Hacking Mega Man 9 and 10 DLC (vWii)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan , or anyone, I'm not sure if the vwii is detecting dlc for either game. are you supposed to make a save first or can you install the game and the dlc together? must the game have been beaten? this is through emuNAND btw.

edit: btw, I'm using usb loader gx.

Last edited by godreborn,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think megaman 9/10 had some issues and wasn't working with simple emuNAND.
so, neek is the solution.
but I don't know about DLCs, there's no reason they don't work. You can install them anytime you want, with or without a savegame already existing.
the DLC goes into a different folder, and the game look into that folder to load found dlcs. if they are from the same region than the game, there shouldn't be any reason it's not detected or working.

you can try to install the DLC using ShowMiiNAND (update for vWii), maybe the loader is not properly extracting them?
without proper debugging, I can't tell.

Last edited by Cyan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how does usb loader gx know where to install the dlc? if you have three nand backups, which one would it choose? I can boot into neek with the game (no error), but I'm not sure if the dlc is installed correct. iirc, the game displayed "wad installed" or something like that when it was finished, but it shows nothing with the dlc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan , could the problem be ustealth? I know that wiiware stuff doesn't work without a special fat library. when you select neek in game settings, is it going to use the emuNAND path that you have selected? if I don't set a path and just use neek, it goes to a black screen.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ahh, you use ustealth ?
did you install the Ustealth compatible d2x ?

that'll fix incompatibility of the emuNAND, but not specific game compatibility (like castlevania) which will still require neek.
I didn't know neek had been updated to support ustealth drives. maybe there's no partition table check at all.

Yes, it uses the emuNAND path set in usbgx for both emuNAND and neek.
you need a path ! how else do you want neek to know where is the emuNAND folder to use ?

If you use the real "neek" (not neek2o) then it's not working with subfolders at all, and you need the dumped nand folders to be located on root.
if you use neek2o, you need to specify a path. don't use a big path, don't use a too small either !
sd:/nands/01/ <--- Very good
sd:/nands/nand1/ <-- very good
sd:/nands/pl_us/ <-- very good (commonly used by "Post Loader" for USA NAND)
sd:/nand/ <-- too small
sd:/nands/my super hyper fun emu nand dump/ <-- too long

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2