Deck head
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
German philosophy is a bitch. I'm doing an essay comparing Marx and Nietzche and actually I have an idea on what to do. I'm going to broadly compare the two and hopefully that will work. It should work becasue I've only had two hours of teching on Nietzche which isn't good for me. To explain I should be having six hours of teaching on the fucker, I've had two hours this week and that's going to be it. The second two hour lump was going to be this week but that's off becasue my lectuers are going out striking. Which is fair enough, their pissed about the changes and cuts to Higher education and I actually support them on that issue. And the final two hours are on the day the essay is due. The really funny thing is this essay dealine was extended from this week to antoher two weeks because they realised we would have to do an essay on Nietzche despite receiving no taeaching on him. One of my professors supports the £9K hike in University fees, he is not worth the £3K I pay now. This political theory unit's organisation is not very good. Thank fuck my other Units areso much better. I certainly don't want to be babied but I want a fair chance in doing my damn essay.

PSP Impressions​

I've had it for three weeks and I 'm very glad about my purchase. The screen is fantastic, it makes playing games a really wonderous experience and for watching videos it beats my Creative Zen. But God it should've had a second nub/stub. I found playing Liberty City Stories an absolute bitch to play. The camera can be a pain to control and the shooting is broken, it doesn't work. Does VC stories have the same problems? or at least a remotely competent shooting system.

Anyhows cheers for this barrel of shit.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
emigre said:
To explain I should be having six hours of teaching on the fucker, I've had two hours this week and that's going to be it.

That's what books are for.

That also happend to me when I was an undergraduate... Easy solution: Just go and read an 'Introduction to Nietzsche' book, or similar. Or download lectures. There are heaps of lectures about Nietzsche online if you know where to look.

emigre

Deck head
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Already ahead of you, I've got some decent stuff on Nietzche so I should be ok on that front. I just resent paying money for poor organisation. Apperently My Uni has the fifth best Politics department in the UK.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From my scant knowledge.

Marx was a structuralist, and Nietzsche has often been called a proto-poststructuralist (indeed, he has played a somewhat significant role in aspects of Derrida, Deleuze, etc).

In terms of similarity, you may want to be a bit careful. Poststructuralism was a reaction against structuralism. And while Nietzsche was not a poststructuralist per se, his ideas are often associated with (or picked up by) several pststructuralist thinkers.

While Marx's thought centers upon capital (see Deleuze's Anti-Oedipus), Nietzche's thought, would seemingly seem to center upon the lack of a center... Or perhaps that is just my bastardized reading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol