GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joktan said:
Fragile dreams wii.silent hill(multiple systems)
Fragile Dreams all the way!
yaywii.gif
Good story and Sound Track

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, Trauma Center (all 3) has a REALLY good story line, and it's very suspenseful, as well as emotional... I started playing because of a recommendation by a friend, but I didn't think I would like it... I keep playing it because of the story, not the gameplay
tongue.gif

Edit: I don't really know if it would count as a 'mature' story line, but it is a good one... It does have a few minor bad words...

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll recommend Trauma Center. Like I said earlier though - Mature for her (and for me, really) doesn't mean blood, gore, swearing, etc - it's just something that would be enjoyed by adults for it's rich story and mind twists and such. She's really into stuff that messes with your head, which is why she LOVED Strange Journey.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
I'll recommend Trauma Center. Like I said earlier though - Mature for her (and for me, really) doesn't mean blood, gore, swearing, etc - it's just something that would be enjoyed by adults for it's rich story and mind twists and such. She's really into stuff that messes with your head, which is why she LOVED Strange Journey.
Indigo Prophecy. She'll love it.

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, thanks. I'll recommend it to her as well. She's only got a GC / DSiXl / Wii though. I'm sure she'll find some way to play it.

Thanks for all of the recommendations guys. If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The second Assassin's Creed is definitely worth playing even if you didn't enjoy the first.

I was about to suggest TWEWY; probably the only game I've played on the DS with such a psychological and philosophical bent, and it's an extreme shame that there aren't more.

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One I'd suggest for the DS is Theresia: Dear Emile. It's got two stories that I'd class has a creepy kinda horror adventure game, it has a first person view point, there's no fighting but you can get hurt by stuff that you touch.
It's definitely got an involving storyline and lots of exploration to uncover the story, try it out.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I second theresia.
even though I didn't play it it looks interesting.

I'm surprised noone said "time hollow" yet!
time travelling and story twists? CHECK!
this game has become kind of an urban legend around here...

"lux pain" is interesting as well but I got a bit tired and stopped halfway through...might pick it up again though

I also suggest the 2 "secret files" games for the wii(or the ds) and "broken sword" for wii(or ds again)
engaging story lines based around real-world events that mix ancient brotherhoods and organizations?
HELL YEAH!she's gonna like those two GUARANTEED

has she got a pc? since we're on the adventure genre atm I also suggest the GABRIEL KNIGHT series(ALL OF THEM) and THE DIG
if you know what I'm talking about,those names will send chills down your spine and you'll go and watch youtube videos if not install them and replay them...
truly UNIQUE and TIMELESS games...if she wants story, she can't go wrong with GK and the dig.

a couple more "adventure-action" games for pc that should really mess with her(like eternal darkness did) are "penumbra" 1,2 and "amnesia:the dark descent"
you want a messed up psyche? ya got it!

that's all from me
smile.gif

damn,I'd like to meet this girl
biggrin.gif

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If she's got a PC, you I'd strongly recommend Saya no Uta.
Do note, however, that Saya no Uta is 18+ for a reason.
Also, it's a Visual Novel.

If she likes anime, she should definitely watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
Also, I heard that the VN Chaos;Head is quite good, but I can't get it to work on my laptop.
It has also got an anime adaption, but don't watch it.

Or so I heard. :3

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We played through both Penumbra's together (and Call of Cthulu ) - great games - especially with the limited combat system. Really interesting.

Thanks for the titles, guys. She's got a Netbook, but I'm not sure if it's up and running. If it is, I'll suggest the other PC titles as well. I'll personally look into a few of them as well (though I'm not one for Horror - Penumbra's limited viewing system scared the hell out of me.) I told her to look into

lux-pain
Theresia: Dear Emile
Secret Files: Tunguska
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

As well as a few other games earlier posters has mentioned. I'll look into Saya no Uta before setting it up for her - she's only 16, and her parents are pretty strict about certain kinds of content.

Thanks again, guys. If you've got any other suggestions, please do give them to me.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your looking for a good story with a bunch of sub plots that twist and turn and isn't a visual novel, I'd recommend Knight of the Old Republic. There really aren't many games that have good stories so good luck finding some.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
About Saya no Uta: It's full of gore and graphic depictions of sex, a little bit of tentacle [censored], and more.

If her parents are strict about it, it probably wouldn't be a very good idea. >->

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
mature doesn't always mean hentai monster sex action

I KNOW! it was a shock to me at first as well lol

be sure to check "amnesia:the dark descent"!!
it's the same as penumbra but based in scary ass castles and mansions...actually...I think it's from the people that made penumbra.
if you liked penumbra you'll like amnesia 100000%

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Front mission wasnt adult rated, but there was a decent amount of swearing and people die and stuff. Its kinda creepy and stuff.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner although she's propably played it already...

killer 7 on the gamecube
no more heroes 1,2 on the wii

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Windaga said:
We played through both Penumbra's together (and Call of Cthulu ) - great games - especially with the limited combat system. Really interesting.

Thanks for the titles, guys. She's got a Netbook, but I'm not sure if it's up and running. If it is, I'll suggest the other PC titles as well. I'll personally look into a few of them as well (though I'm not one for Horror - Penumbra's limited viewing system scared the hell out of me.) I told her to look into

lux-pain

As well as a few other games earlier posters has mentioned. I'll look into Saya no Uta before setting it up for her - she's only 16, and her parents are pretty strict about certain kinds of content.

Thanks again, guys. If you've got any other suggestions, please do give them to me.

this reminds me of another game: Time Hollow!!! I really like it, but maybe it isn't really "mature". I think the story is more like a normal anime, but I really enjoyed it, so I think it works for "mature" people too. (Yes, my fav games are silent hill eternal darkness and more)

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Issac said:
Windaga said:

lux-pain

this reminds me of another game: Time Hollow!!! I really like it, but maybe it isn't really "mature". I think the story is more like a normal anime, but I really enjoyed it, so I think it works for "mature" people too. (Yes, my fav games are silent hill eternal darkness and more)

haha! way ahead of ya!
lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7