Gaming Master of the Monster Lair

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xylez said:
coud you explain to me what the game is like?

Through some snappy introductory dialogue your character who must be named 'Owen' for some reason, finds a magic shovel. It is the answer to your village's problem, an overabundance of monsters.

So you set out to create your very own underground slum housing estate for monsters, via your magic shovel. With a little start up capitol from the town mayor.

The village very conveniently sells you materials (different rooms you can build), and the tools to begin earning your lively hood (weapons and magic). Each night monsters move into the rooms you place on the current floor you're renovating.

By day you visit your underground slum housing estate for monsters and shake down your tenants for the rent, earning money, items and ingredients (which you can sell to the town store). You re-invest your money by buying more 'rooms', until such time as the particular floor you're currently working on of your underground slum hou dungeon holds enough monsters to attract a 'boss' monster which guards the stairs down to the next level/floor.

Ingredients are used in different meal recipes which some female eye candy you never asked, cooks for you each evening. Each recipe permanently increases Owen's statistics (strength, intelligence, constitution etc). Occasionally your 'woman in the kitchen' is sent to the mayor's house to 'perform services' that result in him investing more funds.

Its a shady landlord sim...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried starting it up last night, and after a lot of uninteresting text, I was brought to a sort of town map. I had no clue what I supposed to do, pressed either the Y or X button -- I don't remember -- and it brought up a list of "how to"s. I promptly shut the game off. I'll come back to it, but I just wasn't in the mood for a game that requires me to do work. I usually do that before playing a game.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm only on the third floor,the game itself is pretty addicting and the magic shovel makes me
laugh.gif

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am now on floor 8 (of 10, I believe) so if anyone is actually playing this and wants my help/advice on a level.. let me know.

As far as the game goes, it isnt all that good, yet at the same time, what can I say.. Im addicted.

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
argh...level 5.

ive got iron mail, helm, boots and shield equipped and about 70 monsters- what am i missing?

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
okay, so i went and built 6 extra single rooms, had a battle and boom! the floors suddenly became tiled stone.
which made me remember the previous level which turned blue.

so i'm thinking this may or may not be some sort of indicator:
once you've fulfilled the requirements to attract the boss, the floor may physically change!

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting thing I discovered:

This may be common knowledge for some of you, but I found it interesting.
As I was trying to get the floor 8 boss to appear, I had spent tons of money and went into the dungeon and it still hadnt appeared so I turned off the game, restarted in town, bought more rooms went back into the dungeon and before I even placed the room down, the boss spawned.. so I was like wtf so I turned off the game, turned it back on and this time the boss didnt spawn again. Turned it off went back in and nothing. Turned it off and went back in and the boss spawned!

So I am guessing what is happening is that when you enter the dungeon different amounts (and/or types) of creatures are spawning (some like to spawn in hallways etc) so if you are sure you have met all the requirements it couldnt hurt to reload the game once or twice just to make sure you dont waste money that doesnt need to be wasted.

Hope that helps some of you
smile.gif

Xylez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Porkdish said:
Xylez said:
coud you explain to me what the game is like?

Through some snappy introductory dialogue your character who must be named 'Owen' for some reason, finds a magic shovel. It is the answer to your village's problem, an overabundance of monsters.

So you set out to create your very own underground slum housing estate for monsters, via your magic shovel. With a little start up capitol from the town mayor.

The village very conveniently sells you materials (different rooms you can build), and the tools to begin earning your lively hood (weapons and magic). Each night monsters move into the rooms you place on the current floor you're renovating.

By day you visit your underground slum housing estate for monsters and shake down your tenants for the rent, earning money, items and ingredients (which you can sell to the town store). You re-invest your money by buying more 'rooms', until such time as the particular floor you're currently working on of your underground slum hou dungeon holds enough monsters to attract a 'boss' monster which guards the stairs down to the next level/floor.

Ingredients are used in different meal recipes which some female eye candy you never asked, cooks for you each evening. Each recipe permanently increases Owen's statistics (strength, intelligence, constitution etc). Occasionally your 'woman in the kitchen' is sent to the mayor's house to 'perform services' that result in him investing more funds.

Its a shady landlord sim...

Thanks for the info
wink.gif

Sure looks more interesting then the vids do
Sounds a little bit like Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon, i mean you had to make money, build monster houses, go in dungeons, clearing them by killing the boss, gathering stuff in the dungeon
but thats only a good thing i guess because i was really addicted to that game xD

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
InuYasha said:
Wait theres only 10 floors? and for the record the 100 days thing is a rumor incase anyone was wondering.......

Yup only 10 floors. After that...

The credits roll, then the game continutes on to floor 11... Maybe not so surprising since almost half the monster list is missing
*EDIT*
I am on floor 13 now.. DAMN Floor 11 boss was insanely hard but floor 12 was easy.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just made it to the 5th floor yesterday
biggrin.gif
,havn't played it today yet cause ninjatown currently has me playing it instead......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...