Mega Man 11 for Switch will not be getting physical release in Europe

IMG_8274.JPG

North America and Japan were treated to the announcement of not only a physical Nintendo Switch release for the upcoming Mega Man 11, but also a matching amiibo to go along with it. However, not much was heard on the European front, leaving fans wondering. Capcom EU has finally put questions to rest, by letting Europeans know that they definitively will not be getting a physical release of Mega Man 11 on the Switch, meaning the region will have to buy it digitally, and they additionally have "nothing to announce at this time" regarding the amiibo. Plans for physical releases on other platforms were not disclosed either. Mega Man 11 will be launching on October 2 of this year.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

I will skip this entry if there is no physical release. Probably download a "backup file" 5 years later when the dust has been settled.:P

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Until a ton of people refuse to buy digital only games this crap will just continue. There are a lot more people who don't care or like getting games digitally because it's more convenient. Of course the latter are probably also the people who brag about how many games are in their Steam library even though they probably only play ≤10% of them.

Short of protesting and games selling very few digital copies this digital only or push for digital copies won't go anywhere. As long as games keep selling tons of units digitally companies like Capcom will think that it's the best option.

The only reason I don't import European physical copies of some digital only games is because I don't want to have to worry about censorship.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom are such babies.... Look at the legacy collection on switch you only get half of it on the card. There is no excuse for megaman legacy 1+2. 1 takes 400megs, 3 takes 1.3 gigs. they are already printing the cart so why not use a 2 gig cart. not saving much using a 1 gb cart. Id like to be able to put the cart in my switch and play all megaman games. screw your half download shit crapcom...... tiny little babies...

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom are such babies.... Look at the legacy collection on switch you only get half of it on the card. There is no excuse for megaman legacy 1+2. 1 takes 400megs, 3 takes 1.3 gigs. they are already printing the cart so why not use a 2 gig cart. not saving much using a 1 gb cart. Id like to be able to put the cart in my switch and play all megaman games. screw your half download shit crapcom...... tiny little babies...

And yet they release the SF2 collection with 12 arcade games on it; sure they're emulated, but still, they are ROMs and some arcade ROMs are massive, so yeah, what's their BS excuse? Capcom failed.

Reactions: Captain_N

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's the rationale here? Is it costs? Some regulatory snafus? What is it?
The only thing I could think of is that somehow the fact that Europe is a large number of seperate countries with their own legislation and languages is a problem. They'd need different packaging for French, German, Spanish and what not, and there may be legal differences too?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We Europeans have been mega busted :(

Yeah, even back in the day they were busted. Slow PAL system back in the day, many games released later than JP/NA, atleast back in the day.
Region lock bull****. I'm serious even a casual gamer can detect the speed differences.

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no console on the market today, that has region locking (except the PS4 for Blu-ray discs). Though each region for every console still gets it's own release, which all that happens is they can slap a code on it and regulate the game in select regions. The only thing that ever gets affected on importing games, is that if there's any additional DLC, it won't be available to the imported region without having to change the eShop region.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Japan, Canada and America are three countries. How many countries are about in the European continent? 50 more or less.

It's a business call by Capcom and understandable why, if it doesn't sell too well or they over-produce then they risk selling at a loss and no businessman likes that.

And keep in mind, just because Capcom is releasing a PS4/XO version in Europe it doesn't mean the same should be done for the Switch version. Switch uses carts which are expensive for publishers to use.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We Europeans have been mega busted :(
You are? Huh, didn't guess since your flag is from Israel.

PriMieon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Assholes, guess I will be importing
Where do you live? I can import it for 20 Euros. God bless the army apo box. It's 30 USD but with Amazon prime it's only 24 USD which is roughly 22 Euros. (Shipping is free although I live in Germany)
If you live in Germany I could get you a copy for 28 Euros roughly

Reactions: kumikochan

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Where do you live? I can import it for 20 Euros. God bless the army apo box. It's 30 USD but with Amazon prime it's only 24 USD which is roughly 22 Euros. (Shipping is free although I live in Germany)
If you live in Germany I could get you a copy for 28 Euros roughly
Belgium, that is cool for you to do. But have a brother living in Mexicali so he can send me a gift package from over there. But def useful for other people living in Germany

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Reason: The REAL reason for this is because the games were split in half across ALL platforms. To add it back to one cart would require them to recode and compile a new version or create a launcher.

Rumor: Additionally I have heard rumors of Nintendo isn't on board with having multiple games being launched from one cart (hence why all of Capcom's multi disc releases on other platforms have been digital only on Switch) as there is no support for it and again that launcher I mentioned.

My comment: Capcom isn't going to create a new version specifically for the Switch when the other versions for PS4/XBO are cheaper to produce and will make as much money. While I agree this is stupid, vote with your wallet, let them know you aren't ok with this by not buying the Switch version and when they wonder why sales were so bad they might rethink things and do it correctly as the fans asked for it to be done. The worst case they pull support for the Switch, while possible, would be foolish on their part.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Reason: The REAL reason for this is because the games were split in half across ALL platforms. To add it back to one cart would require them to recode and compile a new version or create a launcher.

Rumor: Additionally I have heard rumors of Nintendo isn't on board with having multiple games being launched from one cart (hence why all of Capcom's multi disc releases on other platforms have been digital only on Switch) as there is no support for it and again that launcher I mentioned.

My comment: Capcom isn't going to create a new version specifically for the Switch when the other versions for PS4/XBO are cheaper to produce and will make as much money. While I agree this is stupid, vote with your wallet, let them know you aren't ok with this by not buying the Switch version and when they wonder why sales were so bad they might rethink things and do it correctly as the fans asked for it to be done. The worst case they pull support for the Switch, while possible, would be foolish on their part.
Then they should def give out a statement it is Nintendo being bitchy because now it is only damaging Capcom as a brand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@