Nintendo DS hoarder
OP
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
After COVID is all said and done, will you still wear masks? Plenty of us have bought nice reusable masks, and I wanted to know what you'll do with them after COVID. Will you still walk around showing off your cool masks, or do you think you'll be all masked out?

I think I'll keep wearing mine. I've spent good money on masks, and I like how they look on me. (though I might look a bit weird if everyone else stops wearing masks)

Edit: Ok, COVID probably will be here forever, but I mean after COVID becomes like the flu or something

Last edited by rvtr,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, that's why there's limitations on how many people you can stuff indoors.

Unfortunately, it seems not many are following that anymore. I was in an optician the other day and there were so many people stuffed in there the air actually felt thicker to breathe. I was sure I would get Covid that day lol.. but nope all tests have been negative since then.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your impression is that people want to wear the mask here I believe you're mistaken. Most people used to wear it when sick out of social obligation (and also so you can work even if sick).
I didn't really know if they wanted to or not, but doing it out of social obligation is fine with me, still keeps me from getting sick so much.

Reactions: rvtr

MSX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I certainly hope mask wearing stays around, although I think most people won't. Notice how there was a dip in the flu last year because everyone was wearing a mask. That brief moment between vaccines and the Delta variant where I didn't need it, I felt naked.

Last edited by MSX,

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I certainly hope mask wearing stays around, although I think most people won't. Notice how there was a dip in the flu last year because everyone was wearing a mask. That brief moment between vaccines and the Delta variant where I didn't need it, I felt naked.
I find it curious how the flu was practically “absent” when covid was at an all time high, don’t you? Might also be worth mentioning that the symptoms of the two are so incredibly similar. The statistics that show that as soon as COVID rolled around, the flu magically disappeared.
Not saying anything specific, but that’s just a few thoughts to play around with.

Is that the reason? Not everybody sitting around in their houses twiddling their thumbs?
My first guess wouldn’t be that it’s due to those quarantines some people just ignored. Here in the states, the cases are still the worst out of any country and it’s not completely because of that.

After COVID is all said and done, will you still wear masks? Plenty of us have bought nice reusable masks, and I wanted to know what you'll do with them after COVID. Will you still walk around showing off your cool masks, or do you think you'll be all masked out?

I think I'll keep wearing mine. I've spent good money on masks, and I like how they look on me. (though I might look a bit weird if everyone else stops wearing masks)
I was never a fan of masks. They don’t bother me in the slightest to wear, but I don’t think I’ll use them unless wherever I am wants people masked. I don’t really see people saying it’s “over” or anything until 2025 minimum with the way things are currently being handled.
Cool masks? I don’t think I could wear a ‘cool mask’ in public in a few years with the way conspiracy theorists in my area seem to attack anyone who wears them unfortunately.

Maybe where I live things are just a bit rougher than they need to be because of how diverse some of these people are, but short answer is after it’s over, I’ll just do it if I legally have to somewhere ^_^

MSX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that the reason? Not everybody sitting around in their houses twiddling their thumbs?
Well that too.
I find it curious how the flu was practically “absent” when covid was at an all time high, don’t you? Might also be worth mentioning that the symptoms of the two are so incredibly similar. The statistics that show that as soon as COVID rolled around, the flu magically disappeared.
Not saying anything specific, but that’s just a few thoughts to play around with.
It's as if masks stop this stuff from flying out of your mouth and nose and flying around the air for other people to inhale. And also as FAST6191 said, everyone staying home doing jack all also helps not get others sick.

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP

Only if I wanna hide my ugly face

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't wear it for several reasons (one of those being health). Plus, it doesn't actually protect you or anyone from anything. It gives people a false sense of security.

If you wear a mask and you can smell, then it's not stopping whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1