> 3)
0x1DE (6 -> 3)

I've done it both ways at least twice. I've also renamed the APP Files too. Renamed / Arranged them to 0~2. =\
Not sure why you're changing 0x159, but that shouldn't matter. Changing 0x1DE makes sense, but are you also removing the missing content blocks (the ones that start at 0x1E4) that correspond to the apps you don't have?

EDIT: Ahh, you're editing your post on me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo