Hacking MarioKart Pwns

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@airline38 : giantpune is right target game's ios's existence in the korean wii is sufficient for this to work..
each time a new partition is booted the ios used by that partition is loaded into arm... Remember it from the problem for games like Metroid Prime Trilogy which have different partitions for each game...

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
WiiCrazy said:
Remember it from the problem for games like Metroid Prime Trilogy which have different partitions for each game...MPT comes with only 2 partitions: UPDATE and DATA. And the data partition contains all three games:

CODE# wit files mpt.wdfÂÂ--files '+.dol;+/files/*/$' --pmode=name --psel=data

path + file
-----------------------
DATA/files/MP1/
DATA/files/MP2/
DATA/files/MP3/
DATA/files/fe/
DATA/files/rs5fe_p.dol
DATA/files/rs5mp1_p.dol
DATA/files/rs5mp2_p.dol
DATA/files/rs5mp3_p.dol
DATA/sys/main.dol

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Wiimm said:
WiiCrazy said:
Remember it from the problem for games like Metroid Prime Trilogy which have different partitions for each game...MPT comes with only 2 partitions: UPDATE and DATA. And the data partition contains all three games:

CODE# wit files mpt.wdfÂÂ--files '+.dol;+/files/*/$' --pmode=name --psel=data

path + file
-----------------------
DATA/files/MP1/
DATA/files/MP2/
DATA/files/MP3/
DATA/files/fe/
DATA/files/rs5fe_p.dol
DATA/files/rs5mp1_p.dol
DATA/files/rs5mp2_p.dol
DATA/files/rs5mp3_p.dol
DATA/sys/main.dol

Well then it's my assumption, anyway a proper example would be VC games in SSBB or the bonus game in Indiana Jones game...

Anyway after all these debates can someone post the commandline for wit and the ruleset for mkwii to merge lego indiana jones in it?

khalkedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
How do I do it?
Dump the 2 games you want to use, grab the DATA partition from the game that has the exploit. Put it in place of the non-game partition in the other game. Load the thing and trigger the partition change. It will start the second game and you can go on to run the exploit and do whatever you want with it.

How could grab the DATA partition from the with exploid game and how to add to Mario Kart game?

I tried the WIT tool. But I couldn't find clear guide.

Please make more clear explanation. Please explain to like a 6 year old boy. My Enlish is not good and I don't know the lots of terms ...

Thanks a lot.

Edit:

By the way I will use for 4.2 and 4.3 with korean error 003.

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the way i did it is to create a simple program that reads the partition table and then you know the start of the data partition. http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Disc The easiest way to get the size of the data partition is to just use "wit dump" and look for the size. you do this on both games and then you know both data partitions.

then if you have an issue with the space ( you are using larger games ), then you can create your new iso and shift the partitions forward. so, just copy all the header and whatnot from mariokart, then write your new partitions table and write whatever offsets you want. then add your actual partitions and whatever padding you need to make them fall on the offsets you used.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I guess khalkedon didn't ask for developer's advice
smile.gif

Anyway, why would size matter if we are just merging two single layer games under one dual layer disc?
Even overlay support of WIT is not necessary in that regard.

ps: oops sorry this was for fixing 003 error I guess...

DJ_Eric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any successful way to combine mario kart or raving rabbids with SSBB and able to burn it with a single or dual layer disc?

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never got SSBB to boot this way. the 2 version of the game that have working exploits check the ID in memory when they start. i spend a couple days at it and tested probably 50 different methods. when you do get it to boot, it will see the ID of mariokart or whatever in memory and will give you the green "please insert the disc" screen.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
DJ_Eric said:
Has there been any successful way to combine mario kart or raving rabbids with SSBB and able to burn it with a single or dual layer disc?

I'm not sure about if Waninkoko did something like that one time, but you can just use USB Loader.
wink.gif

DJ_Eric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
DJ_Eric said:

I'm not sure about if Waninkoko did something like that one time, but you can just use USB Loader.
wink.gif

Yeah, what if you can't launch a usb loader. What about if you can only get the recovery mode to come up? Thats what I'm stuck with, with a 003 wii that someone asked me to try and fix.
hate2.gif

@giantpune. I've read that you were going to try using a wode to fix a 003 wii. Did that end up working at all?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
DJ_Eric said:
Delta517 said:
DJ_Eric said:

wink.gif

Yeah, what if you can't launch a usb loader. What about if you can only get the recovery mode to come up? Thats what I'm stuck with, with a 003 wii that someone asked me to try and fix.
hate2.gif

@giantpune. I've read that you were going to try using a wode to fix a 003 wii. Did that end up working at all?

Yes, it worked.

No, I'm not Pune.

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mkwii + loadmii disc will work if IOS36 and whatever IOS is in the TMD for the loadmii partition both allow fakesigned discs. and if you already have that, then theres no point really in doing it.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have played with this a little bit. It may not have much use once smash stack is released for pal/kor, but I will tell you what has worked for me.

Method #1 Boot ssbb vc starfox, disc swap to out of region game.
Requires SSBB iso for your wiis region
Requires Games exploit iso
Requires classic controler
Requires Modchip
You need WIT- I used WIT v1.25b, 2011-01-10
You need Wii ISO title renamer

Extract the wit bin files to a dir, say c:\wit
Extract wii ios renamer to c:\wit
Copy ssbb.iso to c:\wit
Copy exploit.iso to c:\wit
I am using Windblows, so
Click start, run- type cmd and hit enter
The command shell will open

Type cd \
cd \wit
wit mix ssbb.iso select HBLP as 0.data header region --id=0 --dest starfox.iso
Let it do its thing
wit mix exploit.iso --dest exploit-2.iso (this just stips out the update partition, which may or may not mater)
Let it do its thing

open up WIIISORenamerv3.exe
Open starfox.iso
Write down game name and game ID
Open exploit-2.iso with WIIISORnamer
Change the game name and game id to match starfox.iso
Game name = Super Smash Bros. Brawl
GameID = 0SBE01 -FOR 4.3u, 0SBP01 -FOR 4.3e, 0SBJ01 -FOR 4.3j, 0SBK01 -for 4.3k
The game ID and game name must match for starfox.iso and exploit-2.iso
Burn both disc good and proper

Load the starfox disc from the disc channel or RM, you'll need your classic controller plugged in
Let the game load the the title screen where it says "press start"
Press home and the wiimote
Press eject on the wii, remove starfox disc and replace with exploit disc
With the wiimote, press restart. The game should restart into your exploit disc

Exploit disc could be any game exploit, Lego indian jones, star wars, batman, Yu-Gi-OH
No luck with SSBB-u, just give the error insert disc. Giantpune may have a method to fix that.
SSBB-pal should boot this way. Also, you can use many other games other than starfox to do this. The game must be in the region of the wii, the game must reset to the health screen when restarted. I also did this with Castlevania, with this game I had to load to the main screen, press home, swap disc, press home again and go back to the game, very quickly as soon as the disc spins up, press home and reset.

Method 2 disc channel install
Could be done with Mario Kart, probably wiifit or rabbids go home
You need a game iso for your region, that installs channels, and you must not have the channel installed on your wii
You need a game iso that has an exploit you wish to run, like Lego indian jones, star wars, batman, Yu-Gi-OH
You need WIT- I used WIT v1.25b, 2011-01-10

Extract the wit bin files to a dir, say c:\wit
Copy game.iso to c:\wit
Copy exploit.iso to c:\wit

Make a txt doc, named game.txt
game.txt should have 1 line only-
+/files
Make a txt doc, named exploit.txt
exploit.txt should have 1 line only-
+/files

I am using Windblows, so
Click start, run- type cmd and hit enter
The command shell will open

Type cd \
cd \wit
wit mix game.iso header region exploit.iso ignore "@exploit.txt" select DATA as chan --id=0 --dest game1.iso --overlay
Let it do its thing
wit mix game.iso header region ignore "@game.txt" exploit.iso select DATA as chan --id=0 --dest game-exploit.iso --overlay
Let it do its thing

Burn game1.iso and game-exploit.iso good and proper
Load game1 disc from the disc channel or RM

Navigate to the channel installer, select to install the channel. It will say channel requires so much blocks, install yes/no
When you get to that prompt, press home on the wiimote eject the game disc and insert the game-exploit disc
Press Home again and press the install prompt, Your game exploit disc should load
I only tested on MK, if you have the channel installed it won't work.
This can be done with 1 disc, but the overlay is more complicated. The disc swap seems to be the simplest solution.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@mauifrog, I assume you still have to copy one of those exploits (EX:LEGO Indy ,Batman,Star Wars ,Yu-gi-ho 5Ds...) to Wii console in advance. Is it correct ?

So......... what's the benefit of your "new methods" ? Why not using those "exploit game disc"
directly ? (except for KOR Wii)

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
airline38 said:
@mauifrog, I assume you still have to copy one of those exploits (EX:LEGO Indy ,Batman,Star Wars ,Yu-gi-ho 5Ds...) to Wii console in advance. Is it correct ?

So......... what's the benefit of your "new methods" ? Why not using those "exploit game disc"
directly ? (except for KOR Wii)
No benefit to me. Perhaps to someone with a Korean wii. The exploits work the same as always, you need to copy it to the wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...