Hacking Masterboy 2.02 Pokemon Crystal Clock Screws Up On Load

IndustryStandard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSP 3000 with Pro 660 CFW C2 firmware. With Masterboy 2.02 signed.

I was told by multiple people, and reading online it supports the real time clock for Pokemon games, so I figured okay, I went on Pokemon Crystal set the correct time (3:15pm) I saved the game in game, and I saved a state.

I then quit Masterboy, and waited until 3:20pm and loaded the game up.

I use the ingame load, only to find it is for some reason 11am now, this is the same for loading the state too.

I really REALLY hate homers rin, its so ugly, the config doesn't save, and just feels bleh.

Then I read online where people use the clock on Masterboy with no problem and I get frustrated. Does anyone know whats wrong? FYI. I am using a modified Crystal Rom, but the rom works fine on homers rin and on the computer emulator with no issues. And I just tested it on a clean rom with the same results. Only the time was 7pm on a Friday instead.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Masterboy 2.02 is old. Try EmuMaster, its the more up to date version of Masterboy. Google search this " EmuMaster v3.GX FF XIII Edition " and you should be able to find it easy and install it. Should have no issues then.

IndustryStandard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Masterboy 2.02 is old. Try EmuMaster, its the more up to date version of Masterboy. Google search this " EmuMaster v3.GX FF XIII Edition " and you should be able to find it easy and install it. Should have no issues then.

Actually Emumaster was a scam, the person only changed the icon and title, someone on the dashhacks forum pointed that out.

Masterboy 2.02 is the latest legit release, any of the releases after were fake.

And yes I have tried emumaster and masterboy 2.10, they didn't work either.

Reactions: cvskid

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Funny, the only game that showed some graphical glitches with me was Shantae.

Hmmm... What about Retro Arch PSP? Have you tried?

Reckless-0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a fundamental problem with all older cartridge based games that relied on a battery to keep the time. As a real life non emulation example... the battery on my old Pokemon Silver died and now I can no longer save the game on the cartridge at all as a loss of power causes all the data to be lost. (that or I can play the game in one sitting).

My own understanding would be that in order for the time to update properly the emulator would have to pull the current time from the device and then edit that information into the save prior to loading the rom file. I also believe this would have to be programmed on a game by game basis as each game would hold the time in a different location on the save file. I could be completely off base but figured I would explain at the very least how I understand it. Bugs the crap out of me too... which is why I tend to stick to Soul Silver on my tablet for my emulation needs.

IndustryStandard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the thing is, is that HomersRin works just fine with the clock, and the source code for Masterboy is floating around where anyone could apply a fix.

I was really hoping someone smart would update Masterboy and fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.