Mega Man Online gameplay footage

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grinding isn't hard to imagine for a Megaman game. Besides obvious weapon and armor upgrades (which should be expanded more than the current MM games), Castlevania has shown us how to do leveling up with sidescrolling. It actually sounds like a really good idea. I for one hope for a lot of exploration, ala Metroidvania. Megaman Zero and ZX already gave us a small taste of that.

I can't see anything wrong with this concept. A Megaman action RPG seems like a great idea. One that stays true to sidescrolling action roots, but mixes it up with exploration/multiplayer/RPG stuff.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'd figure with the Megaman universe and them being robots (reploids, whatever.
tongue.gif
) that this would have one heck of an awesome character create.
Hopefully this is just a WIP.

And calling this an MMO is somewhat misleading.
Looks more like Phantasy Star Online/Guild Wars/Monster Hunter with a central hub and 4~6 player mission/stage instances.
So lag won't be a big deal.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked everything, except 2 things I saw.

1. No Create-A-Character?
blank.gif
I like that they're keeping it true to the series, but I'd hate to see 7,000,000 Zeros running about.

2. Quick Time Events
blank.gif
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This looks just like GrandChase. So to those skeptikal about the gameplay try GC and imo Megaman Online will play similar.

And since this might still be an early beta, it could explain the lack of char customization...

Lets Wait and See.
But in the mean time, go try GrandChase if u wanna get a feel of a 2d action scroller game. (although i prefer DungeonFighterOnline, but its more of a 3D action sidescroller
tongue.gif
)

I will be giving this Megaman MMO a try for sure as soon as i find a localization that allows me to lol

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the direction this game is going. I still kinda hope this comes to consoles tho.

I hope they do have a create-a-character mode in there, with many levels of customization.

But this has the potential to draw ppl in and have something for fans of every megaman series

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SS4 said:
This looks just like GrandChase. So to those skeptikal about the gameplay try GC and imo Megaman Online will play similar.

And since this might still be an early beta, it could explain the lack of char customization...

Lets Wait and See.
But in the mean time, go try GrandChase if u wanna get a feel of a 2d action scroller game. (although i prefer DungeonFighterOnline, but its more of a 3D action sidescroller
tongue.gif
)

I will be giving this Megaman MMO a try for sure as soon as i find a localization that allows me to lol
People do not buy a Mega Man game to play GrandChase.

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameplay video 1 - Duo is there...and... Classic Rockman also shot the Rockman killers with a laser blast. Yes, it ain't all X's and Zeroes. Now where they will go with that...I'm guessing parts. Parts and upgrades, armor variations, the usual MMO stuff. It looks good. Now all I can hope for is BGM & SFX replacements being doable. It makes things fun, and occasionally funny.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't know how I feel about this yet. It's got potential, to be sure, considering it's got some classic Mega Man gameplay and whatnot. However, like always, I've got a few gripes.

For one, the game's quite liberal with particle effects. With a few players battling simultaneously, this could make for some confusing fights, as it may be hard to see what in the world is going on. However, the particle effects may not be as obtrusive in practice as they seem to be here.

Also, the Music seems to be a tad generic, as opposed to the cool Mega Man tunes we're all used to.

Finally, (insert lame complaint #3 here).

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
This will be just as much an MMO as Left 4 Dead is, and most likely work the same in a few ways.

E.G.: Pre-set list of chars to choose from, no 2 people can be same char, lobby based, and only so many chars in one "room"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...