ROM Hack Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Editor/Completed Save File

Lionheartwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GREAT NEWS ! So, last night I figured out (by accident) how to unlock the Danger Room rewards without having to go online! So, when you boot up the game and are on the main menu, click on the "x" button to open up the Danger Room, then hit "R" to refresh data. It will attempt to connect to the internet (and then fail). Then, go do (and complete) an X-men GAUNTLET mission...then after you compete it, go back to the main menu and press "x" to open up the Danger Room rewards screen. After I did that, the rewards mysteriously showed up and I was able to do the Danger Room offline and go for the rewards. I think its some kind of bug as to why it doesn't unlock if you're not online.

I did hear rumors about that early on when people complained that you needed NSO access, and others found a way around it. I assumed you still needed to have online access though. Great news indeed I might check this out tonight.

Edit: @BluePhoenix3285 I couldnt reproduce this fix. How long did it take you for the connection to fail? I just get stuck in an endless loop unless I turn on airplane mode.

In either case (using airplane mode before or after I attempt to refresh) I also get an error that says failure to load new data when I come back from completing the Gauntlet with nothing updating and it still ending up blank. Is there anyway you can upload your gamesave or recreate this fix on one of the gamesaves I uploaded and reupload it back for me?

Last edited by Lionheartwolf, , Reason: Updated

doctordoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i
GREAT NEWS ! So, last night I figured out (by accident) how to unlock the Danger Room rewards without having to go online! So, when you boot up the game and are on the main menu, click on the "x" button to open up the Danger Room, then hit "R" to refresh data. It will attempt to connect to the internet (and then fail). Then, go do (and complete) an X-men GAUNTLET mission...then after you compete it, go back to the main menu and press "x" to open up the Danger Room rewards screen. After I did that, the rewards mysteriously showed up and I was able to do the Danger Room offline and go for the rewards. I think its some kind of bug as to why it doesn't unlock if you're not online.
I will try this right now and report back.

*i too get an endless connecting screen*

Last edited by doctordoom,
Reactions: Ivaneh

BluePhoenix3285

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i

I will try this right now and report back.

*i too get an endless connecting screen*

It's not supposed to connect. Open up the Danger Rewards screen while being
I did hear rumors about that early on when people complained that you needed NSO access, and others found a way around it. I assumed you still needed to have online access though. Great news indeed I might check this out tonight.

Edit: @BluePhoenix3285 I couldnt reproduce this fix. How long did it take you for the connection to fail? I just get stuck in an endless loop unless I turn on airplane mode.

In either case (using airplane mode before or after I attempt to refresh) I also get an error that says failure to load new data when I come back from completing the Gauntlet with nothing updating and it still ending up blank. Is there anyway you can upload your gamesave or recreate this fix on one of the gamesaves I uploaded and reupload it back for me?

I LITERALLY did it by accident. I boot the game up like normal and when I got to the main menu, I pressed "x" to load up the Danger Room (even though I knew nothing was going to happen since I was offline), then, for the heck of it I pressed "r" to refresh the data like it said on the screen... THEN my switch tried to connect to the internet as usual, but then said a connection couldn't be found. Then I just made a "sigh" and I quit and did an X-Men Gauntlet run... Then when it was done and I went back the main menu. I saw that the "x" button on the top right of the screen on the main menu (where you open up the Danger Room rewards) had a red "!" next to it. I pressed "x" and there was all of the Danger Room rewards and tier lists!

Last edited by BluePhoenix3285,

Lionheartwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not supposed to connect. Open up the Danger Rewards screen while being

I LITERALLY did it by accident. I boot the game up like normal and when I got to the main menu, I pressed "x" to load up the Danger Room (even though I knew nothing was going to happen since I was offline), then, for the heck of it I pressed "r" to refresh the data like it said on the screen... THEN my switch tried to connect to the internet as usual, but then said a connection couldn't be found. Then I just made a "sigh" and I quit and did an X-Men Gauntlet run... Then when it was done and I went back the main menu. I saw that the "x" button on the top right of the screen on the main menu (where you open up the Danger Room rewards) had a red "!" next to it. I pressed "x" and there was all of the Danger Room rewards and tier lists!

So when you try to connect are you on airplane mode? Are you using DNS settings that prevent you from accessing Nintendo's servers? Are you using SXOS or Atmosphere? If you are using SXOS are you in Stealth mode? I dont doubt thats what you did, it just doesnt work the same way for us and Im trying to remove variables. When I do exactly what you say there is no message saying no connection could be found. It just endlessly tries to connect until I put my switch in airplane mode. Thats why I am asking.

If you have Checkpoint could you at least upload your save with that information already unlocked? That would be a great help in helping me find the values so I can make a cheat, to get around it. Maybe you can PM me and we can figure it out?

Last edited by Lionheartwolf,

doctordoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when you try to connect are you on airplane mode? Are you using DNS settings that prevent you from accessing Nintendo's servers? Are you using SXOS or Atmosphere? If you are using SXOS are you in Stealth mode? I dont doubt thats what you did, it just doesnt work the same way for us and Im trying to remove variables. When I do exactly what you say there is no message saying no connection could be found. It just endlessly tries to connect until I put my switch in airplane mode. Thats why I am asking.

If you have Checkpoint could you at least upload your save with that information already unlocked? That would be a great help in helping me find the values so I can make a cheat, to get around it. Maybe you can PM me and we can figure it out?

If you could make a code that unlocks the danger room rewards, that would be most epic. I enjoy the core game but the direction the first DLC took made me loathe the game and then how DLC2 locks rewards behind a pay service further cements my hate for the game. Something like this would make the game less sucky.

D

Deleted User

This did not work for me. I tried numerous times and never saw the rewards show up in offline SP

Reactions: Felipeclaro

Lionheartwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be able to recreate the offline gauntlet exploit. I am going to enable cheats, unlock everything and share the save here. Wish me luck!

In the off chance that you get this before you unlock everything can you backup your save from right after you got the fix to work, and upload both saves (one before you unlock the rewards and one after.)

It could help me greatly if I could compare the two saves and still make a cheat to unlock skins like this in the future.

lewis4man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LionHeart - only just seen this - im quite far along now but will make a backup asap;

Progress update - it also updated the shop so I have all of the alt colours along with new costumes not tied to danger room. The top difficulty (ie DELTA) is obviously made easier by infinite health/energy but still difficult because of the level 200 ai!

Additionally, the exp cube cheats arent working for me - i have the latest ones in this thread. any advice?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lionheart - I'm scared if I leave and backup the save itll destroy the battle pass progress :/
In the off chance that you get this before you unlock everything can you backup your save from right after you got the fix to work, and upload both saves (one before you unlock the rewards and one after.)

It could help me greatly if I could compare the two saves and still make a cheat to unlock skins like this in the future.

Lionheartwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LionHeart - only just seen this - im quite far along now but will make a backup asap;

Progress update - it also updated the shop so I have all of the alt colours along with new costumes not tied to danger room. The top difficulty (ie DELTA) is obviously made easier by infinite health/energy but still difficult because of the level 200 ai!

Additionally, the exp cube cheats arent working for me - i have the latest ones in this thread. any advice?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lionheart - I'm scared if I leave and backup the save itll destroy the battle pass progress :/

Im pretty sure Checkpoint can backup saves while the game is still running. Its only when you what to restore while the game is running that is an issue.

As for the XP cubes, I noticed that all those static cheats were not working. Since they are all static though its easy enough to find (no pointers!) Let me see if I can find some of the values real quick.

Lionheartwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My checkpoint tells me error 0xE02 failed to mount save when i try to backup whilst running atm

Oh darn, well yeah I guess youd have to close out of the game to backup then. Personally, Im confident that it would be okay but, its your save so its okay if you want to unlock everything if you feel its safer.

As for the XP codes, it must have been a user error on my end. I looked up the addresses and they are correct.

EDIT: I did find that for some reason having HP/MAX/Energy cheats active at the same time as the XP cheat (or any static cheat) breaks the cheat. I dont know why but Im going to look into it tonight. For now, if you want to use the XP cheats disable any other cheat and see if that fixes the problem.

Last edited by Lionheartwolf,

lewis4man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh darn, well yeah I guess youd have to close out of the game to backup then. Personally, Im confident that it would be okay but, its your save so its okay if you want to unlock everything if you feel its safer.

As for the XP codes, it must have been a user error on my end. I looked up the addresses and they are correct.

EDIT: I did find that for some reason having other cheats active at the same time as the XP cheat breaks the cheat. I dont know why but Im going to look into it tonight. For now, if you want to use the XP cheats disable any other cheat and see if that fixes the problem.

The reason I'm worried is that I backed out of the save earlier, and had to redo the exploit to unlock the challenges again - if that happens whats to say the whole thing doesnt reset?

Lionheartwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I'm worried is that I backed out of the save earlier, and had to redo the exploit to unlock the challenges again - if that happens whats to say the whole thing doesnt reset?

Play it safe then. Id rather have a save that did unlock everything than nothing. :P

lewis4man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone - making progress. Been at work all day, so may be a couple of days yet as same through to the weekend. Hopefully it'll be done soon. Currently at rank 10/30. How exciting.

It takes a lot longer as you gain points half as quickly if you're offline :(

Reactions: Lionheartwolf

doctordoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone - making progress. Been at work all day, so may be a couple of days yet as same through to the weekend. Hopefully it'll be done soon. Currently at rank 10/30. How exciting.

It takes a lot longer as you gain points half as quickly if you're offline :(
Not sure if you tried but I would use edizon to search out the points and manually change them.

Reactions: Ivaneh

lewis4man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They aren't quantifiable points - it's not a value. It's like 5 pips per level that reset every level. Honestly by the time I've found all the 5s in the ram, I could have just done it.

Anyway, done 15/30 now.

Bedtime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: