GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised to see no discussion of this game here. MoHH2's online gameplay, I would've thought, would be really popular among Wii-owning Tempers. No?

Anyway, the game's been out for almost a month. Anyone still playing online? What did you think of its online overall?

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to get myself to rank 25 in the top 100 ea leader board of this game somehow.

It's not that good of a game really.

And it seems also the new thing is there is always someone on each team that just sits at the teams base with a bazooka and kills their own teammates. over and over. and over. and you can vote them off but i think half the people playing don't realize you can. so if you start a vote to kick them from the game nobody ever really votes and it always fails.

also you can set the game up so if someone kills x number of teammates they are automatically kicked from the game. but again most people are too stupid to realize this and don't implement it into the game they start..

don't pay actual money for this game. is basically what im saying. there are too many people willing to ruin online gameplay to waste your hard earned money on it.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eeek!
blink.gif
*dashes my hopes for this game*

Ah well, the wife already put it under the tree for me. But, hopefully, I'll enjoy it, all the same. I do appreciate what you're saying, though, and it's part of the reason I never got into MPH too much. But at least with Heroes 2 there's little chance of hacking...yet.

That said, I've been playing Warcraft 3: TFT for about four years now (going on five) -- mostly DotA -- and there are pukes on there as well, but I've still managed to stay addicted to that game. Of course, you can get your frustration out by talking trash.
shy.gif

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, definitely don't let the people trying to ruin it for you succeed. You'll enjoy it!
smile.gif

Despite all that I've said, I do play it every day and have since I got it. A quick CTF game is a really fun way to pass some time.

dreadyz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I live in France and finally got tired of waiting and downloaded the US version. The single player campaign is pretty fun, but I only tried the multiplayer once and did terribly.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got it. Bought it even ;D

And the online multiplayer's fun when your teammates know how to throw a grenade right D:!

Srs. I'll be having this omega firefight with this one guy. We're circling, blasting away (Because for some reason, it takes a lot longer to kill someone than usual) at each other. And then, my teammate decides, "LOL. I GAN 2 HELP MAI BUDI. I GAN 2 THROW GRNAID."

He throws it allright.
It blows up.

The guy I was shooting at is now dead. AND SO AM I. I lose a score point for that. FOR THAT.

And then you gotta love the "LOL ZEEEEEEEERK." attitude of your teammates when they see you lob a grenade at an enemy.
Thus killing themselves in the process. 90% of the time, the enemy has moved away. ONCE AGAIN, LOWERING YOUR SCORE.

But all in all, it's still a nice game.
I'ma go try a CTF game as a matter of fact.
Never tried one.

Edit: Just played one. Fun as all get-out.
Nothin' beats the rush of lobbing a grenade into a group of enemies defending the flag.
Letting it explode.
Then running in and gunnin' them down!

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And then you gotta love the "LOL ZEEEEEEEERK." attitude of your teammates when they see you lob a grenade at an enemy.
Thus killing themselves in the process. 90% of the time, the enemy has moved away. ONCE AGAIN, LOWERING YOUR SCORE.

bahhahaha they are like moths to a light. Not only does it lower your score but after a couple idiots do it there is the possibility you get kicked from the game for excessive team killing. Which happened to me earlier and made me want to put the remote through the tv.

Also the clumsy retards with bazookas. every 2 min you see a minute long scroll of casulaties on the screen
"bazookaidiot929 killed themselves
bazookaidiot929 killed enemy shithead
bazookaidiot929 killed teammate shithead2
bazookaidiot929 killed people not even playing in this game"

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Also the clumsy retards with bazookas. every 2 min you see a minute long scroll of casulaties on the screen
"bazookaidiot929 killed themselves
bazookaidiot929 killed enemy shithead
bazookaidiot929 killed teammate shithead2
bazookaidiot929 killed people not even playing in this game"

rofl2.gif
Good stuff.

Well, don't hang up your controllers yet. I look forward to playing in just a short time (tryin' to convince the wife to let us open presents early
wub.gif
).

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can add my Persona:

JPH1993

PM me if you did, and let me know yours too!

Cool, man. Will do. Umm...I should be breakin' the game open tomorrow, but I'll likely try to go through at least a good bit of the campaign mode before going online. This way I can familiarize myself with the controls. But it will be nice to hook up with someone who can perhaps watch my back (and vice versa) during matches.
biggrin.gif

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can add my Persona:

JPH1993

PM me if you did, and let me know yours too!

Cool, man. Will do. Umm...I should be breakin' the game open tomorrow, but I'll likely try to go through at least a good bit of the campaign mode before going online. This way I can familiarize myself with the controls. But it will be nice to hook up with someone who can perhaps watch my back (and vice versa) during matches.
biggrin.gif

lol i still havent played campaign mode yet

don't know if i have the patience to play through another ww2 game! haha maybe one day

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i still havent played campaign mode yet

don't know if i have the patience to play through another ww2 game! haha maybe one day

Yeah, it plays out much like Bros. In Arms for the DS did (although in the first-person, of course). I played through the first two missions, and I'm glad I did. The controls were wild and unwieldy at the start (I cranked everything way up before beginning), so I needed to tinker with them. Even then, it is still taking a lot of getting used to. But I jumped online after fooling some with the campaign mode and it was a lot of fun. My wrists are aching.
biggrin.gif

As you can imagine, I got pwned a ton, but online was great fun too. I'll still have to learn the ropes though and work on my aim. Most of my kills seemed to be luck more than anything else, and it's darn hard to take a dude down, even when zoomed in with the A-button.

BTW, is there a way to reload with a button press when you're online? I couldn't seem to find an option for that or an option to toss grenades with a button (though that one I don't really mind, since it's pretty fun to perform).

EDIT: Just adding my EA persona: Kirbinator
Feel free to add me and tell me your persona if you'd like me to add you to my roster.

mackem

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is a fun game online. I'm rubbish at it and get clipped a lot and I need about 20 shots at someone before they die but it's still a good game.

I noticed a lot of people running about leaned over. Are they tilting the nunchuk to do this?

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
BTW, is there a way to reload with a button press when you're online? I couldn't seem to find an option for that or an option to toss grenades with a button (though that one I don't really mind, since it's pretty fun to perform).

You probably know now but up on the d pad reloads. There's also a trick to reload faster online. You press the Z button to melee straight after reloading. It stops the reloading animation. Tossing a grenade is B button, that aims it, then you flick the wiimote.

It's hard to kill people, they need a full clip of bullets and even that doesn't work most times. I have more fun on the sniper only maps, at least they die with one bullet when hit accurately.

Setting the sensitivity is a must online. I crank the vertical movement to the top because it seems to be slower than horizontal movement, I have that about 3/4 with aiming sensitivity at about halfway and the deadspot at the smallest. It's a bit loose but fast at turning and aiming.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I bought the game here, and guess what

EA not only removed the online play from the australian and new zealand versions, they removed all multiplayer.
I heard it had split screen, well it definitely doesnt here.
Oh but they didn't remove it from the instruction manual, they've still got very clear instructions on how to play online.
took me a while to figure out there was no online, and EA is not offering any reason why they did it, they are offering full refunds tho.

But my local ebgames is really cool, I took it back today and decided to get warioware, and they gave me a classic controller for free
smile.gif

FUCK YOU EA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E