Hacking Maybe buying this but, want to ask...

rozzan143

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The slot-2 cyclo is it good i have v.7 on my DS havent flashed it yet. when im buying this can i play games and watch movies??
do i have to Flash my DS???

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, you can play games and movies and you have to have a passcard if you don't want to flash your DS.

Why would you buy a Slot-2 Cyclo?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The slot2 cyclo is a slot2 supercard clone with outdated firmware and not even cheaper. Why'd you go for that one?
And yes you can play games/movies on it, just like you can with any other card.
And you either need a passcard (which are nowadays the same price as a cheap slot2-flashcart that can also serve as a passcard) or get your nds flashed...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree with sinkhead. It may be cheap, but other cards are so much better.

For example, I just received my M3 Real for 24 euros. And it's probably the best Slot-1 cart available!

rozzan143

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yee im buying cyclo evu instead... its way to better
biggrin.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy one from someone that won't take too long to ship AND will replace from their stock if it's DOA. If you go through Team Cyclops for a replacement it looks like you'll be waiting a minimum of 3w and MUCH more likely longer.

i.e. If you can either buy from a local retail shop and either bring your DS and insist on testing it right there AND make sure that even if it does work that they'll exchange it from stock if it stops working in a few weeks or so.

If buying online, do NOT buy from mod-chip.com as they will NOT exchange from their stock, beyond that I don't know of any e-tailers in Europe to recomend as buying from mod-chip was my first purchase from Europe. (I thought that I'd get it quicker from them, but shipping to North America took forever, and the won't exchange from stock. Mine was DOA. It's a nice card but they've REALLY got ALOT of WORK to do CLEANING up their act before I'll recomend one. WAY too MANY reports of DOAs on the official forums and elsewhere.)

@Golden
Quality?! What quality?!

Still not sure what I'm going to get as alternative card before I ship my Evo back for exchange... down to M3 DS Real or Supercard DS ONE SDHC...

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If you can either buy from a local retail shop
Retail shop?! Pshhhh. I wish they had these in retail shops.

Anyway, NO ONE should be buying a batch 3 cyclo unless they love team cyclops' ass. This is probably one of the worst DOA incidents if not the worst I have ever heard of.

As for you cutterjohn, I recommend a acekard RPG as their shells kick ass! and come with 1G of memory.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he could, I would. It'd be worth if he could test it BEFORE buying, and they would replace it with stock if it died a few weeks or so after buying... It'd be worth the extra $$$.

ACEKARD R.P.G.: I looked at these before pulling the trigger on the Evo, but:
Bottomline is that I want a solid/reliable solution as quickly as I can to reduce what I carry around hardwarewise while travelling. The Evo was supposed to have done that for me, and given me time to leisurely pick up a backup, but... and so:

Acekard: well, I want another slot-1 fairly fast which means US based e-tailer only.

Realhotstuff got me an order in 2d, and I know that the replace faulty items from stock so they're good in my book, but they don't carry Acekards, and do carry M3/Supercard.

Divineo, my other much less preferred choice also carry M3s & SUpercard, but not Acekard...

Onboard FLASH I ONLY want to see for firmware, i.e. somethng that won't be changed often. I've got enough very good uSDs for any slot-1 card to work well for me already. The open source firmware/kernel look/sound interesting but I edidn't see much of a community yet when I checked several weeks ago, and anyways no US e-tailers that I'd consider buying from ATM carry it. Maybe after I'm settled with the Evo, and the backup, I'll feel like sending off to outer mongolia for an acekard and the accompanying 1m or so delivery time, but I'm not willing to do that right now.

[EDIT2]
And IIRC the Acekard RPG was fairly expensive comparatively speaking. The Evo is making me gunshy of higher price tagged cards ATM.

Bamboogaming: shipping time would suck. Took 2w for my Evo to get to the US from Austria! Almost as bad as ordering from HK.

My prior order from RHS took 2d.
[/EDIT2]

EDIT1: Fixed up some comments a little.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bamboo gaming has the acekard for $84 shipping included but I don't know how fast their shipping is as it is from australia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea you right... Google browser sucks ass, but they're search engine is pretty good.