Gaming Mega Man 11 Firmware?

kujakiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I got a switch + mm11 today. I was able to confirm via the "check serial number" thread that this switch is considered "safe" to mod. It first came already installed with the 4.1 system menu. However it would never allow me to even "load" megaman 11 at all period ...unless i was forced to update. And so i decided to go ahead with it, now im on 5.1 like all the replies here.

My question is, and first of all i know were "never" supposed to update if we'd like to use any kind of homebrew. I understand all that, however once again, if i try to look at any leaderboards, it prompts that dang "please update switch" again ...im assuming it's for the latest 6.x :(

I don't have a nintendo account thing yet... but it doesnt matter if i pick "login" or create new account cause it will always try to force that darn "update now!!" message all the time..

Basically im never allowed to look at leaderboards for the forseeable future on megaman 11...unless i do the dumb 6.01 update (i assume) ..right ?? :| I just want to clarify

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^ my guess is no, since it's an online feature. I think you can check firmware requirements with nps tool and switch backup manager. one or both tell you this. I've actually been downloading each game that I buy for the day when I do hack the system or buy a second system to test games with.

kujakiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^ my guess is no, since it's an online feature. I think you can check firmware requirements with nps tool and switch backup manager. one or both tell you this. I've actually been downloading each game that I buy for the day when I do hack the system or buy a second system to test games with.

Hmm darn that's what i was afraid of. I wanted to be able to check out the rankings for Time Attack and the other challenge modes every once in awhile.

And as for homebrew ..i was mainly only interested in just using emulators (like retroarch, and probably the one thread i saw on this board somewhere about playing "game maker" stuff ..cause im curious if "Mega Man Maker" or "make a good megaman level contest 2" would work on the switch, since it was made in game maker, or Game Maker Studio i think)

I have not done any homebrew hack or anything like that yet since i only had this switch for less than 1 day so far. But i guess ..the second i was to go to 6.01 ...then i kill all chance of both or "1 or the other" sides. :(

Last edited by kujakiller,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm darn that's what i was afraid of. I wanted to be able to check out the rankings for Time Attack and the other challenge modes every once in awhile.

And as for homebrew ..i was mainly only interested in just using emulators (like retroarch, and probably the one thread i saw on this board somewhere about playing "game maker" stuff ..cause im curious if "Mega Man Maker" or "make a good megaman level contest 2" would work on the switch, since it was made in game maker, or Game Maker Studio i think)

I have not done any homebrew hack or anything like that yet since i only had this switch for less than 1 day so far. But i guess ..the second i was to go to 6.01 ...then i kill all chance of both or "1 or the other" sides. :(

I don't know for sure, but the system does try to force a format on you if you try to access any online services. I think you can remove the nag by going into system settings and deleting all content but saves (there's a one-click button for this). I seem to recall reading that somewhere. I've also heard about going into the recovery menu to remove it. I personally don't care much about updating my system. I figure if I do hack it I"ll just buy a second system. since there are no cables, it's an easy swap between systems. :)

kujakiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. I wont be able to afford (for now) to buy a 2nd switch. And yea i actually did the "go to recovery" thing last night once. Kept accidently hitting that home menu button to the left of Y, and it's automatically pointed by default to "update now now now!!" heh

So then i did the recovery thing with holding the volume buttons plus power ..then immediately turn off, and now i dont accidently get that prompt now.

I do want to ask 1 more thing to you or any experts here. Since i still want to view mm 11 leaderboards ...and CANT unless i pick update. :( Well, if i go ahead with it and create nintendo account, login, etc - is this just a 1-time-only deal ?? (i really hope so)
Or.. is this going to happen again immediately the day a System Menu 7.0 comes out ?? :( Where your never allowed to view anything without updating first.

I just want to be extra sure.

Last edited by kujakiller,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)