moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DM_Wii_MarioStrikers_enGB_r1_c1.jpg

I didn't take fondly to the Gamecube version I found it quite limited in its appeal, but it will have online play, in the UK at least

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I expect it will be released in the US though they will probably change Football to soccer, whether it will be online and when it will be out, I have no idea

amrod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
found this on another forum... hope its better then what the reviewer says

Dutch Magazine [N]gamer
Rough Translation:

They tested the full game but the online wasn't ready yet.

"Graphics:
The term gamecube+ suffices. The game looks as good as the Gamecube version, some extra graphic effects.
Sound:
Monotonous, predictable, boring. We heared three different songs in the entire game, mediocre quality. Where are the Mario tunes?
Gameplay:
Wiiremote and nunchuck controls are OK, but so much more was possible? Waggling to do a sliding? Come on!
Long term:
Single player is short, with just a few cups and a few challenges, the lone gamer isn't in for a treat.
Conclusion
Strikers charged doesn't add anything to the previous part, nearly doesn't use the capabilities of the Wii and doestn't feel like a quality title. Will the online mode rescue it?

In comparison, they gave the gamecube game a 8.0

More to come...

Stopping the mega strikes with the wiiremote pointer feels gimmicky.
Animations before the megastrikes are to long and non-skippable
Abilities of side kicks are useless because of the importance of making megastrikes

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I was not expecting much from the game as I said, I wasn't keen on the GC version (surprised it scored so high) - my Wii is starting to look like a large paperweight gathering dust. Where are the must-have games, where's this promise of innovation - beyond wii sports it's been pretty lame month on month.

I don't think even nintendo's in house team can create anything worth buying that hasn't been seen before or done before.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The GameCube version is a right blast and I'm not even a football fan. My mate came round a few days back with the intention of messing about on my Wii and PS2, but most of the day we had the old GC out playing Mario Smash Football. It's one of those games where you say 'we'll just have one match/game', and then look up and realise 3-4 hours have just past. Doesn't look like they've changed a lot for the Wii version. I hope the controls work okay... I'm starting to get fed up of doing pointless hand motions for actions that can just as easily be performed with the press of a button.

frown.gif

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If u wernt keen on the GC version then u eed to get friends. This is easily one of the best multiplaer GC games.

Need friends? Because I don't like a game? I suppose if you're a kid you might wanna play this with your early teen friends, but I guess the smarter choice would be to have a Pro Evo game on the Wii rather than some novelty football game with limited gameplay.

Mario Strikers, for me and fellow friends, is a pale imitation of the beautiful game. A kiddification, if you will. But hey opinions are like arseholes, every one has one, just some smell more than others.

It will, however, be very interesting to see if the game works online, guess we find out at the end of the month

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to get a game before other countries.

I remember reading a month ago that it was due out on this day but remember whether it said if it would be online on that day too.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
The real question is : will we be able to play online with a backup copy?

Dont see why it wouldnt be.

Maybe if they use a serial to check that there's not two persons with the same serial online

Hmm, Thats a point, I wonder if each DVD when pressed was created slightly different. I cant see it being done...Like the xbox 360 backups are fully playable online.

To the OP no need to be such a wanker, I was just saying this game needs freinds to be enjoyable. I wasnt trying to insult you or anything, Sorry. Pro Evo is a good game to play but sometimes when you just wanna have fun and chill a bit this game is great, A barrel of laughs and intense.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the way it might work is that there's some sort of friendsode generator which is the same for any game disc, but the code is generated based on the wii's friends code.

i dunno if nintendo's deal with gamespy is applicable in the UK/Europe regarding online play.

@jaxxster calling me a wanker and apologising in the same paragraph? you've certainly excelled yourself. Apology accepted.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
sweet, loved the gc version, honestly not expectin the wii version to change much but as long as its not any worse ill be happy
smile.gif

lovin the whole online play! this game is definately better multiplayer then single (THE COMP CHEATS!!!)

EddyB

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've played a demo at a nintendo wii press party and I did like it, it takes about half an hour to master the controls but then the fun starts, didn't get to see the online part tough.

If you like the CG version you'll love this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1