'Mega Man 11' Release Date Announced

mega man 1.JPG

In a press release today, Capcom confirmed the release date of the next installment in the Mega Man series, Mega Man 11, in celebration of the series’ 30th anniversary. The new title is said to blend the classic side-scrolling action gameplay with some new features like the all-new Double Gear system and a fresh new look.

In the events of Mega Man 11, long-time mustachioed series villain Dr. Wily is back to his mischievous ways and has had a true flash of evil genius, deciding to invest in an ambitious idea from his time at Robot University where he studied alongside Dr. Light, Mega Man’s benevolent creator. Dr. Light, who also recalls this inventive idea, decides to upgrade Mega Man with this powerful prototype known as the Double Gear system, installing it into his circuits and expanding his abilities for the greatest fight yet for everlasting peace.

In the press release, Capcom gave some details about the new Double Gear system which offers options to enhance Mega Man’s speed and power on the fly.
  • Speed Gear - Introduces the ability to slow the flow of time, a useful tool for many situations such as navigating tricky platforming sections or avoiding fast-moving enemies or obstacles.
  • Power Gear - Allows players to charge the Mega Buster to a new level, and weapon-based abilities become even more robust.
  • Double Gear - When at critical health, Mega Man will gain access to a hidden ability to activate both gears simultaneously, unleashing maximum power and allowing for deft maneuvers in the direst situations.
Mega Man 11 hits the PlayStation 4 , Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC on October 2, 2018.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Xue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm a huge Mega Man fan ...and I'm disappointed. Is he really going to shout with every charged Mega Buster shot? It doesn't look bad, but not amazing.

How about Capcom does something non-"modern Capcom" and revives Mega Man Legends 3?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a huge Mega Man fan ...and I'm disappointed. Is he really going to shout with every charged Mega Buster shot? It doesn't look bad, but not amazing.

How about Capcom does something non-"modern Capcom" and revives Mega Man Legends 3?
Could you say the only thing mega here is your disappointment

Reactions: Sumasuun and Xue

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In a press release today, Capcom confirmed the release date of the next installment in the Mega Man series, Mega Man 11, in celebration of the series’ 30th anniversary. The new title is said to blend the classic side-scrolling action gameplay with some new features like the all-new Double Gear system and a fresh new look.

In the press release, Capcom gave some details about the new Double Gear system which offers options to enhance Mega Man’s speed and power on the fly.
  • Speed Gear - Introduces the ability to slow the flow of time, a useful tool for many situations such as navigating tricky platforming sections or avoiding fast-moving enemies or obstacles.
  • Power Gear - Allows players to charge the Mega Buster to a new level, and weapon-based abilities become even more robust.
  • Double Gear - When at critical health, Mega Man will gain access to a hidden ability to activate both gears simultaneously, unleashing maximum power and allowing for deft maneuvers in the direst situations.
Mega Man 11 hits the PlayStation 4 , Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC on October 2, 2018.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

not sure how I feel about the art style but i'll still play it

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The art style feels so bland and generic. Soulless piece of software, begone! You don't belong in this world.

I'm better off playing Bloodstained Curse of the Moon.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlike others here I'm excited for this release. It's not a big change like MM7 was, and movement makes it look like it will play like the originals. The double-gear system makes me excited to see how speed-runners will tackle this title. Some other pre-order material may have been nice other than an alternate soundtrack, like a protoman skin or alternate character, but that's probably being saved for future DLC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: