Nintendo DS hoarder
OP
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
After COVID is all said and done, will you still wear masks? Plenty of us have bought nice reusable masks, and I wanted to know what you'll do with them after COVID. Will you still walk around showing off your cool masks, or do you think you'll be all masked out?

I think I'll keep wearing mine. I've spent good money on masks, and I like how they look on me. (though I might look a bit weird if everyone else stops wearing masks)

Edit: Ok, COVID probably will be here forever, but I mean after COVID becomes like the flu or something

Last edited by rvtr,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, from what I read in this thread, I understand masks are not mandatory to wear in the UK when you go shopping or enter any other inside public places? Here, we have to wear them everywhere inside. There is even a system in place where people not fully vaccinated (2 shots) cannot enter a restaurant.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not wearing one now. I'm vaccinated anyway and I don't like how they make it harder to breathe or how they look so I just try to avoid crowded times of day (and avoid going out as much as possible, really)
But I don't think covid is ever going to go away fully, we're always going to have to be careful so there isn't a resurgence. I hope they keep the hand sanitizer dispensers in stores and malls, it's just a good idea in general, if you don't get sick with covid, you could get sick with something else. The store nearest me has a sink with soap so people can wash their hands after touching their old empty beer cans or whatever and some spilled on them, that also works as an alternative to hand sanitizer, but it takes longer so people are less likely to use it.
Probably the people (by and large) think of the greater good rather than conspiracy theories that make no sense at any level
5G CaUsEs cOvId
bIlL GaTeS PuT MiCrO TrAnSmItTeRs iN ThE VaX
ThE GoVeRnMeNt iS TrYiNg tO CoNtRoL YoU ThRoUgH ThE VaX

What really astounds me, is that a majority of these people who come up with or at least regurgitate this at you are the same people who used to tell me to be careful not to believe everything you read online. But man, put it with a fucking Minion meme and you 100% truthful
That's because they're joking/trolling. The sad thing is that if enough people joke about something eventually people start believing they're being genuine and they start gaining a following. Wouldn't surprise me if flat earth started as a joke.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hardly anyone wearing masks around here for a while now. It's mostly just the older people inside supermarkets and other shops. The best part is there's none of that shouting and shaming, people generally respecting others and doing what they think is best for themselves.
This is kind of my stance. I have my opinion on the whole thing but respect everyone's choice to do as they please when it comes to it.

Reactions: ChiefReginod

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Hardly see anyone with a mask on anymore. Still wear mine anytime I'm outside.

I can't see covid ending anytime soon, but assuming it ends eventually, I don't really care either way. I find the straps on N95 masks can be irritatingly tight or the cloth ones slipping down and having to be readjusted constantly, but I also kind of like the fact that I don't have to try as hard to fake smile at people trying to talk to me at the checkout or whatever. Could take it or leave it.

Reactions: SANIC, rvtr and Xzi

Spring_Spring

Not Exactly Spotless
Trophies
Website
spring-enterprises.neocities.org
XP
Country
Denmark
Hardly anyone wearing masks around here for a while now. It's mostly just the older people inside supermarkets and other shops. The best part is there's none of that shouting and shaming, people generally respecting others and doing what they think is best for themselves.
That sounds nice, thankfully I have never experienced anyone being shamed because of using masks or not here, that sounds fucking horrible. Situation here is much like yours as well.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
That sounds nice, thankfully I have never experienced anyone being shamed because of using masks or not here, that sounds fucking horrible. Situation here is much like yours as well.
According to a comment on page 1 of this thread, I'm a "trash human being" for not wearing one

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Covid will never go away i guess.... so we have to adapt to it just like if you have a cold, there is no way covid will go away (Not at least winhin now and 5 or maybe 10 years)

There is some chance that it will go away. Not sure how many people here remember the first SARS-Cov pandemic about 20 years ago, but that one almost entirely disappeared after about 2 years and there was no vaccines back then. It's true that SARS-Cov-2 is much more virulent (gain of function research tends to have that effect) so it could last a lot longer, but with proper contact-tracing and isolation it should be possible again.

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only places I wear a mask are on public transport and shops that I don't know so when it's no longer a legal requirement I'll stop wearing them all together.

The only time I see myself wearing masks after that is if I have a cold so I don't spread it as much.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad I had covid early on. I couldn't imagine having to live in a constant state of fear this whole time. I feel bad for those who weren't so "lucky."

I don't see any scenarios where it ever goes away. I've already made peace with this fact. And for the sake of your mental health I suggest you all do as well. Take solace in the fact that you'll probably only get it bad once. Maybe you'll even luck out and RNG the asymptomatic type (I wasn't so lucky).

Guggimon

GBAtemp's Fucker, Alt Banned and McFuckaroo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is some chance that it will go away. Not sure how many people here remember the first SARS-Cov pandemic about 20 years ago, but that one almost entirely disappeared after about 2 years and there was no vaccines back then. It's true that SARS-Cov-2 is much more virulent (gain of function research tends to have that effect) so it could last a lot longer, but with proper contact-tracing and isolation it should be possible again.
I remember SARS but i wasn't old enough back then to understand that, but indeed if everyone sticks to the rules and such, Covid will be gone in no time

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Covid will never go away i guess.... so we have to adapt to it just like if you have a cold, there is no way covid will go away (Not at least winhin now and 5 or maybe 10 years)

The flu variant that caused a global pandemic in 1968-69 is still around. (Woodstock happened during a pandemic, imagine that.) Covid will never be gone, it'll just weaken vs. human immunity with time. Like any/all flu-type virus, it will still be killing a small number of old/immuno-weak people every year, for decades. We are, at some point, going to have to come to terms with that. The annual death rate attributed to "flu" before Covid, just in the USA, was about 60,000. That was normal.

I got the shots, and I now wear a mask only when being forced in order to keep my job -- which fortunately has not been the case since June. If I lived in a densely populated city, there are some public situations where I might wear a mask, but it wouldn't be due to Covid specifically/only.

Reactions: Guggimon

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember SARS but i wasn't old enough back then to understand that, but indeed if everyone sticks to the rules and such, Covid will be gone in no time
The key difference is that SARS wasn't anywhere near as infectious.

Plus, COVID started with presumably one infection. So if there's at least one person in some random country that still has it, it could start all over again. And that's not even factoring in that viruses can survive for years in standard freezers and other such scenarios. It seems like no one wants to accept that it's endemic, but they were projecting that even in the early days last year.

Guggimon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flu variant that caused a global pandemic in 1968-69 is still around. (Woodstock happened during a pandemic, imagine that.) Covid will never be gone, it'll just weaken vs. human immunity with time. Like any/all flu-type virus, it will still be killing a small number of old/immuno-weak people every year, for decades. We are, at some point, going to have to come to terms with that. The annual death rate attributed to "flu" before Covid, just in the USA, was about 60,000. That was normal.

I got the shots, and I now wear a mask only when being forced in order to keep my job -- which fortunately has not been the case since June. If I lived in a densely populated city, there are some public situations where I might wear a mask, but it wouldn't be due to Covid specifically/only.
True I think Covid will never go away so we have to accept its existence and if we die from it we have no other choice other then accept our fate, one day sooner or later we will all die, so we have to make sure that we suck every single cell out of life it has.

Guggimon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The key difference is that SARS wasn't anywhere near as infectious.

Plus, COVID started with presumably one infection. So if there's at least one person in some random country that still has it, it could start all over again. And that's not even factoring in that viruses can survive for years in standard freezers and other such scenarios. It seems like no one wants to accept that it's endemic, but they were projecting that even in the early days last year.
Thats true, but we have to work toghetter to make the deathrates and invected people at their lowest

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats true, but we have to work toghetter to make the deathrates and invected people at their lowest
Yeah. Even though I'm not worried about it, I understand that it's still an issue to others and I try not to push my own decisions on anyone. No one has a right to force others to their own way, but we can still be considerate of each other's choices.

For example, I don't wear masks outside since the science says it's not really necessary anyway, but if I see someone ahead of me who's wearing one, I'll take mine out and put it on just as a matter of courtesy to them. And for all I know they could be in an at-risk group. No big deal to me, but it's not going to hurt me to put it on for a bit either.

Reactions: Guggimon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021