Mario Strikers Charged Football, May 25th UK

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by sekhu, May 4, 2007.

May 4, 2007
  1. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

I didn't take fondly to the Gamecube version I found it quite limited in its appeal, but it will have online play, in the UK at least

2. Mars

Member Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

United States
    Will this be realeased in the US?

3. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    I expect it will be released in the US though they will probably change Football to soccer, whether it will be online and when it will be out, I have no idea

4. amrod

Member amrod GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    found this on another forum... hope its better then what the reviewer says

Dutch Magazine [N]gamer
    Rough Translation:

They tested the full game but the online wasn't ready yet.

"Graphics:
    The term gamecube+ suffices. The game looks as good as the Gamecube version, some extra graphic effects.
    Sound:
    Monotonous, predictable, boring. We heared three different songs in the entire game, mediocre quality. Where are the Mario tunes?
    Gameplay:
    Wiiremote and nunchuck controls are OK, but so much more was possible? Waggling to do a sliding? Come on!
    Long term:
    Single player is short, with just a few cups and a few challenges, the lone gamer isn't in for a treat.
    Conclusion
    Strikers charged doesn't add anything to the previous part, nearly doesn't use the capabilities of the Wii and doestn't feel like a quality title. Will the online mode rescue it?

In comparison, they gave the gamecube game a 8.0

More to come...

Stopping the mega strikes with the wiiremote pointer feels gimmicky.
    Animations before the megastrikes are to long and non-skippable
    Abilities of side kicks are useless because of the importance of making megastrikes

5. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    Yeah I was not expecting much from the game as I said, I wasn't keen on the GC version (surprised it scored so high) - my Wii is starting to look like a large paperweight gathering dust. Where are the must-have games, where's this promise of innovation - beyond wii sports it's been pretty lame month on month.

I don't think even nintendo's in house team can create anything worth buying that hasn't been seen before or done before.

6. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    If u wernt keen on the GC version then u eed to get friends. This is easily one of the best multiplaer GC games.

7. maxpouliot

Member maxpouliot GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The real question is : will we be able to play online with a backup copy?

8. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    The GameCube version is a right blast and I'm not even a football fan. My mate came round a few days back with the intention of messing about on my Wii and PS2, but most of the day we had the old GC out playing Mario Smash Football. It's one of those games where you say 'we'll just have one match/game', and then look up and realise 3-4 hours have just past. Doesn't look like they've changed a lot for the Wii version. I hope the controls work okay... I'm starting to get fed up of doing pointless hand motions for actions that can just as easily be performed with the press of a button.

[​IMG]

9. jaxxster

United Kingdom
    Dont see why it wouldnt be.

10. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    Need friends? Because I don't like a game? I suppose if you're a kid you might wanna play this with your early teen friends, but I guess the smarter choice would be to have a Pro Evo game on the Wii rather than some novelty football game with limited gameplay.

Mario Strikers, for me and fellow friends, is a pale imitation of the beautiful game. A kiddification, if you will. But hey opinions are like arseholes, every one has one, just some smell more than others.

It will, however, be very interesting to see if the game works online, guess we find out at the end of the month

11. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Nice to get a game before other countries.

I remember reading a month ago that it was due out on this day but remember whether it said if it would be online on that day too.

12. maxpouliot

Member maxpouliot GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Maybe if they use a serial to check that there's not two persons with the same serial online

13. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    That artwork is 1337.

14. jaxxster

United Kingdom
    Hmm, Thats a point, I wonder if each DVD when pressed was created slightly different. I cant see it being done...Like the xbox 360 backups are fully playable online.

To the OP no need to be such a wanker, I was just saying this game needs freinds to be enjoyable. I wasnt trying to insult you or anything, Sorry. Pro Evo is a good game to play but sometimes when you just wanna have fun and chill a bit this game is great, A barrel of laughs and intense.

15. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    the way it might work is that there's some sort of friendsode generator which is the same for any game disc, but the code is generated based on the wii's friends code.

i dunno if nintendo's deal with gamespy is applicable in the UK/Europe regarding online play.

@jaxxster calling me a wanker and apologising in the same paragraph? you've certainly excelled yourself. Apology accepted.

16. ryohki

Member ryohki GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I look forward to giving this a shot next week, at conference.

17. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    sweet, loved the gc version, honestly not expectin the wii version to change much but as long as its not any worse ill be happy [​IMG]

lovin the whole online play! this game is definately better multiplayer then single (THE COMP CHEATS!!!)

18. jaxxster

United Kingdom
    The only thing im worried about is ninty fkin this game up with stupid wiimote controls. I'll be happy with the same GC controls and more features plus the wifi play.

19. EddyB

Member EddyB GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I've played a demo at a nintendo wii press party and I did like it, it takes about half an hour to master the controls but then the fun starts, didn't get to see the online part tough.

If you like the CG version you'll love this one.